1,008 results
All reviews leisure centre lough allen kids club bar food both nights swimming pool outdoor hot tub horse riding lovely hotel family room buffet style night break family break short break lovely view games room food was lovely
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

I have just spent a night in this hotel with some friends! The food was amazing staff excellent atmosphere in the bar great because there was excellent entertainment. Would highly recommend and will definitely visit again well done Lough Allen !

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank nicolae551
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on 2 occasions. I don't want to completely slate Lough Allen as its a great hotel super location beautiful good..however, bedrooms could do with a good overhaul and update. Our room stank of smoke from previous guests. Curtains and carpets in bedrooms quite shabby. It's a pity, it seems this hotel has suffered badly in the recession. The watersports is a great addition. I would recommend as great value and great food. But be mindful of the rooms@

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Linda C
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

When we arrived in the hotel we were greeted in reception by Bernie a lovely lady, our room was lovely neat and tidy the food was top notch both breakfast and dinner the bar was big and cosy the swimming pool was super + a hotub, but most of all the staff were excellent and friendly and hard working so 10 out of 10 for all of them, it was my wife and myself first visit to the hotel
But we will be back so well done to all concerned

Tom and Irene ORiordan

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank KildareCourier
Reviewed September 6, 2018

Gorgeous hotel, fab staff, they really made our stay enjoyable. The family loved the swimming pool and I enjoyed the outdoor hot tub, great views across the lake and so relaxing. We ate in the hotel,it was lovely, with a great selection and lovely atmosphere. I had a sore back and the physio in the sports injury clinic was a great help. I was sorry we were only staying one night, we will be back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MadeleineForrest
Reviewed September 5, 2018

I brought my OH this time and we were given a nice big room on the 2nd floor. Its a tiny bit shabby but really that didn't take away from the comfort of the room. We were overlooking the lake so that was a nice added bonus. It was possible to open the windows which is always important to me as I love the fresh air both during the day and at night.

The hotel was extremely busy especially with a large number of families as it was the last few days before school. The bar was pretty busy at night and quite a lot of people had kept their children up late so it was noisy. We ate in the bar on one night but really the meal wasn't great.

The breakfasts were delicious with all the usual juices, fresh fruit, prunes, cereals, porridge on request and lovely hot tea. I had a facial again with Ursula and cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed it. A real treat! And it was great to see that there was no hard sell of their products!

I found Bernie on reception to be most helpful with advice on where to go and also directions. We travelled over to Sligo, Drumcliffe, Mullaghmore and Bundoran from this hotel with reasonably good roads. Carrick-on-Shannon is quite close and a lovely town. We also had a nostalgic visit to Lough Key Forest park where we used to bring the children years ago!

We didn't try the leisure centre so cant comment on it. We thoroughly enjoyed the music in the bar each night too and the singers were good! All in all I find this a most comfortable and charming hotel and not a bit stand-offish! I would definitely go back.

Date of stay: August 2018