All reviewsthird floorbay of naplescovered terraceexcellent locationtrain stationgluten freeset menuthe hotel staffoffered an alternativeschool kidsmost european hotelsevening meals were excellentfresh omelettesenglish news channelscater for large groupsbeds were comfortablefriendly hotel
Reviewed September 22, 2017

We stayed here with an escorted archaeological tour group going to Pompeii, Herculaneum and other historical sites so can only comment on the hotel as part of the ‘package’.

The standard rooms are a bit on the dismal and dreary side but we upgraded for 20e a night to a premium room which was fine, small but far better, bear in mind all mainland European hotel rooms are smaller and not as well equipped as in the UK. Service was impeccable and given with a smile and in no way grudgingly and any questions were answered promptly and accurately so I feel sorry for the staff because the place lets them down.

Here comes the but – but the food we were served as part of our ‘half board’ was basic to very poor. I am sure they were working to a budget set by the tour operator and it must have been a pretty thin budget, at least I hope this to be the case because if it’s the hotels idea of good Italian food then I despair of them! I did not hear a single member of the group praise the food, mark you had I done so I might have questioned their sanity. I know of at least one couple who will not use the tour operator again because of the food.

Breakfast was typical European and perfectly acceptable, the coffee machine produces a very good strong breakfast coffee but the fruit juice was appalling. It was so weak in flavour as to be unidentifiable. I joked that the orange used for the orange juice must have got no closer to the water it was diluted with than in passing by on the lorry outside the hotel, it was that weak.

The place appears to depend on tour groups; a number came and went during our stay and all the food appeared to be from the same set menu, I did not see an a la carte menu anywhere. It was suggested that if one wanted something off menu one simply had to ask and one could have it at no extra cost, yea right! I asked and was told it would be available ‘tomorrow’ and as one knows tomorrow, like the requested food, never comes! The wine list was very, very limited, pretty cheap but very limited; the house wine was drinkable and was a good match for the poor food, if you get my meaning.

Take away the tour groups and I doubt the place would stay in business for more than a month or two because no one in their right mind would book twice to enjoy the ‘typically Italian cuisine’ typical of no Italian cuisine I have every experienced and I used to travel to Italy every month or so back in my working days.

Sorry but those travellers who rate this place as 5 and excellent either didn’t eat in or really should get out more!

Room Tip: I would recommend always booking the better rooms or risk disappointment.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2017

Having spent the last 10 years holidaying at the Aequa I cannot rate the facilities enough. Rooms are traditional in style, always clean and most with fantastic views. Dining facilities are top notch and the poolside area and garden are fantastic.

Room Tip: The hotel provides a wide range of activities including trips to all the areas of cultural significance found in Campagnia and Amalfi.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2017

We stayed for a week and the view and staff are really something else!!! Superb!
But the standard/quality of the hotel, rooms, breakfest, and beds are something you DON´T wanna pay for!
It´s worn down, beds are old, noisy, really and really hard!
We payed for a ocean view and right in front of our balcony, stood a big old pinetree!
The drawers, cabinets, toilet , paint, everything is worn down.... and the aircon didn´t work in our room either..
The town it self is a cozy little town, no supermarket, a couple of resturants with pizzas and fish, and otherwise it´s snackbars and a couple a shops... and that´s about it.
For half the price i we would come back, but as long as it´s this pricing, we wont ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Don´t buy a room here...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2017

We had a family suite overlooking the sea with great views. Room had recently been refurbished, simply furnished and clean. The breakfast is basic although they make fresh omelettes and the room is a bit dated. The pool area is nice and was never too busy. The location of the hotel is ideal. There are a couple of restaurants within a 2 minute walk, the main square with bars and shops 5 minutes in one direction and the bus and train station about 8 in the other.
Special mention to Giacomo who helped with our reservation, taxis and local advice.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank gillybean23
Reviewed August 29, 2017

We stayed at this hotel with a holiday through Travelsphere - location was great, views magnificent (if you booked a superior room) and the hotel was lovely with very friendly staff. Food was traditional Neapolitan but not much choice presumably being on a package holiday.

Stayed: June 2017