All reviews nautical theme our honeymoon head barman michelin star outdoor gym wine list amalfi coast jacuzzi on the balcony relaxing hotel privilege room on demand glass of prosecco mini moon pool attendant different levels easy access to the sea charming little town
Reviewed July 22, 2018

Jaw dropping beauty in a perfectly situated luxury hotel. Built into the hillside this graciously appointed property has everything. The rooms are spacious and luxurious with gorgeous nautical decor. We spent five days here with our three adult daughters and it was nothing short of superb. We had a large balcony with steamer chairs overlooking the bay of Naples with views of Ischia and Vesuvius. It is westward facing so the sunsets are magnificent. The resort is very high-end and built for comfort and relaxation with a large saltwater pool at the oceans edge and plenty of space and comfortable lounges to spend all day if you wish with stepdowns to swim in the ocean. The spa is beautiful with access to the indoor pool with waterfall, sauna, steam, and ice pool at any time. Though spectacular in beauty what really made it memorable to us was the staff. Starting with the warm welcome we received on arriving through our entire stay the hotel staff was fantastic. They could not do enough for us while we were there. The restaurants are also wonderful with gorgeous views, gourmet cusine, and great service. Breakfast is a culinary experience in itself. The Capri Bar is just lovely where you can sip a glass of wine or try one of their delicious (and beautiful) hand crafted cocktails. We went to another high end resort after our stay here and though it was very nice we missed our friends at Capo La Gala, definitely the peak of our trip.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have ocean views - we liked our upper level 3 room with our private balcony
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2018

Having just returned from a blissful stay at Capo La Gala, I can honestly say it feels like a dream! The hotel is stunning and there is so much I could say about every day of my time there, but instead I will list the highlights and hopefully tempt everyone to experience them for themselves!

Pool - Antonio is by far the most attentive and caring lifeguard I have ever met, offering drinks, food, inflatables and humour in the mid-day sun! He is kind and always there to help - a 5* guy!

Bar - Michele is an expert mixologist, and a real asset to the hotel! His cocktail creations are on par with the finest hotel bars around the world, and his knowledge is extensive. Let him loose to make something off menu, and you wont be disappointed!

The Rooms - I wouldn't recommend the classic rooms, they are small and feel claustrophobic. We asked to be moved on day 1, but it seemed totally impossible to upgrade (we offered to pay) and the general manager informed us it was fully booked (yet another member of the team told me it was 60% full) - we then were offered alternative classic rooms (defeats the point of wanting to move) which was frustrating, so thank goodness there was so much more to the holiday that made it amazing....

Spa - the ladies in the spa are angels, Tanya & Giovanna provide dreamy treatments in the most idyllic space! I would recommend an evening massage when it's not too hot - the sea breeze is divine!

Hotel shuttle - they have a brilliant shuttle service every day to and from the small town, however don't expect them to go the extra mile, on arriving at the station you will have to walk the short / long walk to your chosen restaurant / bar, this seemed a little mean as for people on their first day with little clue as to where to go. For a 5* hotel it would have been nice to be dropped off up the hill (3 minute walk from where the shuttle drops you off!) and not left to wonder on googlemaps!

Boat Trip - I would absolutely recommend a boat trip when you're staying at the hotel. Salvatori is not only an amazing skipper, but his knowledge of the Italian coastline is very impressive! Make sure to ask him lots of questions, and for him to show you areas of conservation, it's nature at it's finest. It was a real highlight to see the beautiful bays from the sea!

Overall, I would recommend everyone to stay at this hotel, for the food, drinks, experiences and relaxation. I cannot wait to return, you can rely on Michele, Antonio, Salvatori, Giovanna & Tanya to ensure you're looked after!

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Wow what a great hotel at Hotel Capo La Gala. We have stayed in a lot of high end hotels around the Amalfi region but this one is right up there in many areas.

A family of five with three older teenagers we had two sea view rooms with amazing views into the bay of Naples. The rooms were decorated in a nautical theme and matched the vibe of the visit.

The decor and style of the hotel is very impressive with lots of private areas. The pool and easy access to the sea and spa is wonderful. The pool nice to cool down after sun baking and I think it had seawater in it so very much the same temperature as the sea.

The restaurant is one star Michelin and we dined there twice. The service was impeccable and the food incredible. Thank you for your care and attention to detail. The sommelier matched the dishes well with local Campania varietals.

The food at Merea the beach restaurant was top notch and can I say the lifeguard at the pool and the barman were very professional, attentive and helpful from moving umbrellas, selecting seating and preparing amazing cocktails. We felt very well cared for as a family.

The town Vico Equense is nearby and the complimentary shuttle was helpful but to be honest we stayed at the hotel as it was away for the hustle bustle and heat.

The only minor issue was the internet could be a bit patchy but we soon found areas for fast speed including the beach and restaurant so it didn’t impact on our stay.

Thank you all at Hotel Capo La Gala we had an amazing three days and very much appreciated your friendliness, professionalism and attention to detail.

We hope to return again in the future.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Capo La Gala is a gem on the Italian coast. The setting is incredible with stunning views and sunsets like no other hotel I have ever seen. The staff are wonderful, from the front desk to the restaurant staff to the hard working life guard. This is a great jumping off point for exploring Sorrento and Capri with a shuttle available to take you to the local train. The food is good and dishes are big, and the cocktail menu is by far the most impressive I’ve seen in a hotel, run by a really excellent bar man. This is a winner for a special holiday.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just left Capo La Gallo after 8 bliss filled nights. I must say I’m feeling quite sad that it is over. The views are breathtaking. The style is sophisticated, yet relaxed. The staff is top-notch, friendly and approachable. I feel compelled to give a special shout out to Michele, Nello, Giulia, Antonio, Tanya, Giovanna, the boat crew, and the reception staff. If you come make sure you book a boat tour through the hotel; I guarantee it will be the highlight of your trip.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple