All reviews sushi paddle boards harbour island infinity pool ocean front get away food and drinks sunset bar fish glass bridge nespresso machine sip sip beach attendants the entire resort snorkel gear four seasons north eleuthera airport
Reviewed March 1, 2017

My husband and I hoped to enjoy a bit of quiet, get some good sleep, eat some good meals, and enjoy the sand and beach. We mostly got what we had hoped for, but with a few irritants. The first room we were given had a problem with the AC. The blower wouldn't go off and we were forced to listen to a loud drone in the room, as well as outside the room coming from somewhere nearby. We were told the system was broken and there was some sort of mechanism for the fan that was outside our room and was accessed by multiple rooms in the building we were in -- hence the interior and exterior annoying noise. They finally did move us for night #3 and seemed to indicate that they could have moved us earlier if we had asked -- we had! A small note, but perhaps important for some -- the upgraded room they moved us to had a single sink and tiny shower stall. Two people could not (literally) fit in this bathroom at the same time. AND, if you were large you might find it problematic maneuvering in the bathroom alone. No outlets in the bathroom for a hairdryer and some unfortunate mold in the shower stall.
The food took a while to figure out. If you are a sushi fan, you may find yourself disappointed. At the waiter's suggestion, I ordered one of their signature rolls which listed crab as an ingredient. To my shock, it was imitation crab (in other words -- not crab at all). In a restaurant like this -- it was a major disappointment. Additionally, talking with the executive chef I learned that much of the fish used for the sushi is previously frozen. So, I wrote sushi off my options. The remaining entrees were overly prepared and heavy. Yes, even the options that claimed to be light were not. On the last night I overheard a couple at the neighboring table order off menu. I just hadn't thought to take that extra step, but lesson learned. Do not bother with the desserts. The ice cream which they make on the premises had freezer burn, the brownie was lackluster, and the key lime pie was pretty good. However, when you're paying $16 for a tiny slice of key lime pie -- it should be better than pretty good. The sunset bar was open one night and then shut down indefinitely thereafter.
Lastly, service. Servers in the restaurant were friendly as were those we encountered on the beach, but service was less than it should be, even taking island-time into account. There was a bit of a dust-up when they prepared a wedding rehearsal dinner on the beach displacing several beach-goers (yes, we were among those displaced). A simple message on their daily newspaper informing everyone where and when public spaces would be shut down could help everyone plan their day.
Eleuthera is a beautiful island and the particular geography upon which this resort sits is lovely. I've stayed at The Cove's sister resort in Sedona twice and would return for a third visit. The Cove needs to up their game.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lgilgirl
Ashley S, Manager at The Cove Eleuthera, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2017

Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate your constructive feedback and have addressed all of these issues with our guest services and culinary teams. We hope you will return to The Cove in the future for a better experience.

Reviewed February 24, 2017

This upscale resort is totally unpretentious and a real gem! The setting is spectacular, the rooms are simple and the service is superb. I was traveling alone and reserved an Arawak studio for my stay. The room was clean, comfortable and basic - no frills, but the Caribbean is not about staying indoors. Where this resort really soars is the incredible service. I have travelled extensively in the Caribbean and often find a disconnect between the staff and the guests which can range from indifferent to downright hostile. Not so here! From the moment I arrived I was warmly greeted. The staff are friendly, happy and go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. Most knew my name by the first day and would greet me by name.

There are two nice beaches. The surf can be strong and there is a lovely pool for those who are not strong swimmers. While there were young children at the resort, this is probably better suited for adults.

The kitchen is manned by a new chef and the food was delicious and beautifully presented.

I booked a spa appointment and had one of the best massages I have ever had in 30 plus years of massage therapy around the globe.

This was my first time in the Bahamas and I would return here in a heartbeat!

Room tip: The beachfront bungalows have more space and are right on the beach. Some Arawak Rooms have good water views and are steps from the beach.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2017

The Cove was advertised as serene and elegant which I took to mean 'boring'. When we arrived it seemed deserted and having just spent a week in bustling Harbour Island it seemed very subdued. But The Cove grows on you. It is indeed elegant - beautiful rooms especially those on the water front. The food is surprisingly good and get this - many of the staff are from Bhutan (located between India and China) - half a world away. One day we asked if we could have a Bhatanese meal and Chuki and her team served us a totally unexpected and tasty banquet. The new resort manager David Flack has just taken over and I know that he has great plans to enhance the experience. Our biggest gripe - an air-conditioning condenser that you could hear all the time - not what you travel 4,000 miles to listen to when the alternative is the waves and the birds - I'm sure they will fix it. Highly recommended but expensive

Room tip: Ocean front, but very expensive
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank parrym
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Pros: the absolute best, most helpful staff; beautiful beaches with calm waters that are great for snorkeling, stand-up paddle boarding and kayaking; great food, including sushi; very clean and well-kept; convenient central location, clean rooms with a modern, chic feel, over-all beautiful Resort

Con: the only real con was the price (more than $300/night) for a very small, non ocean front or even ocean view room. Although the room was clean and stocked with all the litte amenities you'd expect, our specific room seemed a bit pricey. We obviously knew the price when we booked, So I hate to complain about it, but I just want other travelers to know the resort is on the high end. You will also have to pay for every meal, as nothing is included and if you choose to eat at the resort the entire time, it will get very expensive.

Overall: very beautiful, well-maintained "chic" hotel. Great place to stay if you want a quiet, relaxing vacation with beautiful beaches and Friendly staff. Pricey rooms.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley E
Reviewed February 11, 2017 via mobile

I have been here many times and I was really looking forward to our brunch and New Year's Day stay. Sadly , the brunch was overpriced and very disappointing. There was only a modest selection and things were not very well presented. For the price I had expected much more selection, I also expected a beautiful presentation.
The service around the pool was first class as always and the views of the Ocean really are amazing that has not changed. I was also very unimpressed with the washrooms in the dinning room. They were dirty and need some upgrades . There is new ownership of this resort and they will need to step things up i they want to maintain their following and to charge the prices they do for this resort. Sadly the Cove is no longer my go to place on the Island. Now that there is competition at French Leave , hopefully this resort will step up to the plate

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank HEPM
Ashley S, Manager at The Cove Eleuthera, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2017

Thank you for your candid review. We are constantly striving to improve upon the guest experience and have shared your feedback with our culinary team. We hope to see you again soon for a better dining experience.