“Caffè e Gelato”
Review of Gran Caffe

Gran Caffe
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Todi
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This little corner caffe on the Piazza del Popolo was a regular place for us to enjoy a good coffee, and occasionally an ice cream, whilst on several visits to Todi. It was much better ice cream compared to the ice cream on sale at the shop recommended by the Tourist Information Office.

It was an ideal place to view the Piazza and people watch, and we found the service reasonably good and the it wasn’t expensive.

I have to say in reading some of the reviews I was sure I had the wrong place but on checking I’m sure it is the right place. All I can say is we found the service good and one must perhaps believe that the owners and staff are reacting well to criticism.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Located in a great area at the top of Todi.After a strenuous climb to the top we were looking forward to our drinks Service was slow as only one person on duty Eventually a lady assistant arrived.Noticed when we came back to climb the stirs to the bottom the restaurant was empty.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

As we watched one of the most almighty storms hit Todi this was the ideal spot to sample their wonderful coffee, ice creams and pastries. This was our second visit and on both occasions we found the service, drinks and food to be excellent

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

This was our worst experience in Italy. Service was gruff and indifferent. My daughter’s granita was ground ice with a squirt of syrup. Pastry fillings were overly sweet and drying with lack of freshness. My son’s apple strudel was thick pastry with a thin layer of moisture inside pretending to be apple filling.
Do yourself a favour and pass on this one.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Don’t know why this place has so many bad reviews me and my partner stopped for gelato today which was delicious and cheap €2 each! Maybe I got lucky I don’t know all I do know is it was good and cheap!

Date of visit: June 2018