All reviews school trip head waiter bay of naples sea view train station ceiling fan mandolin player school party restaurant balcony facing the road pasta and pizza black sand air con laundry service small town rooms are basic boat trips to capri
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed mussels for starters and both had lovely pasta dishes for mains although we saw gorgeous pizzas being delivered to other tables while we were eating. Service was discreet but attentive and there was live musical accompaniment while we ate in the form of a mandolin player which added to the atmosphere! The setting on the terrace looking down over the marina and out to sea is amazing. We had a lovely evening but it was not particularly cheap.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Hotel Mary Is a family run hotel. It’s 4star with 5 star staff. Extremely well appointed rooms with plenty of facilities including a swimming pool. The restaurant has a very friendly head waiter and is backed up by extremely professional staff. The menu is extensive and is well presented. The restaurant has a balcony which overlooks the bay where the hotel has a private beach. The hotel has a shuttle that will transport you too the beach,station or anywhere local you wish to go. There is a local station which gives you access to Positano,Sorrento boat trips to Capri. Pompeii is also easily access by the train. I would suggest that you book a tour as you will learn a lot more than just strolling around.
The town is in easy walking distance with good bars that serve good food. We also noted that food and drinks where very.
It was an extremely present break that I would recommend

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from a 9 day holiday at hotel mary with my boyfriend. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here and would definitely return. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the train station which provides easy access to Pompeii/naples and sorrento. If travelling from the airport you can get a airport shuttle bus that drops you off a 5 min walk from the hotel too. The hotel is located in a quiet area but still has local shops and restaurants to explore and I was so glad I stayed here rather than sorrento which at this time of year I found overcrowded. The hotel was extremely clean, not overcrowded and the staff were friendly and helpful. The pool was small but not too busy and the views were exceptional. My room was basic but clean and had all the necessities. However, tea/coffee option would of been nice. I do agree that the rooms can be noisy if staying underneath the restaurant/bar areas but this did not affect my stay.

We spent most of our time at the marina at the sea club. I loved this part as it was really modern and clean and the staff went out of their way by providing fruit to guests. The sea is quiet rough but calm enough for snorkelling etc. The hotel provides a shuttle bus to and from the marina which is definitely worth the 2 euros as there are many steps to get back to the hotel from the marina. I loved my holiday at hotel mary and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

I’m sure the Mary has all the facilities that the 4 star assessment needs eg fully staffed reception; restaurant and pool. But it isn’t 4 star quality.

I’m so surprised at other comments about excellent service etc, I’ve found most staff have done the bare minimum. Francesco on reception and Massimo in the restaurant & the pool guy (sorry I didn’t get your name) were the exceptions.

Our room was below the restaurant and was noisy during breakfast and dinner - scraping of tables and chairs etc. Plus the mornings were noisy with the housekeeping carts being made ready outside our room.
It also needed a lick of paint and was basic. No coffee facility in the room, you have to pay for that at the bar. Not even any cups in the room for drinks we bought from the supermarket - there is no mini bar, not even water provided.
There is one tiny wardrobe - not enough room to unpack clothes and the shower gel is in plastic packets rather than bottles. It just looks cheap and like a hostel

This hotel also takes lots of groups & school groups. Maybe that explains the lack of coffee and cheap shower gel. One school group at the beginning of our stay were exceptional - teachers extremely considerate of how small the pool was and gave the group time limits to come out of the pool and kept their noise down. The second group didn’t and the pool is not big enough for guests and school groups. The hotel pool guy did try and assist but if the teachers won’t help what can they do? I did raise it at reception as well but seemed to just be platitudes - nothing happened except every other guest left the pool area.

So if you want a quiet holiday - don’t stay here.

The newly opened Sea Club, is ok. Nice idea but the sea is filthy - the hotel can’t be held responsible for that of course, but it made the Sea Club unusable really - unless you’re ok just sitting on a sun bed and not getting in the water. In which case, it’s lovely.

Food was ok. Breakfast was the same for 7 days. Was ok, enough there, but nothing special, compared to the 3 star we stayed in in Rome.

Dinner was better but again it wasn’t service with a smile most of the time.

The positives are a fantastic location and view from the pool area and terrace and it’s really easy to get around the area via The Circumvesuvian train. Very convenient for Pompeii and Sorrento. The WiFi was also included in our room price and was actually very good and worked well all the time, which was a bonus with our teen.

I really really wanted to love this hotel. I’m sad I don’t. There was nothing that the hotel could have done differently really, just surprised it’s 4 star and gets so many positive reviews. I’ve given it 3 out of 5 as there were some good points - housekeeping excellent and some staff did provide some good service. It just isn’t 4 star. Disappointing.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Emma H
Reviewed July 10, 2018

In my country this hotel will not be a 4 star. The hotel itself needs a coat of paint and is actually VERY average, BUT the staff friendliness and helpfulness made this an above average hotel for me. It's difficult to explain, it's definitely not wow (except the view from the pool is WOW), but it has everything that we needed.
The pool area is great if you want to relax a few hours. There is free parking for your car too. It's walking distance from the squire where you can look for places to eat at night. You can also walk down to the beach, but walking back is very tough. They have a shuttle service @ 2Euro/pp that you can use too.
The beach below is where you can catch boat trips to Capri, Almalfi, etc.
I would definitely stay at Hotel Mary again...I recommend this Hotel.

Stayed: July 2018