All reviews indoor pool junior suite lake view fantastic views night stay dinner menu manicured gardens amazing location shower room the air conditioning old style ferry terminal lovely hotel lovely lakeside large balcony terrace luxury
Reviewed June 20, 2018

This hotel certainly lived up to expectations. Lovely quiet location. Fantastic views of the lake. Wonderful building and very helpful staff. A road passes the front of the building, but there is very little traffic, so no noise issue. Our room was lovely, nice bathroom. Comfy bed. Had a safe, fridge etc. Breakfast was very nice is a room with a stunning view of the lake. Breakfast staff were friendly and helpful. Loved the terrace for a place to sit and take a drink. The entrance hall is stunning. We loved the gardens and the pool. The pool was 25m and was beautiful. The water was warm and we always had the place to ourselves. WE also enjoyed walking in the lakeside garden. All in all, we could not fault this hotel. Staff on the desk speak English and were always so helpful. Would definately return to the Grand Majestic.....bravo the staff.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil W
Reviewed November 22, 2017

The views are incredible and the staff is like the hotel, there to be a great pleasure for your stay in Italy. The rooms are super and some have great views and the food in the dining room is excellent for Italy !

Stayed: May 2017
4  Thank ETHKino
Reviewed November 12, 2017

Any review of this property will depend on the room you are allocated. Get a lake view room with balcony and you will most likely write a rave review. Get the worst room in the hotel overlooking the road and you will be disappointed. This truly was a Grand Majestic hotel in the last century, but like all the old hotels needs a couple of million dollars to bring it back to its former glory. The position is pure magic with manicured gardens going right to the lake front. And the atrium is truly majestic.

Our problem was that we were on a small group Back Roads tour and drew the 'short straw' when it came to our room allocation. Our T.V did have English language channels but the reception was so distorted as to make us turn it off. Our shower was over a slippery bath with no holder for the flexible shower head which sat in the bottom of the bath, and get this one. No shower screen or curtain meaning that the floor got wet and slippery. Was this the worst room in the hotel where they dump tour groups?

From our perspective the Grand Majestic was 'all fur coat but no knickers'. Stuck in a small dark room, no T.V or air con, no tea/coffee in room, and constant traffic noise from the road, it was hell rather than heaven.
But...If you get a lake front room with balcony you will love this property and wonder what we are complaining about.

Room Tip: For goodness sake get a lakefront room or find another property on the lake.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank wengenbound
Cristina Z, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Majestic, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

Dear Guest,
If you book entry level room for lowest price available do not expect a room with lake view and balcony: if you wish to save money, do not complaint for your own choice, but next time make a better one. By the way, accommodations without lake view are one way street, with very limited cars driving also during the day. At night there is no noise.
Best regards

Reviewed November 12, 2017

very romantic, good location, best for honeymoon or romantic trip. Very beautiful wiev from window. I reccomend take a room with lake wiev, balcony. the brekfast was nice, best bacon for my husband. Hotell for people who tired of city noice.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alla M
Reviewed September 28, 2017

Positives

The hotel occupies a lovely spot and the view of the lake from the room is great. I don't have a balcony and can't see the room from the bed, but if I move the chair from the other side of the room to the window, yes, it's a lovely view.

The atrium is also impressive.

Negatives

As others have said, this hotel is faded and unloved, specifically -

My room, 214, at a discounted wedding rate of EUR195 a night, end of Sep, has not been upgraded, I would say, since the 1980s. Old carpet with the pattern long since bleached by the sun. Peach wallpaper with a potato print pattern, wallpaper pattern border long out of date, but taste is one thing, functionality is another.

Three electric sockets in the room, two used by bedside lights and one by the TV. I have unplugged all of them so I can charge my phone, ipad and laptop. Presumably a couple would have two phones and two laptops? A modern room would have sufficient plugs. Not one plug by the small table.

The bathroom has a single shower, with a bi fold door, which does not close, a single head long last its best, dripping, and generally reminds me of a shower room in a £40 a night guest house in Blackpool.

Because it is the end of September, they have turned off the airconditioning as it is cooling outside. The front desk say that either the entire hotel has aircon on, or off. There are no individual room temperature controls. But it is now gone 10pm and having had windows open since I arrived at 4pm, it is still 23.5 degrees in my second floor room. I call this temperature too hot to sleep, and in any case, because I have my windows fully open to get it this cold, I have to hear all the voices of the people sitting outside on the bar terraces below. (Apparently it is warm enough to sit outside, but not warm enough to warrant air conditioning).

As others have said - no robes (although robes are mentioned in the Hotel Guide telling you not to wear them to the pool), only one bath towel in my room (someone else said that too), no free water, no fruit or other gifts, no tea or coffee making facilities, a small fridge with a 6 euro coke and a 6 euro beer, no wine. A small TV (unplugged to allow charging of laptop). There is not one of those things you can put your case on or in fact any space to open your case - and I'm the only one in my room - I would feel very cramped with two.

I went to the spa, which had a small, completely empty gym (and as others have said, it has no water fountain, aircon, or towels) but I had a massage from the sole man who runs the gym and spa. It was awful. I highly recommend that you do not have the massage - save your 60 euros.

Anyway, the wedding party arrives tomorrow, and at the end of the day, there is a VIEW. If you like a VIEW and you don't really care how shabby, dated, old-fashioned, and poorly equipped your room is, then you'll love it here!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends