All reviews main road panoramic room home made cakes breakfast buffet cold meats nice hotel malpensa airport mini bar simone milan rear lake midnight bicycles mirror
Reviewed July 27, 2018

This is a three-star hotel but my experience here was a five-star. My room was quite spacious and the bed was very comfortable. A full-body mirror on the wall and a lovely wardrobe. The bathroom was very clean and the water pressure was great. They have a good selection for the breakfast buffet, and they have different choices of Grappa if you like a bit of Italian liquor. You can also find the mini-bar in the fridge in your room. And, I only found out that my room had a balcony on the check-out day...

Most importantly, the staff were pretty amazing - friendly, genuine and incredibly helpful. They sell bus tickets (N.B. you cannot buy them on directly on the buses) at the reception, which was very convenient. They also rent multi-geared bicycles if you would like to cycle around, and they have a lot of parking spaces if you are driving.

I'll definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Varese. Highly recommended!

Caveat: the reception closes at midnight so you'll have to check-in before that.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2018

Spent a couple of days at this hotel and we loved it. The people at the desk are helpful and very nice. The room was large and had a great bed, slept very good. We enjoyed everything about this place.

The hotel is within walking distance to the downtown.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2017

We hadn't intended staying in Varese, but a car accident left my wife in hospital and me in the hotel for a few nights. The hotel and rooms were spotless, characterful but with modern amenities, the bathroom was very good, beds comfortable, everything worked. I was in an attic room facing the road but the traffic certainly didn't bother me even with the balcony door open. Excellent buffet breakfast with scrambled or boiled eggs if required freshly made, not kept under a heat lamp. The staff were extremely helpful especially as I needed help to arrange getting all our stuff back to England.
As noted in other reviews, looks like excellent cycling country, I hope to go back and try it.

Room Tip: Your choice - the standard rooms are fine or you can pay a bit more for a room at the rear, away from the road.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2017

We chose this hotel as it is an easy 30-40 minute journey from malpensa airport.
We chose a panoramic room which was huge with a massive balcony with a lake glimpse.
Breakfast was fine with freshly cooked scrambled eggs.
We didn't go into the main town but the area is nothing special and didn't entice us to stay,
That said the welcome was good it was reasonably priced and had a very comfy bed.

Room Tip: Chose room at the back as it does face a busy road
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2017

I'm usually a bit skeptical with 'great reviews', but this did not disappoint us. We opted for a panoramic room, as the hotel is on a main road, and this was at the rear with a lake view. We slept with the windows open (even though there is air-con, we prefer to turn it off and enjoy the air) and we slept well. Bed was big and comfortable.

The staff could not have been more helpful with tips and planning (train to Milan only takes an hour, and costs about 6 Euro each way - depends on the service, Express/stopper, but worth doing).
Breakfast is a small but high quality buffet. Scrambled eggs, when you want, are done for you freshly, not the yellow homogenous mass that some hotels will lay on in mounds. Fresh bread, cold meats, local cheeses, fresh fruit and homemade cookies and cake.

I'm hard pressed to find a failure. As a small thing beer in the mini bar would have been nice, although I could get a dring downstairs, and a waste bin in the bedroom as well as the bathroom, but that's scraping the barrel for something.

Varese itself has a nice, small, old town, which is about 20 minutes walk away (as is the rail station). Milan if you want is easy enough by train, so no hassle on the ring road or finding parking.

Room Tip: Panoramic rooms at the back, away from the road side and a lake view
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple