“The funky stay on airstrip”

Eremo della Giubiliana
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Ragusa
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed here on our week long vacation to Sicily. The stay at a cottage on the airstip was one of a kind and we quite enjoyed having a spacious room and a morning bike ride to breakfast at the main hotel. The room and the bathroom were well maintained and nicely but simply decorated. I particularly liked the huge window next to the bathtub. The breakfast was fantastic and so was the dinner and quite a good value too, with some helpful wine recommendations and superb service from Antonio, the star of the dining room. The hotel is quite remote and makes for a great spot to relax in a countryside ideal. The hotel premises were very well remodelled, the dining room and the courtyard were a perfect place to hold a wedding. The only place that looked like an afterthought was the swimming pool which was in a remote shaded part of the garden and quite small. In a place like this it should be somewhere you can enjoy the view of the raw beauty around you.

Room Tip: Marina di Ragusa was quite a pleasant surprise with a sandy beach and good fish restaurants on the b...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

The main hotel has been beautifully renovated and the dining room and grounds are lovely. We stayed in a stone cottage which is off site and next to the hotel's private airstrip. It was a good value but very isolated. The breakfast was one of the best of our trip and the dinner was very good as well. Lunch at Il Duomo in Ragusa Ibla was sublime.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank CAgirl92270
Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on the last leg of our three week visit to Sicily. Gianna and staff were happy to help in any way possible.
I booked a cottage, somewhat remote from the main hotel, by mistake and was given a room in a matter of minutes. Gianna did some juggling but in the end, we were able to have a room, a bit small but none the less, comfortable. We were impressed by the staff, including Hann, by the way they went about the day to day operation of the hotel. If you decide on Eramo, be sure to eat at least one meal in the award winning ristorante.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Superb location, off the beaten track, but near to some towns with fine history and architecture eg Ragusa, Very quaint building with fine heritage and great atmosphere. Super, charming service. Breakfast variable and hot water sometimes a problem perhaps due to age of buuilding?

Room Tip: Rooms ovelooking the garden and pool are best.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2012

An interesting property where you really feel that you are stepping into a part of history. The staff are helpful, the grounds and the hotel are lovely. We had a big suite that connected to another room for ourselves and the children. The room was big and clean, my only warning is the beds. They are hard, I mean they are a mattress on a piece of wood. It did not bother me but my husband found it hard on his back.
The resturant serves sophisticated cuisine and were not amazing at catering to the children.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank notenoughshelfspace
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Located in the countryside about 7 km from Ragusa. The property and grounds are remarkable. The hotel is charming. The breakfast -- even at 5 star standards -- is great. We had the petite price fix dinner in the restaurant, and it was one of the 5 best dinners I have ever had. You can't have dinner in an elegant dining room that is hundreds of years old in the USA. Places like Eremo della Gubliliana are why you go to Italy. You just cannot have an experience like this in the USA -- OK, maybe the Post Ranch Inn. It is not cheap, but it is worth it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank craig f
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I wanted to share a remarkable story about this hotel. At the end of our trip through Sicily last October I was not able to find my wallet, which was an expensive leather designer wallet my husband had given me as a gift. I had not carried my wallet much during the trip, mainly leaving it in the hotel safe, so I did not think it had been stolen, but maybe I'd left it behind somewhere while packing. So I called each of our last 3 hotels to see if anyone had found it. They all checked and said no, but would let me know if it turned up. I then canceled all the credit cards and assumed it was missing for good. Lo and behold, in early December I received a UPS Int'l delivery package from Eremo della Giubiliana with not only the wallet inside, but all of my credit cards and the $300 in cash and a few Euros I'd left in it! I was blown away by this act of honesty and kindness!
This is not only a charming hotel, it has impeccable service. You will be in kind and honest hands here!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Viaggio4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ragusa
5.5 km away
62.8 km away
Grand Hotel Minareto
Grand Hotel Minareto
#9 of 75 in Syracuse

Been to Eremo della Giubiliana? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Eremo della Giubiliana

Address: S.P. 25 per Marina di Ragusa - km 7,5 | Contrada Giubiliana, 97100, Ragusa, Sicily, Italy
Region: Italy > Sicily > Province of Ragusa > Ragusa
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Luxury Hotel in Ragusa
#8 Romantic Hotel in Ragusa
Price Range: $196 - $323 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Eremo della Giubiliana 5*
Thanks to the different programs available you will be able to decide which itinerary to take to discover the island or explore the nearby Mediterranean destinations reachable by private plane from the airfield at Eremo della Giubiliana. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Eremo della Giubiliana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Eremo Della Giubiliana Ragusa, Italy - Sicily