See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Slightly disappointing stay at Les Bergeries.
Some good aspects:
- beautiful gardens and lay out, rustic charm overall
- the staff is nice and reasonably efficient
Some bad ones:
- we turned up to have lunch the first day at 2.10pm, got a table, looked at the menu (which had four or five items - mainly salads and burgers), ordered at 2.15pm. The waiter then returned to say that in fact lunch is only served until 2pm so we were too late and could only have snacks (frankly the lunch menu was already more of a snack menu). Quite unacceptable. They told me the manager would come and see us at some point but he never bothered.
- Rooms are good size but quite sterile. No effort has been made in terms of decoration.
- swimming pool is nice but a bit small. In that part of the world you would have thought they could have gone for something larger.

All in all, at 1,100 euros a night (breakfast not included) this was not good value for money.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

A small Chateaux relais boutique hotel set in the countryside the other side of the road from the beach which is over 10 mins beautiful walk down a very rough path through the countryside but with no service there from the hotel. There were no beach chairs so towels on the sand and be prepared for a long walk to a bar to get a drink. The pool is small and cramped with deck chairs each side and overlooked by the restaurnet.
Staff are young and inexperienced but the chef really does the place proud. Try the beef for two, the fish, and the garden dessert the best I have ever hard!! The cottage style rooms are exceptional with lots of room, living room and beautiful terrace- sadly our hedge was too tall so no sea view.The manager is absolutely charming and could not do do enough to help with our stay. He has created a very relaxed atmosphere with a top class restaurent.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
herve m, Directeur général at Les Bergeries de Palombaggia, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like first of all to thank you once again for your stop in our house !
Many thanks for you very kind message ! We are so pleased to read you appreciate our restaurant with our Chief Jean Jacques Gauthier,
We will share your satisfaction and greetings,
King regards,
Herve.M

Reviewed September 11, 2017

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in room 8. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay. We thought the service was exceptional. We're English and our French is terrible - but the staff were very helpful and patient with us. We appreciated the shuttle service to the beach restaurants (although they were busy and crowded and food average). The room was clean and well serviced. I would have preferred a more powerful hairdryer as it took ages to dry my hair standing in front of a bathroom mirror. I would have also preferred a bit more of a dressing table in the main bedroom as I don't like doing hair and make up in the bathroom. We had an outdoor seating area which was nice - but only one sun lounger for the two of us.. perhaps a sofa might have been better. Our room was serviced very quickly and was well stocked. We could have done with the use of a beach bag to take our stuff to the beach - there is a private access gate to the beach. We realised too late that the hotel would have done a picnic for us if we requested it. This is a small hotel - but private and peaceful. The food was great. Breakfast was okay - not the usual English fry up... but perfectly adequate for us. We enjoyed the rustic atmosphere and we would visit again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tanith F
Reviewed July 29, 2017

What can we say about this exceptional location except all 5 stars deserved! Phillip Chabroulin the General Manager and staff has spared no expense in making sure our needs weren't only met but exceeded.The restaurant onsite was truly gastronomic with delicious courses in a candle lit romantic setting outside overlooking the infinity pool and deep blue Mediterranean Sea. We absolutely melted in relaxation. A short walk to one of the best beaches(Palombaggia) in Europe was a easy...fear not though they also offer a ride using their vehicle at your disposal. Superb! A must stop and stay if ever heading to this gorgeous island of beauty. Safe travels!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank soundbleu
Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights, on our wedding night and the night before.
Nothing wrong with the room, nice pool area however for a 4* star hotel, the service was almost inexistant.
Wifi was not working in the public areas. So we asked about it during breakfast and the answer was 'that's the way it is'.
Ants all over the floor during breakfast. Answer to that: "the plants attract ants, thats the way it is".
We asked for a boat service, not possible.
We asked to organize a lunch around the pool inviting some friends from outside the hotel who would make use of the pool: not possible.
We have both worked in 5* hotels and we learned that service is the most important aspect of a guests stay. It was definitely missing in this establishment...

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank carolien7171
DirectionBP, Directeur général at Les Bergeries de Palombaggia, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Dear carolien7171,

We thank you for your comment on our hotel, even though it is quite negative for our staff. If you have this feeling, that means that we need to improve.

As you have both worked in a 5 star hotel, we agree on one point, service is the most important aspect. As you were professional in hotel industry, I am just a bit surprise that you have not said anything or asked.

Unfortunately, I confirm that the pool is reserved for our guests staying at the hotel. I remember that you asked the Maitre D to reserve a table for 9 people for lunch (like a bachelor party) and using the pool. It is right that we cannot accept people from outside to use the pool otherwise our guests from the hotel will not have enough space. If you stay at hotel, it is important for us to keep space for them, as they pay for their room and facilities.

I feel sorry to answer you here, but to be fair and we understand your disappointment, facts are also crucial to understand your comment.
You asked for a boat. We do not own any boat, so we called different companies. I confess that nobody wanted to rent you a boat at 4 o’ clock in the morning after the wedding party (which was set in restaurant on the beach and not related to the hotel). The reason was, it was not secure to coast on the beach especially in the middle of the night with no deck.

For ants, we will pay attention to put more chemical .

Anyway, when I started to read your words, I was thinking about Celine Dion’s song That’s the way it is. As the song is on positive way and as you got married, we wish you the best and a long life fulfilled with love.