We were here with a large Travelsphere group. Our room was very large, in fact a triple, with a huge double bed. Even the suitcase shelf was big enough for two suitcases and one of our small bags - a rarity! Everything was very clean. The bathroom was big enough for both of us to use at the same time, and a powerful shower which was easy to use. The room was quiet, in fact there was a wedding party in the courtyard one night, but we didn't hear a sound.
The pool was clean, with a nice space around it with loungers, but like all of the hotels we visited, people who used it said the water was very cold.
The only thing which let this hotel down for us was the dining room. Because of the shape of the roof the acoustics were very bad, and with a large group in there it was very noisy, and when another group turned up, it was extremely noisy! We rather pitied the people who were not traveling in a group. We were however down at the far end by the kitchens and it may not have been so bad up the other end. However the food was good, but as we had had to order the previous night, some people took calamari that they hadn't ordered so 4 people didn't get what they ordered and the restaurant had run out of calamari! They ended up eating steak at 9 pm.
The breakfast room was much quieter with a good selection of all the usual breakfast things, and lots of sweet cakes which to us was slightly odd.
The bar and table drinks were rather expensive, but this seems to be par for this type of hotel in Sicely.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere so if you are staying as individuals you really do need a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poggio del Sole Resort is beautifully situated in the hyblean landscape. Those buldings which were once parts of an elegant "masseria" now frame a multi-purpose and uniquely designed Hotel with its restaurants, bars, meeting rooms and Spa. Please come and visit us. Our staff will carefully help you to discover more about Poggio del Sole Resort and enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Poggio del Sole Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Poggio Del Sole Ragusa
- Hotel Poggio Del Sole Resort Ragusa, Italy - Sicily