All reviews scotch bar ski shop magic carpet perfect location ski hire shop next door ski holiday half board evening meal clotes lift end of the day family run boot room tea and coffee pasta excellent hotel fresh fruit
Reviewed April 3, 2018

We travelled with family for a weeks skiing staying at Hotel Stella Alpina on 18th March 2018, everything from start to finish was perfect. Caroline and her staff made us all very welcome. You cannot find any fault at all with anything in her hotel. The ambience is lovely very homely. The rooms are tastefully decorated and clean with nice hot showers and comfy beds, my room was lovely and overlooking the piste with a balcony. The breakfast has plenty of choice and a perfect start for a days skiing. The evening meals are very tasty, varied and plentiful with 4 courses. My husband and I have skied for 30 years and this hotel is one of the best we have stayed where the staff really care about the guests. The hotels scotch bar is a great place for a drink, chat and again a great relaxing atmosphere. Stella Alpina has their own ski hire shop right next door and how perfect is this instead of carrying all your gear up the road, all my family were kitted out with great ski equipment. The hotel is right next to the magic carpet lift which takes you up the mountain. What more can I say just perfect in every way. Thank you Caroline and all your staff for making our stay very memorable and enjoyable, we had a fantastic week from all the Sharples family.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 440elaine
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Just returned from possibly the best holiday ever! Caroline and the team at Stella Alpina made my first ski holiday perfect!!
From day one Caroline was more than helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
The hotel is perfect for location to lifts/slopes plus Caroline will always look after you whether it’s your first time or a returning guest.
The hotel is lovely, food is great and on half board we ate out only on last night as we wanted to venture further and try the wonderful cuisine - however we enjoyed all of our meals at the hotel - I need to hit the gym now as I’ve packed on a few pounds from Italian cuisine over indulgence
I’ve travelled lots but this is my first time skiing and I can honestly say I would not stay anywhere else for a ski holiday.
Thank you Caroline and the Stella Alpina team for making our stay so memorable - I’ll be back next year.
Much love and thank you Caroline for being so utterly lovely and helpful x

Trip type: Travelled with family
eydallin, Owner at Hotel Stella Alpina, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review and hope to see you again next year.
Caroline

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Let me start with some of the things I read before booking at Stella Alpina. Some folks had said it was a bit basic, dated, small rooms.

I can understand these comments but do not let that put you off. It didn’t put me off and I am so glad. The rooms are fine and they are basic but clean, warm and have everything you need for a very comfy stay. Either full or mini balconies. TV and the beds I thought were really comfy. We stayed in 214 overlooking the ski in ski out start to the runs. Fantastic views. No brewing facilities in the room but you can grab a brew or snack in the hotel bar if needed.

Meals are great. All you can eat continental breakfast with plenty of tea and coffee. Evening meals start with a salad buffet followed by a choice of 2 starters 2 mains and 2 puddings. All fresh, home cooked, hearty and proper food.

They also have their own ski hire shop next door with great equipment and facilities and reasonably priced.

I will definitely go again as will the family we went with and we won’t look anywhere else it will be Stella Alpina every time for us.

Two things made this holiday. The location of Alpina in resort but more than that our host Caroline and all of the staff. Very friendly and welcoming and couldn’t do enough for you. This place is the best.

If you book here you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank kenL007
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Book, you won’t be disappointed. We had a great week staying here. We stayed in the annex over the road and it’s the biggest room we have ever had on our 20 years plus’s of ski holidays.
Carline does an amazing job and always seems to be in the hotel no matter what time of day we went into the bar.
Great choice of food for brekki and evening meal. if you don’t like the choices for evening meal the chef was more than happy to whisk up
Something else for you.
Great service with arranging private pick up and drop off to the airport.
Will definitely be returning to this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Slapjojo
Reviewed March 4, 2018

We visited Stella alpina Feb half term 2018. I booked direct with the owner Caroline who was very accommodating. She arranged our taxi and we were able to book our lift passes and ski hire when we arrived at the hotel ski shop at a competitive price. the hotel is a good quality 3 star with comfortable beds large wardrobes and nicely decorated clean rooms. I have skied for many years and the accommodation was far superior to what I have experienced in apartments and hotels in France. Staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. We chose half board for ease of convenience. The food was good quality and plentiful. The hotel is right on the doorstep of the slopes and you couldn't ask for more convenient skiing. The bar was warm and cosy but more accommodated to families and middle aged couples not really for,the young set. Ski shop staff (linked to hotel) were the best I have experienced nothing was too much trouble a big thank you to them. Ski/boot room underneath really useful. All in all a great ski holiday, mixed weather with sun and snow, resort more suited to early intermediates and not beginners in my view. Sauze is a nice friendly town with plenty of bars and a good selection of restaurants ( no longer full of larger louts as I have previously read) slope side restaurants reasonably priced with plenty of pasta and pizza as you would expect. Would be happy to return in the future.

Date of stay: February 2018