“Fabulous friendly hotel”

Hotel Select Suites & Spa
Ranked #15 of 291 Hotels in Riccione
Reviewed 17 May 2016

Stayed here for a two night break - the rooms are comfortable, the staff are really friendly and helpful and the spa is really relaxing. There is a little pool where you can relax on sun beds and an outside seating area. This hotel is rally close to the beach and is surrounded by lush, green trees. It's the perfect retreat and within walking distance of the train station. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Go for the Comfort room option or one of the luxe suites
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennie F

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Very good hotel but they need to be clear that the spa isn't inclusive. They charge 29 euro for access to the spa which doesn't include any actual treatments(sauna access) however the heated outdoor pool and jacuzzi are free of charge. Would still recommend, stones throw from the beach and local markets. Great area, overall a great hotel!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amii-jade
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Had a totally amazing experience at this suite.
It was immaculate and so on point. It was so relaxing and a beautiful place to be in.
The staff there really go out their way I like to mention valentina who was very understanding and always went out her way to make us get what we needed.
Also Giampiero was very sweet as we had to leave at 2am he packed us pastries and croissants for our journey and coffee on the house. A very kind gesture. Excellent customer service and if I was to go back to the area I would 100% Be booking with Select Hotel.

The spa services are also amazing. It's so relaxing and calm you become in a different zone another world.

I went for only a 2day break and I totally feel rejuvenated and fresh just by being in that suite and having the beach right opposite was a major plus point.

Thank you to all select staff.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Noreen S
Reviewed 21 February 2016

The bottom line is: I would recommend this hotel as it is a nice one!

The pros:
This hotel is very nice. It's modern, clean and well presented. We booked a comfort double room, which is larger than the standard one with sea view. Two nice balconies. A large enough bathroom with a very nice shower. The sofa-bed though was definitely too large and the room would have been much more comfortable without it. They knew were coming with a baby so they put a crib in the room, which I thought was a nice touch.

Check-in was quick and friendly. Check-out also.

The staff was excellent and super-friendly. All apart one (see below).

Breakfast was also very rich and tasty, with the usual sweet and savory plus freshly squeezed orange juice.

My partner got a massage and used the spa and she was well pleased with it.

The location is perfect. Though not right on the beach, it’s just one block away and with excellent sea views.

The cons:
Whilst the staff was absolutely excellent, kind and professional, this one lady member of staff (Federica I believe she was called) was extremely rude and very, very impolite to us throughout our entire stay and in more than one occasion. She even wanted to charge us for parking though we had parking included in our booking and when I told her that we had simply parked the car exactly where we had been told by her colleague the night before, she treated me as if I were trying to play a fast one on her!!!!. She was truly the opposite of the kind of friendly and welcoming feel that the hotel owners have obviously worked so hard to achieve.

We were told that since we booked through Expedia, we would not be able to access the same discounted SPA packages as their regular guests. I always hate it when that happens because I believe hotels should state their such policy clearly on these hotel booking sites.

Last, though they state on their website and reservation mail that pets are allowed, they wouldn’t let us bring our small dog in the breakfast area. Though I fully accept that other guests may not like having a pet around them while they eat, the hotel should better specify their policy beforehand. Besides, I will never understand why hotels don’t split the restaurant area in two sections: one for pet owners and one for regular guests. This hotel also had the space to do it. In fact, the very last day, one of the super-kind guests simply invited us to use the adjoined bar area for breakfast and it worked perfectly.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Zibbu
Reviewed 14 February 2016

What a wonderful time we had staying a day and night in the lovely Hotel and Spa.The hotel very clean.Staff we very friendly,Resturant there was such a choice all top quality food.Lovely rooms,We will make this a regular destination.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnnetteJ121
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Been here recently for a short break - the hotel itself is nice and new, staff professional and helpful. We spent the afternoon in the SPA, which although isn't very big, is very well presented. We also decided to have a massage - I had the Thai one, and it's been one of the best I've ever had. I was expecting a bigger and nicer bedroom, but at the end of the day it was alright for us. Breakfast was exceptional, rich buffet, savoury and sweet, I would have eaten everything. All in all, I would recommend it.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chiara C
Reviewed 24 September 2015

From the moment you arrive to the moment you are waving goodbye you feel at home. The staff from the front desk to the housekeeper always had a smile on their face and ready to help you. The breakfasts were very good from pastries to fresh eggs and bacon. I only ate dinner a few times and it was delicious, served buffet style. The amenities were good, free use of a bike, WIFI (all over even at sea) pool, spa and of course the sea which is only about 65 steps away. Hotel Select was so good I decided to stay one more day! Perfect for families, couples and solo travelers like myself.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo