All reviews private beach the bus sized pool wear a swimming cap waiter service lovely hotel mid september deck chairs local restaurants free parking sea view family room american bar the staff were friendly and helpful scrambled eggs bit dated pisa airport
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

We have just had a 4 night stay here and whilst the communal areas have been updated the rooms and outside sadly haven’t I would imagine 20 years ago this would have been the modern upto date facility that it could be again with a little TLC.

Other points are

Breakfast - this was ok for continental style

Bars - nobody dedicated during the day constantly having to request the staff (maybe this is different in peak periods) but I would still expect a 4 star hotel to manage this better

Pool - Olympic size well looked after unusually you have to wear a swimming cap if if you sit at the side and dangle your feet in ?????

Beach - this is private to the hotel but you still have to pay for sunloungers ???

Would we stay again yes we probably would as I say just needs a few minor adjustments and it could be a great hotel

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
GHC_La_Direzione, Direttore at Grand Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Dear guest, thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We are happy that he enjoyed the breakfast buffet served on an outdoor summer terrace.
The hotel has an American bar inside the hotel and a Pool bar, open respectively from 3.00 pm to 1.00 am and from 10.00 am to 7.00 pm.
Thanks for the appreciation to the Olympic swimming pool; for hygiene reasons our swimming pool regulation requires wearing the swimming cap during the bath.
Hotel guests have at their disposal a private beach equipped with 1 umbrella and 2 deckchairs for each room included in the cost, additional equipment such as sun loungers cost a small fee.
We hope to host you again with us and your comments are useful for the ever better performance of our services.

Reviewed June 8, 2018

We arrived late evening requesting a room. Not a yes but.....and there was a rom free just by a chance. No smile no hospitality plain I will callit.
Surruonings Great
Breakfast included, nothing there...no drinks, no egg, wtf is this. No smile from humans working ther. No way again...

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
GHC_La_Direzione, Direttore at Grand Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Dear Guest
we are sorry to read that in your short stay, you did not appreciate the friendliness of our staff and did not receive our usual warm welcome. The entire team of the Grand Hotel Continental is attentive to the needs of the client, we are sorry that they have failed to make them feel our hospitality to make it feel "at home".
We would like to inform you, that the breakfast buffet offers various types of bread, homemade cakes, stuffed brioches, muesli, cornflakes and puffed rice, yoghurt of various flavors, fruit in syrup, honey and jams, fresh fruit, cold cuts and cheeses, scrambled eggs, bacon, as weel as coffee and cappuccino served at the table and hot drinks by machines. We do not understand your comment of missing eggs and hot drinks. For any request the waiters and maitre are present in the breakfast room to satisfy everyone's needs.
The judgment of the guests is important for us and also your comments will be a stimulus to improve our service.

The management

Reviewed May 30, 2018

Stayed for 3 nights, room was good although shower was very small. Our window was in the corner of the roo on the first floor. We looked straight onto the roof and there was a man working out there was wasn't happy about leaving the window open, although we did have air con. Breakfast was buffet with good choices but only hot food was scrambled eggs and bacon. Tea/ coffee was from a machine and not very nice. We only ate one night in the restaurant which was ok but ate out on the other nights. Very large swimming pool and not too busy Shen we went but I can imagine a shortage of beds at the height of the season. Bikes were available free of charge and there was a small far area bug plenty of outside space. I think we were at the very beginning of the season as they seemed to be doing some renovations to the inside bar floor area. Deck chairs for use on the beach and outside snack area.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GHC_La_Direzione, Direttore at Grand Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Dear Guest
We are very sorry for your dissatisfaction. We would like to inform readers that the Hotel is a historic building of the '70s, with large and luminous rooms. The Management has implemented a restructuring and adaptation program for some years, to ensure maximum comfort for the many guests who appreciate the Grand Hotel Continental
You have been assigned the type of room booked online, for 4 nights and we have assigned you a more comfortable one with balcony.
We regret that the stay was disturbed by rude neighbors.
Following your report, our reception has been activated to offer a quiet room, but as the hotel was fully booked and to ensure your rest, the reception assigned you a room to the inner courtyard.
At the time of your unexpected departure, the receptionist presented the bill of your stay with the amount of the tourist tax. You booked online the Non-Refundable Rate, that means a cheaper quotation for an immediate payment, which does not provide refunds in case of early departures.
We are disappointed to read the dissent and subsequent negative comments in the title, despite the commitment of the reception to let you continue your holiday and to have applied the correlative regulation to the rate chosen by yourself.

We hope to welcome you again in our Hotel to let you appreciate our services as private beach, swimming pool, bikes, hoping you will change your idea.

Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

I picked this hotel as it looked nice on the pictures and as I thought that it would be a nice starting point for discovering the Italian coast further south. The hotel is really disapointing for a 4 stars hotel, and is in desperate need of refurbishement. My room was facing the car park. The room was outdated, small but clean. The shower was very small. Rooms are noisy: I was unlucky enough to have a young couple right above my room who put on music at night and were so loud that I had to ask for another room. The staff of the hotel was helpful and found another room for me, in a quiet part of the building. From that room, I had a direct view on the trash, but it did not matter to me as all what I was looking for was a peaceful night of sleep, and at that point in time I had already decided to cancel my 4 nights booking: be aware that, as indicated at the time of purchase, there is no possibility for refund. No compromise was offered by the hotel staff. Worse, when I left the hotel in the morning, the night staff handed me a bill for a 4 days stay and one additional bill for the 1 night spent in that other room facing the trash, wherease I already paid the full amount upfront. It really left me with a very bad impression of this hotel. I think that this hotel can be good for a 1 night stay, as conveniently located near to the airport and clean. I will personaly never go back again. Aside of this, I had a great stay in Italy, what a fabulous country :)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Anne-Helene C
GHC_La_Direzione, Direttore at Grand Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Dear Madame

We are very sorry for your dissatisfaction. We would like to inform you that the Hotel is a historic building of the '70s, with large and luminous rooms. The Management has implemented a restructuring and adaptation program for some years, to ensure maximum comfort for the many guests who appreciate the Grand Hotel Continental.
In the winter just ended, the floors of the rooms and corridors, as well as the sofas in the Hall, have been renovated.
You have been assigned the type of room booked Online, for 4 nights and we assigned you a more one with balcony.
We regret that the stay was disturbed by rude neighbors; following your report, our reception has been activated to offer a quiet room, but as the Hotel was fully booked and to ensure your rest, has been assigned a room to the inner courtyard.
You booked the Non-Refundable Rate, a cheaper quotation for an immediate payment, which does not provide for refunds in case of early departures.
At the time of your early departure, the receptionist presented the bill of your stay together with the amount of the tourist tax.
We are disappointed to read the dissent in the title and subsequent negative comments, although the attempt of the reception to let you continue your holiday and to have applied the correlative regulation to the rate chosen by you.
Best regards

Reviewed May 16, 2018

I had lived in Tirrenia as a child when my Dad was stationed nearby so I was anxious to return and explore the town and area. Glad that I picked this hotel. Location was perfect and our timing was perfect - late enough for the pool and beach to be open and early enough to beat the summer crowd. Hotel is 50 years old but has been updated and is very nice. An advatage of its age is that the rooms and common areas are much bigger than hotels that are newer. We had a nice room on the 3rd floor with a northern view of the beautiful and and beach with mountains in the distance. The room was surprisingly roomy and the bed was firm but comfortable. It has been noted that a downside of ther age is that plugs needed for today's electronics were hard to come by but I was prepared and got by fine. The hotel wifi worked great and they even have wifi available on their beach in season. That brins up a point that some reviewers must have missed - this is a seasonal resort town with a lot of activity May to September and much less the rest of the year. The hotel's website makes it clear that not all amenities are available all year. If you plan for off season to avoid the criowds and save money you may have to miss out on some things. We found the breakfast buffet equal to other hotel swe have stayed at with a nice varietey of options. The staff were friendly and helpful and I would be glad to go back.

Stayed: May 2018

Dear Sir
we thank you for your visit and your positive comments to our Hotel.
We appreciate your detailed description of the hotel with its services and we thank you for your compliments to the kindness of the staff.
Hoping to welcome you again, but do not wait so many years to come back!
The management