See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night only and had booked 2 rooms. One for the kids and one for us. At the check-in we were given two adjoining rooms with a balcony and view on the garden and swimming pool. Unfortunately that night there was a San Lorenzo party going on and at 1 AM I went downstairs to tell the receptionist we were having a hard time trying to sleep. He immediately went into the garden and a bit later the music volume went down. My wife and family had no longer any trouble sleeping, but I still heard the people talking. I went downstairs again and watched some TV together with the receptionist. The poor guy had a terrible headache and he too suffered from the noise. Anyhow, a bit later the party was over and I was able to fall asleep. By the next morning management already had decided to give me a really nice discount and apologized a million times. I didn't have to complain, everything was already anticipated and we had some extra budget for the next day. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

Stayed many times at this hotel over the years. It's I a very nice location, lovely views from the please gardens. Plenty of places to sit in the shade and enjoy a drink. It has a very nice pool area to. It retains its family run feel and is an ideal base to stay and enjoy the lovely village of Todi and the beautiful surroundings area. Wish I was there now.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2016

I came at Villa Luisa in this very nice region of Umbria but I was so disappointed.
The hotel is not far from the city center which is good but it looks so old fashioned and smells the "old" in the corridors.
Room is clean but interior design completely out dated. Same for the bathroom. Bad smell also in the room, I do not know which household product they use here.
Private balcony but no real intimacy.
Limited choice at the breakfast, I think I had my worst coffee of all my holidays in the hotel (Soluble Nestle machine...).
The pool looked nice. Free Wifi.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
catia c, Direttore at Villa Luisa, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2016

Dear Mr Sean M,
We thank you for your feedback.
I'm sorry that you was so disappointed.
The rooms with balcony were renovated on 2007 and I don't think that are so old fashioned. On line we offer the possibility to look a lot of pictures about rooms, bathrooms, lobby, bar, restaurant, garden, terrace, swimming pool.
We want to show our hotel by complete and real pictures.
The rooms on the second floor (without balcony) were renovated on 2012 and the groundfloor rooms on 2016.
You didn't inform the reception staff about the bad smell so we have not able to solve the problem. We are available to change room when the guest has a problem.
The cleanliness is very careful as many other guest have appreciated. We use just first quality ecological household product.

The rooms with balconies offers adjacent balconies with a high 2.5 meters separator.
The size balconies is minimum 3/4 mq, with a small table and two chairs.
What do you need for a real intimacy?

I'm sorry you didn't like our continental breakfast buffet with Hot & Cold Drinks
(Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Cappuccino, Americano, Hot Milk, Cold Milk
Orange Juice – Tropical Juice, Mineral water) and as food:
Cereals - Yoghurt - Fresh fruit in season – Fruit in syrup - Butter – Jam – Honey
Brown and White Bread - Biscuits – Croissants - Home made cakes
Cold cuts - Cheese - Cream cheese.
On request we offer gluten free food and soya milk.
On request we are happy to prepare espresso!
We offer our guests a spacious breakfast room which leads onto our beautiful terrace with the breathtaking view of the valley below where, during the appropriate season, one can have a morning breakfast admiring the far away hills.

Thank you for your positive words about pool and free wifi, that is available in each area of hotel, including terrace and pool.

Regards,

Catia Castrichini

Reviewed April 28, 2016

Luisa and her daughter are magnificent hosts and very helpful. We were a family of 7 and truly enjoyed every moment of our stay. The Villa is immaculate and well equipped. Luisa and Anna arranged for our boat trip to Capri and recommended some excellent restaurants. I am only sorry that we didn't have more than 3 days to enjoy their hospitality. Great Value! We will be back again!

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank S3895MJcarol
Reviewed January 19, 2016

a lovely family run hotel, immaculately clean, good location, good size rooms, nice people, fantastic views and good value. free wifi, nice swimming pool and terrace, would be really special in the summer. very close to Todi old town, looking forward to returning.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank guy b
catia c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Villa Luisa, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

Dear guy b,
thank you very much for your fantastic review. It was a pleasure for us to have you as a guest. You're right: the garden with swimming pool and terrace are really special in the summer.
See you soon again in Todi!