Le Ancore Hotel(Vico Equense)
US$155
Hotel Sporting(Vico Equense)
US$185
US$164
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$234/night.

Astoria Vico Hotel(Vico Equense)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$126
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Oriente(Vico Equense)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$102
Savings alert! 57% below average rates

The price you found is 57% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$237/night.

Cubo Apartments(Vico Equense)
US$212
US$190
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Torre Barbara(Vico Equense)
US$152
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 53% below average rates

The price you found is 53% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$326/night.

US$167
US$148
Trip.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

Hotel Mary(Vico Equense)
US$173
US$161
US$207
US$199
All reviewsthird floorbay of naplescovered terraceexcellent locationtrain stationdining areasset menugluten freethe hotel staffoffered an alternativeschool kidsmost european hotelsevening meals were excellentfresh omelettesenglish news channelscater for large groupsbeds were comfortable
Reviewed October 1, 2017

We stayed at this hotel as part of the Travelsphere holiday package visiting Pompeii, Herculanuem and Paestum. It’s a quaint hotel in a beautiful part of the coast overlooking the bay of Naples. We found our bedroom comfortable, met our requirements but was pretty basic. We had room No 82 which had a balcony with table and chairs and overlooked the bay. Many of our travelling companions had rooms at the front of the hotel which had no balcony and were noisy as they overlooked the main road. The electrics left a lot to be desired, we did manage to cobble something together in order to get our English adaptor working. Great having a fridge in your room but we found it noisy at night so would switch this off overnight. I didn’t take my hairdryer with me as the hotel ‘blurb’ said they had them in the rooms. Well, not quite in the room, it was in the bathroom. It was more like a small hoover than a hairdryer and it took ages to dry my medium length hair. Our shower was incredibly small (best not to drop the soap) but it had hot water and served its purpose for the week. We had a double room but I had asked Travelsphere at time of booking if this could be arranged, most of our other travelling companions had twin rooms. The bed was hard and I found the pillows lumpy. Sleep was of poor quality.

The staff are excellent, attentive to all your needs and do the best they can to serve you. The swimming pool and facilities are great but if you go into the pool in September, it’s pretty cold getting in but ok once accustomed to the temperature. On the third floor, there is a roof terrace where you can get some fantastic views of Vesuvius. The Wisteria terrace is a lovely place to enjoy a drink or just take in the view.

Now the only negative aspect to this hotel was the food. Included in our ‘package’ was breakfast and evening meals. Breakfasts are continental style with a great choice of breads, cereal, yogurts, croissants and selections of cake and tarts. They do serve fruit but these are whole rather that in a fruit salad. They also offer tomato and mozzarella cheese, cold hard boiled eggs and often had a plate of scrambled egg on the sideboard but this got cold very quickly and often had flies landing on it. However, to be fair, my partner asked for a cheese and ham omelette every morning which they had no issues about providing.

It was totally a different call for the evening meal. These meals were a huge disappointment. Obviously these meals served as part of a package deal are budgeted and so not choice much was offered. Veal was offered on a couple of nights but this was rubbery and tough and when offered an alternative of pork escalope, this came out raw in the middle. We heard many complaints about the food from our fellow travellers. As a result of this, my partner and I decided to eat out for the rest of the week. We found some typical pizzerias and quaint bistros in Vico. Just opposite the hotel is a fabulous restaurant called ‘Titos’. Food here is excellent and a reasonable price plus you get a free carafe of Limoncello at the end of your meal. We also tried a place called ‘Bistrot 1799’, located in a quiet back street in Vico , off the main square. I’m glad the food at the hotel was so bad, it gave us a reason to go out and try the variety of food on offer in the local restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for double prior to booking and request room at side or back of hotel to avoid a noisy road.
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

I was on a holiday with a tour company. The hotel has lovely grounds and a spacious interior.
The staff are exceptional, very helpful and friendly.
We were in the 'coach party' rooms. It was small but adequate and was extremely clean. The balcony was huge.
An excellent place to stay to tour the area.
Vico Equense has a lovely charm about it with a good selection of eateries

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2017

This excellent hotel was recommended by a friend who had stayed there about four years ago. The location is ideal for visiting Vesuvius and the numerous archaeological sites in the area. The local metro line gives access to most sites and is inexpensive and easy to use. A coach from Naples airport takes you right to the door.
The hotel is extremely friendly and the staff are delightful. Sea views from the rooms are excellent and the hotel swimming pool is clean and a delight to use after a day of sightseeing. We chose the half-board option and the evening meals were excellent.

Room Tip: most rooms face away from the street and have views over the bay of Naples
Reviewed September 22, 2017

We stayed here with an escorted archaeological tour group going to Pompeii, Herculaneum and other historical sites so can only comment on the hotel as part of the ‘package’.

The standard rooms are a bit on the dismal and dreary side but we upgraded for 20e a night to a premium room which was fine, small but far better, bear in mind all mainland European hotel rooms are smaller and not as well equipped as in the UK. Service was impeccable and given with a smile and in no way grudgingly and any questions were answered promptly and accurately so I feel sorry for the staff because the place lets them down.

Here comes the but – but the food we were served as part of our ‘half board’ was basic to very poor. I am sure they were working to a budget set by the tour operator and it must have been a pretty thin budget, at least I hope this to be the case because if it’s the hotels idea of good Italian food then I despair of them! I did not hear a single member of the group praise the food, mark you had I done so I might have questioned their sanity. I know of at least one couple who will not use the tour operator again because of the food.

Breakfast was typical European and perfectly acceptable, the coffee machine produces a very good strong breakfast coffee but the fruit juice was appalling. It was so weak in flavour as to be unidentifiable. I joked that the orange used for the orange juice must have got no closer to the water it was diluted with than in passing by on the lorry outside the hotel, it was that weak.

The place appears to depend on tour groups; a number came and went during our stay and all the food appeared to be from the same set menu, I did not see an a la carte menu anywhere. It was suggested that if one wanted something off menu one simply had to ask and one could have it at no extra cost, yea right! I asked and was told it would be available ‘tomorrow’ and as one knows tomorrow, like the requested food, never comes! The wine list was very, very limited, pretty cheap but very limited; the house wine was drinkable and was a good match for the poor food, if you get my meaning.

Take away the tour groups and I doubt the place would stay in business for more than a month or two because no one in their right mind would book twice to enjoy the ‘typically Italian cuisine’ typical of no Italian cuisine I have every experienced and I used to travel to Italy every month or so back in my working days.

Sorry but those travellers who rate this place as 5 and excellent either didn’t eat in or really should get out more!

Room Tip: I would recommend always booking the better rooms or risk disappointment.
Reviewed September 15, 2017

Having spent the last 10 years holidaying at the Aequa I cannot rate the facilities enough. Rooms are traditional in style, always clean and most with fantastic views. Dining facilities are top notch and the poolside area and garden are fantastic.

Room Tip: The hotel provides a wide range of activities including trips to all the areas of cultural significance found in Campagnia and Amalfi.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family