All reviews sushi paddle boards harbour island infinity pool ocean front get away bahama mama food and drinks fish sunset bar nespresso machine sip sip the entire resort snorkel gear north eleuthera airport the cliff turn down service
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

We were really looking forward to visiting The Cove. The pictures looked beautiful and it looked like just what we needed for a week of rest and relaxation.
Upon arrival we were taken to our room. It smelt damp and musty so I asked to change immediately ( I now realise there is absolutely no ventilation in the bathrooms hence the damp smell.) The hotel dealt with our request promptly and moved us. The second room also smelt (for reasons above) but we didn’t want to be difficult so dealt with it and decided to spend as little time in the room as possible. Unfortunately the bathroom had lots of mold, the grout was black and corners of the entire room, filthy. After 3 days and taking pictures to show reception, I couldn’t take it any longer and asked to move yet again!! The third room smelt a lot better. Upon moving the pillows, there was a huge row of thick dusk! And I mean THICK! I called reception and asked them to send housekeeping, who to their credit, dealt with it. But why should I as the guest be pointing this out? Why isn’t there a manager going round checking on standards?

One night at dinner, nothing I ordered on the menu was available. I ended up having my 4th choice of meal. At breakfast, no blueberries as advertised, no blender for the smoothies- apparently that broke a couple of weeks ago, no avocado for my eggs with avocado breakfast, the list goes on. We decided the expense of getting taxis to other restaurants was better than not being able to eat what you wanted in a supposedly fine dining restaurant.

I went to the gym daily and the same black dirty hand print marks on the white walls next to the water machine remained for the duration of my stay.The door handles into our room were filthy as was the rug on which the bed stood.

Rooms are not cleaned properly either. Bins not emptied, mirrors not cleaned.

After speaking to several guests at the pool, we all agreed that for the price you pay for food etc, the standards of The Cove are not satisfactory.
Other guest mentioned French Leave hotel which apparently has very high standards for the same price. A very short boat journey away is Harbour Island (5 mins) which has hotels such as The Pink Sands and The Dunmore. I asked to see a room at Pink Sands as we wish to return to The Bahamas in the new year. The room was immaculate not a spot of mold in sight. We ate at The Dunmore and the food was exceptional and I got my first choice of food!! If The Cove is to compete with these sort of hotels, it really needs to match their standards. Such a shame as the location is perfect for a romantic get away.

On another occasion, I heard two separate guests ask for the music by the pool to be changed to something more relaxing. It was dance/calypso music which is fine but the guests argued that it wasn’t relaxing. They were told “look he likes it” and pointed to a member of staff dancing. Oh okay, ignore the guests, as long as the staff are happy. The dance music continued.

Regarding the staff, they were all lovely and a credit to the place. Just a shame the cleanliness isn’t taken more seriously.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Nat994
Ashley S, Manager at The Cove Eleuthera, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations and have shared your comments with our guest services and housekeeping teams. We take your feedback to heart and hope you will return for a better experience in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

This place was incredible. Private beaches (2), great food (though expensive), friendly and accommodating staff. The rooms are clean and very beautiful. The staff does an excellent job helping you explore the town and restaurants if that is what you would like to do. I would come to The Cove again and again!

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Jason T, Managing Director at The Cove Eleuthera, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear KEC1988 We're so happy you had a great stay at The Cove! Thank you for your wonderful comments on the staff, food and location, I've passed these comments onto the team! Best wishes from all of us at The Cove!

Reviewed August 2, 2018

All I can do is rave about this place!! We stayed in the cottages and they were perfect for what we were looking for. Crisp, clean whites and natural wood colors. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in and our cottage eve had indoor and outdoor showers. The resort and the surroundings are absolutely beautiful! Food was incredible and staff went above and beyond! Cleveland mainly waited on us in the restaurant and was superb!! So congenial and nice. Everyone here was SO kind, genuine and caring! Ocarvio welcomed us to the resort and everything thereafter was unbelievable! Great spa experience. This is an amazing place to come for an anniversary or a more relaxed trip. We will definitely return.

I even got sick (ear infection) on the trip and the front desk staff brought an island nurse to see me on a Friday evening!!!

Exceptional! Exceptional! Exceptional!!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank phelmly

Dear Phelmly,

So thrilled you had a wonderful stay at The Cove, we look forward to having you come back again soon! Sending you our fondest regards from Eleuthera!

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

I don’t understand all the bad reviews...
You didn’t get in the property for dinner? Why didn’t you make a reservation?
You find it expensive? Go to Cuba
The service is excellent besides maybe an upset bartender.
Cleveland and Theo were our favourites.
Drinks are excellent and the property is beautiful. Rooms need to be freshen up.
Food is great.
The beaches are not the best on the island but you can always do a day trip to harbour island or Ten Bay Beach if you want something special.
We were there for our honeymoon and we believe it's a beautiful property

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

I came to Eleuthera for my anniversary. We wanted to go to the cove for lunch however upon driving through the gate we encountered the rudest security. First of all you can’t see the security booth to stop to it so one would think to drive through. I just happened to see it while already driving through and my husband stopped and reversed. The security approach was rude and then he tells us it’s a hotel we can’t go up there. I asked so we cannot go there he said no. We said ok and turned around. Upon leaving my husband asked him so if we wanted to go for lunch or dinner that’s not possible, he then says y’all want me to check? Are you serious? No we don’t. Please teach your security customer service. The gardener tried to help and we were like no thank you because he saw how rude the man was. To think I actually wanted to stay there.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Ashley S, Manager at The Cove Eleuthera, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

We are disappointed to hear that you felt you were treated with disrespect by our security guard and have addressed your comments with the entire security team. We pride ourselves on our warm and welcoming service and can assure you that what you encountered is not the norm. We hope you will return for a better experience in the future.