All reviewssushipaddle boardsharbour islandinfinity poolocean frontget awaybahama mamafood and drinksfishsunset barnespresso machinesip sipthe entire resortsnorkel gearnorth eleuthera airportthe cliffturn down service
Reviewed June 20, 2018

We had a lovely stay at The Cove celebrating a recent anniversary. We traveled without kids for the first time in more than a decade, so it was important to us that we find a spot to relax and recharge.

The Cove largely fit the bill. The positives -

* I have special dietary needs (celiac) and from the wait staff to the chef to the sushi chef, my needs were met with tremendous respect and professionalism. I was never made to feel like I was imposing. The sushi chef went above and beyond to assist me. Really - they knocked it out of the park where this was concerned.

* The food was delicious.

* The staff was gracious and helpful without being stuffy. They are really the heart of the resort.

* I loved being able to walk barefoot everywhere on property. I felt like I was at a very luxe summer camp. The grounds are well-maintained.

* Easy access to SUPs, kayaks and snorkel equipment.

The caveats -

* This is a small resort. I am very active and felt a little claustrophobic at times. The option given when I inquired about walking or biking was the main road outside the property. After watching how cars drove on that road in the short cab drive, well, that was not a viable option for me. If you are looking to take long walks on the beach together, this is not the place to go.

* The snorkeling was not very exciting and the equipment was hoarded by other guests. If you want to see brilliant reefs and sea life, this is not your place.

* The beaches are very cozy. Which is lovely. But when a smoker or smokers plant themselves at your beach (there are 2 - north and south) you literally cannot escape. Even going upwind doesn't always help, it's so intimate. This was a major disappointment for me as multiple smokers joined the resort on the 3rd day of our stay. I felt trapped. I was not the only one to complain. It would improve the resort tremendously if a plan were implemented to cordon off smoking in an area where it doesn't ruin the experience of the other guests.

* As others have said, our junior suite room was small and had very little furniture. We were hanging clothes everywhere and made do, but I'm not sure why there are literally zero drawers in the room. The space in the bathroom was even smaller without any counter space at all. We were balancing our belongings for our whole stay.

I wanted to give a special shout out to two staff members who went out of their way to provide great attention in a laid back way. Valencia in the restaurant and Ziggy on the beach went above and beyond - thank you!

Again, our stay was excellent and I would recommend The Cove, given I explained the caveats above.

Room Tip: All the rooms are close to the sea.
3  Thank thebestlaidplans
Ashley S, Manager at The Cove Eleuthera, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We are honored that you chose to celebrate your anniversary with us and we're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared your comments about your room and the beach with our operations team, as our guests' comfort is our top priority. We appreciate your kind words and have shared your comments with Valencia and Ziggy. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Our family of 5 unexpectedly stayed a night at The Cove when our outbound flight was cancelled. Best delay lodging we've ever had! Dinner was fantastic, the sushi was the best I've had. We enjoyed a morning swim in the infinity pool and then sun bathing and snorkeling. The staff was kind and attentive and the grounds were flawless. We are happy to have ended our vacation to Eleuthera at The Cove!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank M G

Thank you for your kind review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your overnight stay and hope to have you with us again for a longer visit in the future!

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Great Hotel, The Cove in Eleuthera Island- Bahamas.
Incredible location with fantástico private beaches and Amazing restaurant with gorgeous food.
The crew at the Hotel are gentle and helpful.
We stay for 4 days

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank CaitoM1

Thank you for your kind review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Simply one of the best getaway experiences I have ever had. The setting, the service, the food ... simply sublime. Whenever the opportunity arises, I will certainly return. This is the absolutely perfect place to get in touch with your inner self again. Highly recommendable.

Room Tip: I recommend the ocean front suite. The beach is only a few steps away.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review, Eduardo! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2018

tried The Cove for the first time last weekend. A beautiful spot with nice quiet beaches. Restaurant is amazing and the service is great. A true place to get away from it all in comfort.We will definitely be back

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back!