Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-04-30
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreams
Free cancellation until 21-04-30
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Agoda.comUS$74
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

This is a lovely little hotel just right for an older woman travelling alone. The rooms are a very nice size, the bathroom large with a pretty tiny shower, but adequate. The air con works great and the place is storybook cute.
The breakfast room is beautiful and the fare provided was varied and fresh.
When I was ready to check out, I asked the lovely woman at the desk to call me a cab and I was told that it was "complicated", so she took me herself in her private car to the piazza so that I could catch my bus. A really lovely gesture.
My only negative is that the entire building was locked up like a fortress before 10pm and when I got back from the festival, found I had left my room key in my other purse. I was pretty frantic about getting in to the hotel as I had called and had a terrible connection and wasn't sure whether she'd understood my dilemma or not. All ended well and she came and let me in. I was eternally grateful.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay and the beds were amazingly comfy!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2019

We recently stayed here when we went to see Andrea Bocelli. Our stay had to be extended last minute due to a storm and michelle and her husband could not have been more accommodating. The fed us that evening after being soaked in the rain and made our night very special to a big group after being disappointed to a cancelled concert.
Would stay here again. So close to all cities and towns nearby and so clean.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2018

I found this hotel priced at just €8 for 1 night so booked despite thinking it's too good to be true, It was! Hotel contacted me to say website should have read €85, but as sign of good faith they would give me 10% discount. Fair enough as it was still a reasonable price for the area & just a few minutes walk from the city walls.
The room was a good size, clean and comfortable with a large ensuite shower room, nothing more was needed.
The staff were very helpful and friendly; breakfast is excellent, especially as we were given it complimentary!
Free parking is limited to a few spaces right in front of the hotel, so that may cause an issue if you are arriving later in the day.
Overall excellent nights stop, would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2017

This is a good 3* hotel, situated about 500 m from the walled centre of Volterra. Most of the staff are very friendly, the room we had was clean and with adjustable air conditioning. Beds are of good quality (with the exception of the extra bed, that wasn't great) and breakfast in the cellar is excellent : Italian quality products in a variety and quantity to satisfy also North European guests and tastes. Great cheeses, by the way ! The room was perfectly clean when we got it, but cleaning during our stay was more superficial. The small swimming pool is not really suitable for great swimming performances, but as a refreshing end of the day after a walk through dust and heat, it is perfect. We definitely would come back here !

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2016

We recently spent two weeks at the Antica Badia incorporating a trip to see Andrea Bocceli in Lajatico with a longer stay. Our room overlooked the pool at the back and the bathroom windows had a super view of the old church, which was lit up at night. A 10/15 minute stroll takes you up to the town of Volterra. We found a local restaurant a ten minute walk in the opposite direction to the town, which made massive calzone and amazing pizzas plus a litre of house wine cost only 8€! Our trip was fantastic, and the hotel and staff really lovely. I would definitely recommend and wish I was there right now!

Room tip: Room 207 which is at the back of the hotel so no road noise
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pydsey
francinaToscana, Direttore at Hotel Antica Badia, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2016

Dear Sir You've just spent a long time in our hotel and you have evaluated our structure. We are happy to have given value to your vacation thanks for your appreciation.