All reviews race course buffet food outside seating air condition fitness room rooms are big during summer underground parking pleasant stay business trip excellent hotel atahotel balcony wifi hippodrome racecourse systems
Reviewed June 18, 2018

This hotel is on the outskirts of Varese and about 25 minute walk to the town centre where there are several good bars and restaurants. There are a couple of other restaurants about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Varese has good road access to the Lakes if driving. The staff were mainly helpful but we made a complaint about one of the bar staff who was unhelpful and rude. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool which did not open during our week long stay due to maintenance. The pool is very out in the open and requires some screening from the rest of the hotel. There is a good gym but the air condition was not in use. The outside seating areas are not very pleasant in comparison to the décor inside the hotel. The rooms are large with a balcony. Buffet breakfast was good.

This hotel is mainly for people on business and is satisfactory for this purpose but requires a lot more customer service improvements to accomodate tourists.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
GMVarese, Direttore at UNAHOTELS Varese, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments. This will help us to monitor the quality of our services.
We have taken good note that you pointed out some elements that you did not feel were up to our standards. Your comment has given us the opportunity to continue to improve our services in order to make sure that your expectations are fully satisfied next time you will choose to stay with us.

The Management
Atahotels Varese

Reviewed June 7, 2018

Our flight from Milan Malpensa was cancelled, so our airline set us up, very last-minute, at AtaHotel Varese and we arrived at 2am.

Upon arrival, the staff at the front desk were absolutely wonderful. They greeted us kindly, set us up with the room key and information that we needed, and told us that they would put further airline information on the front desk for us to read in the morning.

In the morning, they helped us to arrange a shuttle to the airport, and phoned our room to make sure that we understood it all. They really were very helpful.

The room was spacious, clean, and had a good sized bath. Sitting out on the balcony was great.

Would highly recommend this hotel if staying for a short period of time. The buffet food wasn't great, so I wouldn't want to stay too long, but the staff made up for the short-comings of the chef.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
GMVarese, Direttore at UNAHOTELS Varese, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2018

Dear Grace J,

We really appreciated you taking a moment to share your very kind words about your recent experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that you did enjoy especially the comfort of our cleaned rooms and our helpful team.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of your company soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

We spent a night in this hotel as part of Thomas cook tour. Room is big with balcony and chairs in sit out. Wash room is clean. It's a big property. Lobby and restaurant area is also maintained very well.

Only one complaint I have is either they should have provided kettle for hot water or a dispenser in the lobby. Instead they charged 5 euros for kettle.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
GMVarese, Direttore at UNAHOTELS Varese, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

Dear Guest,
We are very, very happy and grateful to read your recent review posted on this website on how you appreciated our hotel.

Thank you very much as well for your suggestions: please be informed that we took seriously into consideration your precious comments in order for us to improve our services.

We truly hope to see you very soon and again here in our Hotel!

Best regards

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

I am currently staying here for 3 weeks on business. I have contacted the front desk no less than 10 times about how hot the room is and they said they will fix it and I am laying here with my door open listening to road traffic because I have no other choice. I tried to call the front desk back and they stopped answering, lol. The food is all frozen accept for a spaghetti I ordered that was so bad that decided was best not to order food again. There is no info upon check in on nearby stores, attractions, etc. Today, and this is an honest mistake I am sure, I think the cleaning person took my bottle opener because they thought it was the hotels. Not much nearby. My coworkers are staying all around the area and honestly, all their hotels are better than this one, look elsewhere. If I could move hotels, I would.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Darryl C
GMVarese, Direttore at UNAHOTELS Varese, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2018

Dear Darryl C,
thank you very much for staying with us for three weeks and for your review about your experience here in our hotel.

Needless to say that I am really, really sorry for all the inconveniences occured to you but I am truly happy because I had the possibility to meet you, to personally talk with you and apologize and to learn that now everything is ok.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or the reception staff for any further assistance you may need during your stay.

Warmest regards

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

This is a very big Hotel near the hippodrome of Varese few minutes away from the city center.
The room was big and clean with a big bathroom.
Even if this very big hotels are a little bit inpersonal there is a nice atmosphere.
Personell at the reception is kind
For breakfast you can eat almost what you want!
Nice place to stay

Stayed: November 2017
GMVarese, Direttore at UNAHOTELS Varese, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Dear Guest,
we are really grateful to read your very nice comments about your experience here in our hotel with us.

We are delighted to learn that you appreciated the kindness of our staff and our delicious breakfast.

We truly hope to welcome back again soon in the future.

Warm regards.