“Great for relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rufford
Center Parcs Sherwood Forest
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great for relaxing”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

A weekend away with family and friends. We had a great time and was able to enjoy different ase ts and abilities, while still all meeting up for swimming, dinner and a general chat chat.
Facilities are clean & comfortable and all the staff are very friendly!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,138)
  • Turkish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We have been visiting Centre Parcs for 14 years and we are still never bored when we arrive. We have two boys now 16 and 11. Both my husband and are I are mid 40s. There is still something for us all to enjoy. Do as much or as little as you like. The facilities are excellent, the accomodation even the basic is always clean and in a good state of repair. It is cosy and perfectly adequate for a weekend break. It isn't the ritz, but you are not paying ritz prices either. The beds are comfortable, the kitchen well stocked with everything you need - if you feel the need to cook. Eating out is great, french, italian, indian or american style all available but I will admit it is getting more expensive to dine out, and the portions are getting smaller.

The pool is always clean and safe. Love the rapids. Could do with more slides. If you are used to visiting other pools like blackpool or alton towers then you may expect more water slides. There are only two water slides but the queues are small. There is a dingy water slide the grand cascade which is heaps of fun but the queues is always very long. Expect to wait 30 minutes in a very cold tunnel....but it is worth the wait. Rapids are great fun but not for you if you are a weak or not very confident swimmer. The journey round will leave you with bumps and scrapes but then thats part of the fun. Don't get in the rapids if you want to stay bruise free and keep your nail varnish unscathed!

Bike hire is not cheap. If you don't mind a walk go without or bring your own. Nearly 100.00 now for the weekend for 3 adults and 1 child bike!

If you are active and like to keep busy it is deffinately a great weekend away. If you like complaining and moaning about crowds, weather, prices, and expect the ritz for 300.00 don't bother. You will be grumpy.

Room Tip: Basic is just that if you like comfort then pay a little extra
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I don't think I need to say anymore. I've been visiting Center Parcs for 15 years now and am pleased to report it gets better every time I go! The service you receive is second to none and I've never experienced this level of service anywhere else in the world I've been! The rooms are lovely and activities fun and there's some for all the family. I had the best night's sleep I've had in ages on their new beds and the location in the middle of the forest is truly stunning. Well done to everyone at Center Parcs for continuing to provide great breaks for guests!

Room Tip: Choose any lodge, you will be impressed!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Therese_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Sherwood Forest, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for your post. It’s great to hear all your positive comments regarding all aspects of your stay.

After 15 years of visiting Center Parcs, I am delighted that your experience gets better and better and find the level of service we offer to be some of the best in the world.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to share your experience and I do hope that you will be visiting again very soon.

Derbyshire
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We have just returned from a midweek break at Center OParcs Sherwood Forest, and feel a litle let down. Our party included myself and my wife, our daughter and son in-law, and our 17 month old grandson. We have been visiting CP for many years, and were delighted to see the general upgrades of the site and facilities (the villa was very well maintained). However, what we did notice were the number of groups of teenagers/young adults staying who were either badly, or unsupervised. We had 3 of our nights totally disrupted by gangs of these people holding parties and playing loud music until 1:30 in the morning. As this was happening only 2 villas from us, you can imagine the problem. Two further nights we had broken sleep by these people running around and shouting. We complained to the site staff who, to be fair to them, did attempt to stop the problem, but without success. This was a real shame as we do usually enjoy the whole CP experience, but if we do return I will make sure that their policy of "family friendliness" is upheld.

Room Tip: If you want quiteness, opt for villas nearer to he Country Club
1 Thank mjttDerbyshire
Therese_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Sherwood Forest, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for writing your review.

I am pleased that you found your villa well maintained and in particular delighted with the upgrade of our facilities.

I was sorry to hear that you were disturbed by other guests during your stay. Our aim at Center Parcs is to provide a suitable family orientated environment but regrettably, there appears to be an element in society who disregard recognised standards of behaviour. Procedures are in place to combat this issue and the type of behaviour you experienced is a rare occurrence.

Once again, thanks for posting and I do hope that you will return to Center Parcs in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Went in late February 2012 and stayed in the basic Comfort style villa. The price was reasonable with a dog (£350) for this time of year and the villa was basic & adequate. The toilets and bedrooms were immacualtey clean although the living room wooden floor was filthy and required cleaning by ourselves (it appeared clean but had dirt on it when wiped with the anti-bac wipes - we had a baby so required clean floors). NB The Comfort Villa is not worth the high costs charged in the peak summer holiday period but is good value for money outside the peak costing periods of the year - we are in the process of booking next February and the family enjoyed the resort. This basic Villa decor though appeared tired and in need of updating, I assume Centre Parcs are sorting their later accomondation places out first then hopefully will update all styles of villa - not everyone can afford the new Treehouses. However, we are upgrading next time to executive standard or higher since the price for doing this a year ahead appears value for money and not a great increase - use the 28 days rebooking period you are given when you leave - the prices are definately cheaper.

The supermarket continues to be well-stocked and of reasonable price for an off-site resort. Activities still tend to be overpriced re vlaue for money e.g paint-balling and cost of purchasing more paint-balls to ensure enjoyable time - £7 for an extra 100 balls only is over-priced. Quad-biking though was good value for money at £30 for an hour - this is an activity our two children used and they are still talking about it now.

Would recommend Centre Parcs but would stress choose your level of accomodation wisely and when you go due to massive price increased during the kids holidays e.g. a Comfort (tired decor) Villa is not worth £800+ in August. You can get Cottages eslewhere that offer better value for money but then you do not have the resort activities all at your feet.

However, overall yes I would recommend Centre Parcs for an enjoyable experience - but bring a large wallet!!

1 Thank Savidgd
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This was our fourth visit to Sherwood Forest with our two children 6 and 10 years old. We were not disappointed we had a fantastic time. As usual everything was well organised from check in to cycle hire, acticities etc. We tried a few activities and was not disappointed. We stayed in a Woodland lodge and it was very comfortable and clean. My only complaint was the price of meals when eating out in the restaraunts. We feel the prices have gone up and the menus more limited - so we did not eat out every night as we have done in the past.
the subtropical paradise was a hit! The children had a ball at center parcs - we will be booking again.

Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Firstly let me say that I highly recommend Centerparcs and that the quality of life on a village makes for an idyllic holiday. Never will you meet more dedicated or lovely staff than at a Centerparcs resort. However I was very disappointed with my accomodation (Comfort Plus) on a recent visit. The sofa was split in half, stuffing coming out and smelled of vomit. I reported this to guest services who were very helpful. They sent someone who fixed the sofa but that did not solve the smell! The toilet smelled of urine from arrival but again they sent someone to clean it. They even sent someone over with a box of chocolates to say sorry but in the end we left a day early as I didnt fancy another night sitting on the horrible sofa!

I celebrated my birthday on this trip and had a treatment in Aqua Sana. I have never done this before as they are over-priced but found that it was totally worth the money. My therapist Allison was amazing and the relaxation area was incredible.

All in all I would give my break 8/10 (losing points only on the accomodation) and I would recommend Centerparcs to anyone. I cant wait to try the new Centerparcs in Woburn when it opens in 2014. Make sure if you do have any problems contact guest services as they are very helpful, even if my issues were not completely resolved this time :(

Room Tip: Ask for newer accomodation!
2 Thank Claire D
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor.

It is great to hear that you would highly recommend Center Parcs and it was particularly pleasing to hear that you found my colleagues very dedicated.

I was however disappointed to read that you had issues with your accommodation. We do make every effort to resolve any issues reported at the time and it is regrettable that this was not the case on this occasion. I am therefore very sorry that you decided to cut short your holiday.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your treatment at the Aqua Sana, especially as you were celebrating your birthday.

I do hope that we will be welcoming you back.

Guest Services Executive
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rufford
11.7 km away
Waren House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bamburgh
34.5 km away
Best Western Nottingham Derby

Been to Center Parcs Sherwood Forest? Share your experiences!