“Sulmona”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sulmona
Lancashire
“Sulmona”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Quite pleasant room though the air conditioning did not work. The staff were friendly too. However the breakfast was very ordinary, and generally there was a lack of atmosphere in this establishment. I am rather surprised about some of the outstanding reports on Trip Advosor, and though this is an adequate hotel, there is nothing exceptional about it. The Ovid Hotel is in a different league.

Room Tip: Make sure that the air conditioning is working.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pwilliamsLancashire
Rojanino, Proprietario at Hotel Rojan, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Good afternoon,
i'm sorry for the late of my answer.
We're happy to know that our hotel is an adequate hotel for the stars in your opinion but we're sorry that it wasn't enough for you.
We hope to improve our services and breakfast too if you want you can help us to let it better for our guests, thank you.
Just an information, as i told you, the air conditioning in the hotel works, in those days you spent in the hotel it was turned off just any hours during the day, because we took advantage of the changing climate, it was colder, to clean the filtres of the machine.
We hope to have you again among our guests.

Best regards
Casaccia Angela
HOTEL ROJAN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Hebrew first
tennessee
Reviewed 1 October 2011

This was our second trip to Sulmona and we never considered staying anywhere else! This is a truly unique hotel - we never feel like we are staying at a hotel, but with friends. The family that owns it are the warmest, friendliest and kindest people and have always gone above and beyond to make sure that we have a truly fantastic experience both at the hotel and in our daily activities - directions to towns, restaurant recommendations, etc. The hotel is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean, the breakfast and coffee are excellent and served with a smile by Svetlana - another welcoming and friendly face that we were very glad to see again!! I really can't say enough good things about this hotel and HIGHLY recommend it!! Hope to stay again SOON!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Our stay at Hotel Rojan made this trip such a memorable experience for my mom, sister and I. The hotel is immaculate, the breakfast offerings delicious (including Rosana's homemade pastries) and the staff- I can't say enough about the kind, warm, welcoming family that owns the hotel and the staff that work there. From helping us plan our day trips, providing directions, and recommending restaurants in Sulmona- the service was top notch- and provided with a warm smile. I hope to return to Sulmona and the Hotel Rojan will be my hotel of choice- I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Patty F
usa
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Great location - in center of Sulmona, just off the main street through town so everything in walking distance. The family owners were welcoming and one felt as one of the family. I will definitely be coming back to this gem of a hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank kmcbUsa
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 9 August 2011

What a gem.
Great town to stay and best hotel ever.
This was a fantastic find and will be back to stay.
The rooms are very quiet.
Family owned and the cleanest hotel I ever stayed in.
The owners Franko and his wife know how to make you feel your at home.
Angela and John Luca (daughter & son) were so helpful in everyway possible.
Angela speaks fantastic English and is a very special person.
This is a first class hotel and a first class family.
Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Located in the center of the old town of Sulmona, the family owned and run Hotel Rojan is charming in every way- quiet, clean, comfortable and most tastefully appointed. It has been recently renovated with beautiful marble and linens. The family staff the hotel and they could not be more welcoming or helpful. The old town is small and very well-kept. It can be easily explored on foot. We happened to be there during an opera summer camp and were delighted to happen into a free rehearsal of Cosi Fan Tutti. Other fascinating medieval towns are within a short drive. One caution - do not use the Google map to find the hotel. Many of the streets are too narrow to navigate by car. Instead Google Piazza 20 Septembre. Hotel Rojan is located immediately behind the piazza.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed at Hotel Rojan for two nights arriving Thursday, July 28, 2011. Sulmona was the last stop of a two week road trip in Italy. Sulmona is a small town, so the hotel is very easy to find. I simply had the name of the street and Angela told me to turn right at Piazza XX Settembre (where Ovid's statue is.) Upon arrival, Angela warmly welcomed us to the hotel and got us situation quickly with check in, parking etc. Knowing it was our first visit to the area, she highlighted the annual medievil joulsting festival that was taking place during our stay along with other details about the area. (We attend the festivities and loved it!) I stayed in 8 different hotels (all nice and well situated) during this trip, but Hotel Rojan stood out for several reasons. First, it's family owned and they take great proide in every detail of the hotel and customer service. They are very friendly and gracious. I felt like a guest in someone's home rather than a customer at a hotel. That's also because I engaged in coversation and was interested in getting to know locals and about life in Sulmona. The hotel is exceptionally clean. Spotless. The sheets and towels are embroidered with the hotel initials. Tea is served at breakfast in a beautiful tea set. The pizzelle cookies were homemade. I rarely eat breakfast at a hotel because I'd rather go to a local bakery or coffee shop. Hotel Rojan offered fresh fruits, pastries, breads and a variety of other tasty things. My friend and I stayed in a twin room. The size of the room was great as we mostly explored the town. The bathroom was also nice sized and the sink had plenty of space for two women to store toiletries. I highly recommend staying at this hotel. You will not be disappointed. Also a word on Sulmona. We arrived around 3 p.m. (lunch time) and it was quiet. Sulmona very quickly grew on me. As you explore, you discover warm people, historic sites, piazzas that come alive after lunch and dinner hours. Sumona has much to offer. I miss it already, and I hope to return.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulmona
0.7 km away
25.4 km away
Resort Regis
Resort Regis
#1 of 1 in Turrivalignani

Been to Hotel Rojan? Share your experiences!