US$206
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Belvedere(Verbania)
US$85
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

US$85
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$104
Hotel Santanna(Verbania)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$84
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 7, 2015 via mobile

Dormers are quite big but never too crowded. Everything is clean (especially the toilets). The location is great (an ancient building); it offers a large garden with an amazing view upon the lake. Prices amazing re very convenient!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2015

I spent two nights at the Ostello di Verbania together with my boyfriend. We had a room with an own bathroom. It was clean, but very simple. Especially the bathroom reminded me of my last school trip. But well, it was also very cheap. The lock of the room is very simple, too, so you can not leave valuables in the room when you are not there.
At the reception we were welcomed very friendly and they were always pleased to answer questions or give recommendations concerning the surrounding (restaurants, activities ...).
The location of the hostel is very good, it's a nice old house and you reach the center and the lake in 5 minutes by feed. The car can be parked on the area of the hostel. You have a great! view at the lake from the room and from the little "terrasse" where you can eat breakfast. The breakfast was not that bad, there was for example toast and croissants, yoghurt and even fresh fruits. The coffee as well as the ham and cheese were not of very high qualitiy, but drink- and eatable.
Definitely recommendable if you search for something cheap in good location and don't expect luxury! However, for a journey with my boyfriend I would next time prefer to book something more romantic ;-)

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2015

Two friends and I stayed at this hostel for one night. The room was clean, friendly staff and breakfast had good variety. But make sure you bring your towels and also slippers/flip-flops. The floor was cold and also when going to bathroom, they are quite handy. The room I stayed was co-ed and there were 8 beds. Since we were the ones arrived last, we could not pick a bed and I ended up sleeping on the bed closest to the entrance. I slept quite ok as I had ear plugs. Location was good. Walking distance to town centre and lake. Considering the price we paid, it was an ok stay.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Perfect location, for everything and everyone - 5min to the local restaurants and burs, 10min to the park, 20min to the port. Parking for free, wi-fi for free and was working really nice. Variety of the rooms, from double to 9 persons. Bathrooms were clean and big. I will not risk and leave the expensive and important thing in my room - the key was just normal wardrobe key.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This hostel is within a beautiful old house within a large plot of land on top of a hill in Verbania.

We had a private twin room booked but for some reason we were given a double room with two additional twin beds. The rooms were basic and the decor was very tired and this was the same for the entire hostel. It was all a bit dated and tired.

The woman on reception was smoking when we arrived despite the fact it was a non-smoking hotel and there was warning signs all over the place about fines we'd have to pay if we were smoking in our rooms. We asked for food suggestions and she told us to go to some restaurant 10 minutes walk away where we could get a discount as a guest at the hostel. The restaurant was actually over half an hour away and looked awful so we ended up walking all the way back to Verbania's main waterfront and eating there.

There is no wifi in the rooms and the bathrooms are for both male and female but there is no where to put your belongings so you either have to walk through the hostel in your towel or your belongings get wet.

The breakfast in the morning was disgusting. When we stayed there was maybe about 10 people maximum there but they put out a continental breakfast that could feed 100. I don't even want to know how long they keep their food for....

This property has the potential to be something amazing but they are going about it totally the wrong way.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends