“Very nice”

Hotel Au Soleil
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Saint-Vincent
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel and stuff
Clean and quite rooms, great and clean bathroom
Very close to the center of St. Vincent (not that any thing is far in here :) )
Only problem I saw, if you want parking, you will need to pay, and the parking is a bit far from the hotel, or to find parking your self.
Over all, very recommended to all

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 April 2016

We were 6 of us and upon arrival we were greeted with a welcome drink. The rooms were clean and the linen as white as sheet. We were on B & B basis and all I can say is that breakfast was very good. I surely recommend this hotel. my points is 10 out of 10.

Room Tip: As far as I know all rooms enjoy a mountain view.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

For the second year in a row my family returned to this hotel. We truly love St. Vincent and this hotel was perfect for our family ski vacation. We rented a larger family room that was great for spending a few evenings sitting at the table playing games and relaxing. It's about an hours drive up to a ski area and the surrounding town is very nice. We also ate a few nights in the hotel restaurant which is very good. The casino is also right next door for some entertainment
Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
carlo m, Responsabile reception at Hotel Au Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Good Morning dear Matthew,
thank you very much for your review!
I wish you a good day,

Cristina

Reviewed 4 January 2016

Nice, helpful , welcoming staff , room quite old-furnished, but spacious and clean.
Nice sauna and Jacuzzi, great after all day skiing.
Breakfast was more than normally expected from 3 star Italian hotels: lots of cakes, hot food ( sausages, eggs ets) also there was a lot of organic, local products offered, such as biscuits, jams, chestnuts and bread, even soya yogurt was available ( which was great for me as I am allergic to milk).
Saint Vincent is a lovely, small,well-maintained town, with Casino, Traditional Spa Centre 'Thermes de Saint Vincent' and beautiful views of the Alps .
It is also a great base for skiing in Aosta Valley .We especially recommend skiing in Breuil-Cervinia-Zermatt and La Thuile ( near Mont Blanc Tunnel) resorts.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
carlo m, Responsabile reception at Hotel Au Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Good Morning,
thank you very much for your review.
We hope to see you again.
We wish you a nice day!
Best regards,

Cristina

Reviewed 9 September 2015

I have stayed there during the summer, few major cons:
1. the AC did not work for two days, got many excuses
2. Room outdated
3. the most important con - the room is on the ground floor, close to the elevator and reception - no way you can sleep after 7:00 due to the noise from the elevator and reception.
4. basic breakfast

Room Tip: never room 501!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
carlo m, Proprietario at Hotel Au Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Good morning and thank you for your review.
I remember that we tried to change your room, but unfortunately only at the end I could proposing you an accommodation on the top floor.
I apologize to you for the inconvenience, but sometimes, when you have special needs (such as back very late and get up as late) be important to indicate the request for a quieter room.
We have rooms of different types (and, obviously, different price)
For the air conditioning I remember that I personally taken steps to force on 24h / 24 to give more comfort and I confirm that his room has been renovated a few months before his arrival.
For breakfast I am very sorry from his judgment, reading the many comments before I am sure to offer an excellent product: only remember that unfortunately for service reasons we can not guarantee the breakfast than 11.30.
Hoping to be able to offer the possibility of a new and positive living , I send my best regards

Reviewed 7 January 2015

I booked this hotel based on price and proximity to train station. Once we got to the hotel we realized we lucked out. Each day our transfer to and from a local ski resort was free. Breakfast was the best we experienced in Italy. The one day we did not want to use the free shuttle, the hotel staff helped us to find a direct local bus to our favorite ski area. This hotel is perfect if you want to try out multiple ski areas. The hotel restaurant was also very good.

Room Tip: Some rooms have jacuzzi tubs.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I would not stay here again unless I had to.

I was in a single room, which was quite small. The room was not too clean - walls had marks/stains on them, and the room smelled bad. The bathroom was better - clean and new. A/c worked fine. Small flat-screen TV on the desk with all inputs.

Wifi was terrible - I tried both the LAN and the wireless connections and had a very tough time getting connected. The guy at reception was very helpful, but despite everything we tried I only managed to connect for several minutes at a time.

Breakfast was not great - as I recall continental with a couple of other items thrown it, mostly sugary cakes.

There is a small garden outside which could be OK when sunny.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
carlo m, Proprietario at Hotel Au Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Hello and thank you for your judgment (not for the title..).
I just want to say to you that we have painted your room and all over the floor (the other floors had just been made and unfortunately we had not yet made ​​your floor ...).
For the wifi the real problem is the connection with the provider that unfortunately in recent months is giving us a lot of problems, but I hope to resolve this soon.
When the judgment is made by those who have traveled the world like you, I can only apologize and say "I provide now!" :)
Regards, Carlo (the guy at reception)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Vincent
Parc Hotel Billia
0.5 km away
Hotel Relais Du Foyer
Hotel Relais Du Foyer
#1 of 6 in Chatillon

Been to Hotel Au Soleil? Share your experiences!