See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

We stay at this hotel everytime we come to san benedetto. Location is great thr pool area is fantastic and relaxing. The facilities for kids are great with a playground minigf soccer game trampoline and s small ball pit also table tennis. Staff were friendly. A couple of things though breakfast is average the rooms arr very plain but good enuff slso water pressure in shower was very low. Overall a fairly good hotrl for famalies and one of a fee that have a pool

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2016

We had a one night stay here on our way down the coast. The facilities were adequate but the whole hotel looks very dated. Our room was tired and needed a programme of updating. The shower was very basic and old fashioned.
The staff on reception were all very friendly and helpful.
We were woken in the night by a crying baby and someone snoring so some insulation or sound proofing would be good!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had reserved a room on 5th floor with a view and upon arriving at the hotel I was told that it was not available! Prior to booking with Hotel Marconi I had spoken MANY times to the owner who reassured me verbally and in writing that there would be absolutely NO PROBLEM! Well guess what, there was! Not only did I not get the sea view room but upon arrival in the room that I was given the air conditioner did not work!! Since we arrived at around 2h30 lunch was over but we were given some left over pasta with a glass of wine each! The owner charged me $35 euros for this! I told the daughter who was at the reception that I spent more than that in phone calls to her father but I paid the $35 and left. The hotel itself was very ordinary and definitely not recommended! Instead we stayed at Hotel Bahia where I will type in my review shortly but in one word EXCELLENT!!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne S
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Hotel Marconi is a pleasant, quiet hotel, with a sea view, just one street away from the sea (about 50-100 m). The owner is a super pleasant and helpful man - whatever we needed he was there to help (if you ever read about the famous Italian openness, hospitality and friendliness, and just like me you never experienced it, Giampaolo Marconi is the man who has it all).

The place is not so big, clean, and the rooms are very comfy - all equipped with Tv sets and bathrooms. The food was perfect - I stayed there for a week, and everyday different food was served in such amounts, I had to go jogging everytime afterwards :)

I stayed there with my family: my wife, and two daughters aged 7 and 1,5. We lived on the third floor, and babywagon was no problem thanks to the elevator. I usually travel with a babybed for my younger daughter, as I don't trust the cribbs in the hotels (they're usually dirty). This time our room was already equipped with it, and it was very clean.

The hotel is situated about 100m away from the sea, but still has a view on it (it's one street away from the sea). I would consider it a plus though, as the distance is very small (takes less than a minute to get to the seaside) and thanks to it, it's more quiet than hotels directly over the sea.

Tha staff in the hotel is awesome. I never asked but it looks like all people working there were close relatives, or at least very good friends. The staff is young and helpful, and always smiling.

If I ever get back to this part of the world, Hotel Marconi will be the first choice. It has nothing to do with big chain hotels, and that makes it special. The hotel, as I heard, has been a family business for a couple of decades (the name of the owner is the same as hotel's name). If the owner works there himself instead of hiring people only, it means, he cares about his business.

I fullly recommend this place. Hope you enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MarekMiller
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

spent school holiday week at hotel marconi just myself and my 9 year old son.
hotel situation fantastic - front row to beach. got dumped by shuttle bus driver in street and couldn't see hotel so walked in wrong direction then asked and turned back again! customer service from shuttle company was very poor - resort hoppa.
got to hotel. looked lovely. the Spanish woman at reception ignored us totally for 10 mins whilst she spoke on phone. then when she came off she had a face like thunder and wasn't welcoming in the slightest. we eventually got to our room and I was so disappointed as I had booked a standard sea view room with onthebeach and we did get a sea view but a partial side sea view! I immediately went back to reception to see if I could get a swap but to no avail. she said they were fully booked. not sure I believed her. however chin up! the room was fine. very clean and the balcony was massive even if it didn't get any sun.
never ate in hotel. the woman always seemed to be a bit of a crab! lots of Spanish pensioners in hotel but they were lovely. waiters very friendly too and they loved my son. benidorm itself was amazing but am glad went to the older Spanish part. the beach was beautiful and had goal posts on it so my son was quite happy. pool on roof was absolutely freezing but so was the sea- just the time of the year I guess. I didn't think benidorm was too expensive - on par with us.
will I go back? definitely. to the hotel Marconi? only If I was guaranteed a sea view room ( I would even be prepared to put up with that woman!)

• Stayed: October 2012