All reviews infinity pool pool restaurant complimentary boat trip piano bar amalfi coast rose petals concierge staff beautiful hotel private garden complimentary shuttle pool staff pool side exceptional hotel bucket list best pizza upgraded to a suite our honeymoon
Reviewed September 17, 2018

We stayed at the Belmond Caruso in September 2018 to celebrate our 25th anniversary and visit the Amalfi Coast for the first time. The hotel, location and the Belmond Caruso staff exceeded all of our expectations and it was a perfect holiday. If you want a special experience, this is the place to go.
The hotel is within 5 minutes walking distance of Ravello village centre, so we were able to eat out on 4 out of 5 nights at really excellent and well priced local restaurants as well as visiting cafes for coffee and snacks in the day. The hotel restaurant is exceptional but very expensive so we chose to eat there on one night for our celebratory meal.
As with the entire Belmond experience, it's all the delightful and complimentary extras which make the holiday special such as the complimentary shuttle which we took every day to Amalfi or Positano as well as the lovely hotel boat which we enjoyed twice, sailing up to Positano along the Amalfi Coast and enjoying a swim in the sea along the way. These are memories we will treasure. Had we arranged and payed for them ourselves, it would have been extra-ordinarily expensive.

Room tip: Recommend the double superior room with terrace.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Dear Sunbird50,

Thank you so much for taking your precious time to share this fantastic review on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted to learn that your stay for your 25th anniversary even exceeded your expectations and that you appreciated not only the beautiful town of Ravello but also the exceptional dining experience as well as the complimentary shuttle service and boat trip along the Amalfi Coast.

It makes me very happy that you carried so many wonderful memories back home and I do hope to welcome you back soon to Belmond Hotel Caruso.

Warm regards

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t fault this place at all.

Amazing staff who are courteous and very helpful.

The restaurant is spectacular with the food quality that is out of this world.

If you are looking for a low-cost hotel this may not be for you but if you are looking for special occasion this definitely fits the bill.

Highly recommended!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear David W,

On behalf of my entire team I thank you for writing your stunning review on Tripadvisor.

I’m so pleased to hear that you had such a fabulous experience and that everything about your stay, from the amazing staff to our Belvedere Restaurant and the food, was just perfect.

Thanks for recommending Belmond Hotel Caruso and we look very forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards from Ravello

Reviewed September 16, 2018

At the end of August 2018, we spent a few days at Hotel Caruso. We enjoyed breathtaking views of the Amalfi Coast throughout the hotel, including the spectacular infinity pool. We enjoyed dinner at the Belvedere restaurant, with an excellent atmosphere and delicious food. Most importantly, we had the chance to celebrate our wedding in the hotel's garden. I would like to thank the hotel for such a special stay and highlight the superb service. A very special thanks to Gennaro Cortese, who provided exceptional service throughout our stay and made us feel very welcome. Giuseppe Emanuele Montemurro and Iolanda Mansi went out of their way to help us and make our experience exceptional. We hope to return soon.

Kind regards,
Cesar and Virginia

Date of stay: August 2018

Dear cesarff2017,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share this lovely review on Tripadvisor.

It fills me with joy to hear that you had such a wonderful and unforgettable stay at Belmond Hotel Caruso and that we contributed to the success of one of the most important days in your lives.

I’m especially happy to learn that you appreciated all the efforts made by our staff members Gennaro, Giuseppe and Iolanda.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon for another exceptional experience.

Kindest regards

Reviewed September 14, 2018

The staff provided impeccable and friendly service. For example, when my wife and I arrived at the front desk the GM, Franco, was called to greet us and show us around the property which was fantastico. He introduced us to the concierge, Antonella (and later JJ), who immediately summarized the incredible extra programs the hotel offers. We were interested in the Chef's Table experience so she called the restaurant and bar manager, Baldo, to the lobby to explain the details. The experience provided us with an outdoor private table on the lawn with our own server, Francesco, who was extremely personable and knowledgeable about the local and regional wines. We were served 8 courses paired with incredible wines, and the superb chef, Domenico, accompanied about half the courses to serve and explain the his dishes. We ate, drank, conversed and laughed for 3.5 hours. It was the best food experience of our lives.

Another fun experience was the pizza cooking lesson with chef Dennis. It was informative and fun, and you get to eat your creation.

The breakfast buffet was complimentary and had so many choices - fresh berries and fruit, cereals, yogurt, juices, fresh tarts and pastries, meat & cheese, and more. The staff here was also incredible and you quickly find a favorite (Gennaro).

The infinity pool was the perfect temperature and had a breath-taking view. The pool staff (favorite Lucia) was always so friendly and helpful.

The hotel is a 2 minute walk from Ravello which offers shops and restaurants. The vibe is more relaxing and much less crowded than Positano and Amalfi.

Dear john b,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to share this lovely comment on Tripadvisor.

I’m very honoured to read all the amazing words you found to describe your stay at Belmond Hotel Caruso and I’m delighted to learn that everything was just perfect.

It makes me particularly happy that you appreciated so much our friendly and professional staff of which, as you will imagine, I’m very proud of. I am also very glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable chef’s table experience.

My team and I very look forward to welcoming you back soon to beautiful Ravello.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2018

The Belmont Caruso is beyond compare. Yes the propert itself and the location in Ravello are breathtaking and special but it is the staff that truly made our recent visit so memorable. From JJ,the concierge and Yolanda, who checked us in to Monica, Alfredo,Julia and the entire poolside restaurant staff, to Marco, Guia and the pool staff, a very big than you from The Sheridan family. You made our visit so relaxing and special. Your graciousness will not be forgotten. We will be back

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Huzzagirl,

On behalf of my entire team, particularly of all the staff members you mentioned, I would like to thank you for sharing your amazing review on Tripadvisor.

I couldn’t be happier to hear that your stay at Belmond Hotel Caruso was such a special and relaxing experience and that our staff made your visit so memorable.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon and for your next visit to top your relaxation even more, I highly recommend to enjoy one of our beautiful Spa treaments or to visit our brand new steam room.

Warmest regards,