“Wonderful food, bravo!”

Price range: US$26 - US$88
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2015

Visited last night, and although the weather was cool and we sat outside, the welcome was very warm. We ate the most excellent meal, starters of zucchini flowers stuffed with cheese and a salad with anchovies. The chef came to serve freshly grated truffle and olive oil from Manciano which he described as the best in Italy. Having walked through Manciano on our way to Trevi, we were hooked! We then had duck breast in orange and chestnut honey sauce and guinea fowl, both of which were a delight.
This restaurant deserves the highest praise and we wish we could return on a regular basis. Grazie mille.

1  Thank Jennifer B
lancillotto69, Proprietario at Tempio del Gusto, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2015

Dear Mrs Jennifer,

thank you so much for your kind mail, and for your visit.
All the staff and me would thank you and we look forward to your next visit.
I woul' d use this small space to say tahnk you to all your strangers guests.
Sincerely.
Eros Patrizi

Write a ReviewReviews (2,326)

Reviewed September 6, 2015 via mobile

This is a fabulous restaurant. Everything was really good, but more than that, everything we ate was really interesting. Every course had some surprises in it, and all of them were fabulous. I had a risotto dish that was advertised as having scallops in it, but not only did it had scallops, it also had a crayfish and shaved truffles. They even have a very interesting artisanal beer list, really unusual for this kind of restaurant. The service was good, although a little slow in the beginning, but after dinner the chef came out and chatted with us (and everyone else who was still there...we learned that this was a bad year for truffles). We ate outside, which was very nice. I went into the interior of the restaurant, and it seemed pretty warm...another reviewer said that there was no AC, and I suspect that is right. Eating outside on a reasonably warm night in September was a good choice. We are not big eaters, so had two starters each instead of a starter and a main course, and we had plenty of food. For that plus a liter of artisanal beer, 3 glasses of wine, 2 bottles of mineral water and an expresso, our bill came to €65. The value to money ratio for this meal was hard to beat. We have 2 more days in Spoleto and will be back for dinner on one of them.

Reviewed September 2, 2015

We stopped here for my wife's bday and were not disappointed. Not only was teh food very good but the chef came out with a homemade birthday cake creation.

We sampled the smoked tiramisu which id avoid again though!!

Reviewed September 1, 2015

I came here expecting to have the best meal of my time in Spoleto and was not disappointed. I had the seafood set menu and essentially got five courses, two glasses of wine, coffee and a litre bottle of sparkling water for 35 euros. There was fresh baked warm bread and a compile tart amuse bouche. I was so full afterwards! The food was presented beautifully and I really enjoyed everything except the sesame crusted tuna which was too salty and seemed to have been cured as well as seared? When I compare it to the meal that I had at Cantini de' Corvi last night, there was no contest. Tampio al Gusto easily surpassed de' Corvi in value, presentation and gastronomic pleasure. In fact de' Corvi was rather meh.

Like one reviewer said, it gets quite warm on a hot day, without air conditioning. Thankfully it was not the height of summer.

Reviewed September 1, 2015

Choosing the Umbrian menu I got a good variety of delicious tastes from the region. Portions are not large here, but food is excellent and dishes are many so with the support of grissini and a good wine I was extremely satisfied in the end. My wife trying the Fish menu was equally as satisfied. A super evening although the atmosphere was not so intimate for a newly wed couple.