See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 30, 2017

The first views, of the hotel festooned with lights, on the mountainside, was impressive. Close up, and inside, it did not disappoint. Was on a coach trip. Rooms spacious, bathrooms equally so. Beautiful views from the balcony. Only had a free afternoon, so location wasn't a problem - walking round the hamlet looking at the beautiful carved wooden decorations outside each of the few chalets reminded us what the season was really about. Food was excellent. Wide choice at breakfast. Set meal at night, typical Austrian style meals. Plenty of it. Lots of locals having meals over the holidays. That says it all. Only one major drawback - no snow! It was warmer in Austria than London!

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back, and on the top floor for the views.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2016

As a business traveler I sometimes get very spoiled but I recently took my wife with me on a tour of Austria, Germany & Switzerland - In Austria we wanted to spoil ourselves and stayed at the Gasthof Rieder - WOW - this Hotel is most definitely high on my list of "MUST GO BACK TOO'S" - If on a romantic break - looking for a Hotel with spectacular views - just our mountain or hill walking - do not miss this. I can highly recommend the top quality food, lovely comfortable rooms (very spacious with balconies to enjoy a glass of wine looking out at the views) and the most fantastic Countryside or Skiing right on the doorstep) No I not related to the owner(s) but I wish I was to get preferential rates - this place is magnificent - dont miss out.

Room Tip: Rear of Hotel with balcony & views
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2016

We went here for a meal with family and friends on Sunday lunch. The staff where all very helpful even though it was very busy. The food was first class as always.We had a table for 15 people which is no trouble for them.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2016

We stayed here in October 2015 and the room was first ls with a great view along the inn valley. The breakfast was very filling. They also have a great choice of meals in the restaurant. These are at a very good price.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

On a 10 day bike trip with my daughter from Munich to Salzburg to Geneva we rolled into Jenbach and we were really, really disappointed. After riding through charming villages all day we ended up in Jenbach, a gritty town with little to offer in terms of hotels. We decided to ride up out of town to try to get to the Gasthof Rieder and the ride was extraordinarily difficult, just about straight uphill. After a solid 30 minutes of incredibly hard riding we emerged on a sweet hillside and there was the Gasthof Rieder with big, verdant views across the valley. Nice.

The room was relatively new and in good shape; the price was right; and the dinner and breakfast were fine. The only trouble was that few of the staff spoke much English but they were friendly enough and we got it all sorted out eventually.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family