“Best pastries and not always friendly staff.”

Pasticceria Patalani
Ranked #1 of 14 Bakeries in Viareggio
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2015

During the holidays in Viareggio several times visited the pastry shop, could not resist the temptation. Expensive, but very tasty, delicious cakes and pastries are not found in Tuscany. There have been three times, even when buying a small cake and coffee and cakes left by 20 euros.
But this strange sitatsiya with payment card introduces me into a stupor, why put the terminal to pay each time to turn sour face and voice that the amount is too small? when paying by card. But it is characteristic of the entire coastal city here is extorting cash from tourists.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wedding planner had recommended this place to us, we went to visit on a Monday to have a few samples - on Wednesday lunchtime I had the most wonderful traditional wedding cake. A filling of sponge, cream, pastry covered in white chocolate roses with raspberries, dried orange and dried apple, Belissimo! Amazing! Ive had so many nice comments from my wedding guests and everyone who sees the pictures says how wonderful this looks. Riccardo the cake maker is an absolute genius he didnt speak English but had his ipad to show us all his creations - he is very talented! Will definitely come back here when we return on our anniversary! Very reasonable too!

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I got into this place by chance a sunday morning while I was walking trought the local market. It is a nice little place with a good selection of pasticceria.
The pastries have a good balance. Not too much creamy.
Prices are good

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Wonderful cookies and a delicate coffee without barista mumbo-jumbo.
It's a nice place to go to, watching the fair while enjoying the meal.
The beach walk isn't the only nice walk in Viareggio. The Patalani is definitely worthy a visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I visited here every morning unless we were going on an early morning trip. The choice of cakes and pastries are amazing and the coffee was the best in Viareggio. Really Italian atmosphere with a buzz of the locals having a quick coffee and pastry, both coffee and pastries are extremely reasonably priced and the staff are helpful and welcoming. Well done for making our visits so enjoyable.