“Best Day Ever!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Food & Drink in Ravello
nyc
“Best Day Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Having a great time in the Amalfi Coast is easy to do, however, Mama Agata exceeds all expectations! Chiara and her mother (Mama Agata) reside in a goregous place in Ravello and open their doors and hearts to you for the entire day. The recipes are skillful and the food is delicious. The atmosphere of lemon groves, gardens, vineyards and the sea tranport you, while you are enjoying amazing food and wine. The entire day felt magical to us and Chiara makes you feel part of the family. Truly a spectacular experience and worth every euro! We had enough food left over for two addtional meals! I can't wait to go back. One of my favorite memories of the entire trip.

Visited March 2012

San Antonio, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Highlight of Amalfi Coast Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I love to cook and have attended cooking classes before but this was hands down the best experience EVER and worth the price. Only thing that would ahve made it better is if the weather was nicer so we could have truly enjoyed the beautiful views from the balcony. However, Chiara has the most welcoming, bubbly personality that not even the endless cold rain could dampen this experience. You don't even need to be a cook to appreciate this experience - as long as you love great food, wine and meeting wonderful people you will love this class. You are told don't eat - and do follow the advice. Upon arrival you are welcomed with the best lemon cake I have ever tasted and Italian coffee. Then the class begins. Throughout you sample different items, drink wine and learn to make some great meals. Afterwards you sit down and enjoy the great food and of course another slice of lemon cake and their own limoncello. I will definitely go back someday just to relive the experience. Until then I have already tried some fo the recipes at home and just as promised you can do it yourself. Chiara - I am loving the cookbook - hands down the best book in my extensive collection. Thanks for a most memorable day and for welcoming my family when they came to pick me up.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank MilitaryDr
San Francisco, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Mamma Agata's is simply AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Chiara, Gennaro and of course Mamma could not have been more welcoming on a chilly, stormy day in April. We had been looking forward to Mamma Agata's cooking class for months. While the weather did not cooperate for us, Chiara and her family went out of their way to make sure we were warm and of course well fed! The class is so fun and our host/hostesses are the most wonderful people you'll ever meet. We hope to keep the cozy feeling of lemon cake, eggplant parmagiano (the BEST we've ever had!), roasted chicken, sausage and peppers, farmers pasta and so many other dishes in our hearts (and tummys!) with Mamma Agata's cookbook written with love by Chiara and her family. A visit to Mamma Agata's website is a must to get the cookbook, pasta and other treats.

I cannot recommend this class enough! Chiara and her family welcomed a young couple with a small baby during our class as they mistakenly heard that Mamma Agata's was a restaurant (its a cooking/wine school only). They were given a warm place to stay (and offered refreshments) until the rain let up. So kind....

My friends and I will be back as quickly as we can. This is a MUST for all foodies everywhere! Molto grazie Chiara, Mamma, Gennaro and family! Please come to California to visit soon! xoxo

2 Thank ShelleySF
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“This really makes the 'Italian experience'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

What a wonderful adventure in the kitchen of mama Agata! Chiara brings true life to the day and her husband is a delight. Chiara & Mama are the blend of a fun team with Chiara doing much of the teaching & Mama interjecting in Italian (she definitely understands a bit of English ;) ) as she sees fit. There is plenty of tasting, a bit of cooking & lots of wine around the kitchen. We had such a great day with the family..thank you for your hospitality and joyous spirit!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank jjwc
Lahti, Finland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Me and my wife spent a wonderful day with Mamma Agata and Chiara. Of course one should not expect too much of the cooking class which lasts only a few hours. Most of the tips are well known to anyone who takes cooking seriously. So it is more an experience and fun and as such worthwhile. Wether is is worth 200 euros is for everyone to judge. We felt it was. And beside Mamma Agata that is even more thanks to her wonderful daughter Chiara who is just an amazing person, who immediately makes you feel you have been good friends for ever.

Visited October 2011