Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
eDreams
1,131 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2019

I went for 5 days by myself in May 2019 to see this beautiful island and get to know the early history of Napoleon in the flesh. The hotel is about 15-20 minute drive from the airport where I picked up a hire-car and the commute was hassle-free and there are no 3 lane motorways on the island so there aren't enormous traffic jams.

The hotel staff were very friendly and were patient with my bad French so they were happy to banter with me and gave me a detailed run-down of the facilities and local points of interest.I wasn't staying to use the hotel facilities as I spent most of my time travelling the island or in the capital, Ajaccio; so I can't give a detailed review of the pool and entertainment etc.

The room (1st floor facing the street side) was clean and air-conditioned and the bathroom was nice with no faults to mention. The corridors in the hotel had no carpet or wallpaper, so sound from people and foot traffic could be heard which made it noisy at times. Room service was carried out every day while I was away. The food in the restaurant was buffet-style and the dinners were varied and each night had a "theme" which was interesting. I couldn't find anything wrong with the food and all the meat was cooked nicely and there was a good wine selection.The hotel is situated right next to the beach and nearby are a range of bars and restaurants ranging in price and quality but nowhere I found was a rip-off and it was nice to see them promoting local Corsican produce.

The main fault I have with this place is that in the bar there is entertainment which goes on to about 10pm which is fair enough for a resort hotel. However across the road there is a bar/club which is open-air and the sound made it difficult to sleep if you weren't shattered and the crowd and music would make a noise as late as 2am and 3am on the Saturday. There didn't seem to be any curfew in place for loud noises and this bar, about 250 yards from my window was making a racket. Fortunately for me, I go to bed late but for older people or those who sleep lightly, I recommend finding somewhere else to stay or request a room on the other side of the complex.

Overall, the price was reasonable and the facilities are good for a 3* establishment and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place for a short trip and it looks like families have many facilities available to them with plenty of activities for children, the place is also serene and quiet enough for couples who want to relax and enjoy a nice view of the bay and Ajaccio in the distance.

Room tip: Rooms on the beach side are quieter, especially at night.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2018

• Guestrooms are ridiculously tiny, feel like you’re stuck in a camper van. We got a family room, seemingly suitable for four, but couldn’t imagine staying there for several nights on holidays without being depressed.
• No soundproofed walls, you can hear everything happening in the neighbouring rooms.
• Gardens and landscaping areas are pretty well-maintained.
• The food selection at the breakfast buffet in the main restaurant was below standard, limited choice and average quality of food. The tables in the restaurant during breakfast are not set at all, left empty, you just get everything you need yourself from the buffet (incl. cutlery, plates, etc…). Feels like taking a meal at the staff canteen.
• The entertainment program and leisure activities seem to be organised regularly for tourists not looking for top-notch activities.

Room tip: Choose sea facing room and avoid family rooms.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RoccoSidomi
Reviewed October 3, 2018

We stayed there just one night to be close to the airport and was surprised by how nice it was for what I paid. I would stay there again.
There was a nice beach and entertainment out by the bar. Seemed to be full of retired people.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francineb50
marinaviva, Service Excursion at Hotel Club Marina Viva, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Hello,

We first would like to thank you for writing your opinion about us.
Actually, we are close from the airport, around 10-15 min by car, really practical for those who have an early plane.
We offer to our holiday makers a lot of activities in the hotel such as petanque, gym, fitness, cards game and also every nights a diffferent show is provided.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you again and why not for a longer stay.

Best regards,

Marina Viva's team

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Club Viva Marina was a late substitute for another hotel in Porticcio and came as a less than pleasant surprise. The accommodation is in 4 storey blocks around a central restaurant reception bar entertainment area, with rather bleak approaches. We were first offered a room on the top floor, no lift. The replacement was on the ground floor approached across an unattractive courtyard, and quite dark, though quiet and not affected by the nightly music which went on till very late (5am on one occasion). The room was basic and not clean enough. 2 ants nests, shabby blankets, a decaying banana hanging on the balcony wall and an empty spirit bottle wedged behind the A/C unit. Toiletries and towels were not replaced when needed. and Reception seemed very casual about any problems. No chairs on the balcony.
Breakfast and dinner served in a large buffet restaurant; noisy but efficiently staffed and the meals were acceptable, perhaps even above standard for this type of large buffet operation. The gardens were fairly unkept; we did not use the pool but it appeared adequate and popular.

Room tip: Get one away from the nightly loud music.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank simmotours
Reviewed May 7, 2018

We stayed at the apartment for two nights at the beginning of May. It was very basic.The sofa was full of stains, on the refrigerator is rust. There was a smell of moisture all the time. It was very cold at the apartment at night and not enough blankets. The complex was already full of people, so there was pretty loud. The pool looks nice, but we couldn't use it, because it was raining all the time. The receptor said that the water is heated to 19 degrees.

Location is good, nearby is long beach ( no natural shade ), many shops, restaurants and one supermarket. Ajaccio is also not far away. In my opinion there are many better places to stay in Corsica for the same price, so I don't recommend this one.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 277mia
marinaviva, Service Excursion at Hotel Club Marina Viva, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2018

Hello Mia,

First, we would like to thank you for taking time to write a commentary about your experience in Marina Viva.
We are sorry to read that your stay with us hasn't been as good as expected.
You didn't get chances because of the wether, when it's raining in Corsica it's kind difficult to visit.
Located in the center of Porticcio you can easily access shops & restaurants by foot, that's pratical for people who haven't a car.
You also can access Ajaccio by boat with the shuttle which does different rotation per day.
We hope that you will be back to visit our beautiful island and with luck during shiny holidays.

Best regards,