Hotel Website
StayForLong
Hurb
Trip.com
All reviews map room lake garda fantastic hotel large balcony busy road breakfast was amazing views of the mountains lovely room centre of town few minutes walk great holiday riva bikes cycle lakeside balconies
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2020

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days during our summer vacation in Italy. I choose it mainly because of location and very good ratings on Google maps but now I honestly don't understand the high ratings this place has. It feels like a budget hotel, it's a bit outdated and the services offered are quite basic.
- we stayed in Map Room Plus. Although the room interior was nice, the room was much smaller than appeared from the photos, and the bathroom was especially small. It was impossible to comfortably take a shower without hitting something constantly. The balcony was huge but it wasn't very pleasant as the whole construction is made of metal and there are quite some damages both on the balcony and in the room. It also felt like the walls were made of cardboard - I could hear everything outside and noises from other rooms. The room didn't have a proper closet and the storage space in general was insufficient. Fridge in the room was very tiny.
- breakfast buffet was ok but nothing special. I expected more based the how elaborate the presentation of the restaurant was on the hotel website. We were also told on arrival that a la carte restaurant is not open for dinner. We could only have buffet dinner which we decided was quite overpriced at 25 euro per person. You can eat a better dinner including drinks for that price in Riva del Garda.
- cleanliness wasn't the strongest point of this hotel. On our arrival I noticed that the room wasn't super clean, e.g. I found some hairs in the bathtub.
- the outdoor pool is ok and has some space around it with sunbeds that seemed enough given that the hotel was almost at full capacity. There is no pool bar or jacuzzi available.
- the hotel website informed us that we’ll have a private parking spot at the hotel but it’s simply a lie. One time we couldn’t find a single spot left and when we asked two members of the staff what we should do they just said ‘i don’t know’. This is unacceptable and shows how bad the service at this hotel is. In general no one cared about the customers.
Overall I'd say the hotel wouldn’t be terrible but for this price I expected much more. Also since we stayed in one of the better and bigger rooms, I'm wondering how small and uncomfortable the other ones must be.
I updated my review after a cavalier response from the hotel. The response not only didn't address any of my specific comments in the thorough opinion I provided, but even criticized my review. To say that customer is wrong about their assessment of the quality of the service is extremely arrogant, so I decided do update my rating to 1*.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2020 via mobile

Location: 10 minutes to walk from historic city center
Rooms: Very clean (even the TV remote control was sanitized) comfortable beds and a small fridge.
Service: Cookies, greeting cards, or other surprises from the room maids. Nice pool and bar, free bicycles with child seats, free parking lots, and a rich breakfast.
What else do you want? We would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Claudito-Basel
Stella Bertolini, Proprietario at Hotel Luise, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2020

Ohh thank you!! Hope to see you really soon :)

Reviewed August 18, 2020 via mobile

We are so glad we booked this hotel again this year after a great stay last year.
The hotel takes COVID-19 precautions very seriously and we felt very safe at all times.
The breakfast was brilliant. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful with any queries we had.
I would return to this hotel for another stay tomorrow if I could.
We enjoyed lazy days by the pool, lunch at the Veranda by the pool and fabulous cocktails and drinks in the evening before heading into Riva for dinner.
Thank you Hotel Luise , we will visit you again !

Trip type: Travelled with family

We were so happy to see you again :) Especially this year, in this particular situation, it's always great for us to see familiar faces again :) So thank you again, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2020 via mobile

An incredible hotel in a great position between the lake and the center of Riva del Garda. A very professional reception area, high quality restaurant with great staff who makes you feel at home (even better than home!).A never-ending-choice breakfast. Great pool area, well curated park, and many relaxing areas make this hotel unique. A very present and smiling director (Stella, a star like her name) who puts the client at the center. Extremely clean with different styles rooms satisfy all your needs. We will come back soon to the beautiful Hotel Luise.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Oh wow wow wow, thank you so much!
We already miss you & hope to see you reeeeally soon again :)
Hugs from Stella & all of us,

Reviewed July 8, 2020 via mobile

We spent three nights in this lovely family run hotel. A short walk into town alongside a lakeside track, you arrive in the lovely Italian resort of Riva. There is a fabulous breakfast with homemade surprises every day with attentive staff throughout. It only takes them once to know your coffee preference in the morning and from there on in, its served to you without even ordering. The hotel also has bikes for you to take out. It’s worth taking a ride over to the neighboring windsurfing resort of Torbole.
We benefitted from the fact that the resort and hotel were quiet due to the current situation. What’s very apparent and reassuring is the measures that the hotel and resort have put in place to welcome tourists back. We were apprehensive about travelling but we were put at ease by the welcoming Italians. Don’t miss out! Thank you to the staff of Hotel Luise for a great stay.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you! We're so happy to know you've had a relaxing time despite everything,
and we hope to see you soon :)