“Mamma Agata's Cooking Class is a MUST!”

Mamma Agata - Cooking Class
Ranked #1 of 4 Food & Drink in Ravello
Detroit, Michigan
“Mamma Agata's Cooking Class is a MUST!”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We just returned from a fantastic trip to the Amali Coast and the highlight was spending the day with Mamma Agata, her daughter Chiara, and Chiara's husband Gennero! We arrived in Ravello at 10:30 AM and were greeted with smiles and enthusiasm that lasted until the moment we left at 4:30 full of wonderful food, new tips that we can use at home, and memories to last a lifetime! Their home sits on the mountain overlooking their terraced garden that holds lemon and olive trees, and every vegetable imaginable, with vistas of the sea and charming hilltop villas. it is a picture postcard and a piece of heaven! Ten of us began and ended our day with the most delicious. moist lemon cake we have ever tasted and in between we learned how to make sauces to be used in pasta dishes, scrumptious eggplant recipes, chicken with herb infused wine, and so much more. The whole day was fun, informative, and so delicious! Mamma has an outstanding cookbook with recipes and tips that make Italian cooking simple for the everyday cook! It is available on their website! Gennero is a sommelier and his wine was the perfect addition to our meal! We haven't stopped talking about our day and highly recommend it! We were thrilled to be able to order some of their homemade olive oil, homemade pasta, and a special spicy sauce that gives everything a kick! if you love to cook. or just love food and great company, spend the day with this family!
Joni and Neil

Visited June 2012

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mamma Agata Cooking Class is the BEST!!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Oh my goodness! I don't even know where to begin. This cooking class was the highlight of our trip on the Amalfi Coast. Chiara and her family are just AMAZING. I wanted to stay there forever and just learn from Mamma Agata every day! :) They made us feel like we're a part of their family. We loved every minute of it!

I love their garden, the home-made limoncello and the wine! THE FOOD... is to die for. The view from their house is just gorgeous. We're definitely going back! It's worth every penny.

I also bought Mamma Agata's cookbook and have made a few of her recipes at home. Sooooo delish!

Visited May 2012
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Day of our Holiday (by miles)”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

How do you best describe the Mamma Agata experience, that's a tough one. Simply it was a delightful day. We were made to feel so welcome from the moment we arrived. This was the first time in 12 years that my wife and I were able to go away on our own and if I'm really honest, a cooking school was something I felt like I should do rather than really wanted to do. How wrong can a man be! It was a fantastic experience. Chiara is the most delightful, bubbly character you will ever meet. Don't miss this opportunity, it is a fab day!!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank John S
nyc
“Best Day Ever!”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Having a great time in the Amalfi Coast is easy to do, however, Mama Agata exceeds all expectations! Chiara and her mother (Mama Agata) reside in a goregous place in Ravello and open their doors and hearts to you for the entire day. The recipes are skillful and the food is delicious. The atmosphere of lemon groves, gardens, vineyards and the sea tranport you, while you are enjoying amazing food and wine. The entire day felt magical to us and Chiara makes you feel part of the family. Truly a spectacular experience and worth every euro! We had enough food left over for two addtional meals! I can't wait to go back. One of my favorite memories of the entire trip.

Visited March 2012
San Antonio, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Highlight of Amalfi Coast Vacation”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I love to cook and have attended cooking classes before but this was hands down the best experience EVER and worth the price. Only thing that would ahve made it better is if the weather was nicer so we could have truly enjoyed the beautiful views from the balcony. However, Chiara has the most welcoming, bubbly personality that not even the endless cold rain could dampen this experience. You don't even need to be a cook to appreciate this experience - as long as you love great food, wine and meeting wonderful people you will love this class. You are told don't eat - and do follow the advice. Upon arrival you are welcomed with the best lemon cake I have ever tasted and Italian coffee. Then the class begins. Throughout you sample different items, drink wine and learn to make some great meals. Afterwards you sit down and enjoy the great food and of course another slice of lemon cake and their own limoncello. I will definitely go back someday just to relive the experience. Until then I have already tried some fo the recipes at home and just as promised you can do it yourself. Chiara - I am loving the cookbook - hands down the best book in my extensive collection. Thanks for a most memorable day and for welcoming my family when they came to pick me up.

Visited April 2012