See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 26, 2017

From October 5th to October 7th we planned to stay a couple of days in Porto-Vecchio after we had visited the north of Corsica to make the village our home base to explore the south.
As I was tired of driving, we took one of the first hotels entering Porto-Vecchio.
The Alcyon has truly a splendid view from the roof top bar and the breakfast served there was rich and tasty. I also drunk my most expensive Casanis there (€5).
Now to the bad news: our standard room left no room for our two suitcases, a bedside lamp was broken, the shower was leaking terribly onto the bathroom floor and the wardrobe was cheaper than from IKEA.
Now to the worst news: Inside the wardrobe, there was a safe that was closed and locked, so I called the reception to send somebody to open it with the administrative code. Instead, I was told to enter "000000". This worked indeed and the door opened! However, it also worked after I had entered my personal secret code!! So anybody entering the room (aka cupboard) knowing this freely given administrative code could rob my belongings.
When I told the receptionist, she answered that after entering the admin code, my code would not work anymore so I would know that somebody opened the safe (stealing my goods)… I replied that I rather would need a safe place for my money and documents then know that they were stolen…
She promised she would tell the direction about it but I advise you to try the "000000" code before trusting your belongings to these hotel safes.
We left after two nights and afterwards we asked to see the rooms before booking into another hotel.

Room tip: Our standard room with panorama view had a window the size of a bull's eye. The view itself was great.
Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed September 24, 2017

We stayed 3 nights in residence Alcyon. We had a beautiful, very clean, spacious apartment, with a big terrace. Everything you need is there, dish washer, washmachine, a lot of kitchenware, big dressingroom, cleaning every day, just everything, but still we missed something....There was nothing outside to just sit and relax. Yes there was a big table and 4 chairs on the private terrace, but this chairs are not made to relax. And in the garden, there is nothing provided either. The Residence is part of the hotel Best Western Alcyon, just a few minutes away. There you have to pick up the key. I must say that there is a very kindly and helpful lady at the reception desk, who is doing everything to please you. So at the top of the hotel, there is a terrace with bar and a wonderful view, but this opens only at 17h. The lady at the reception was so kind to offer us twice to open the roof terrace in the afternoon, so that we could sit there in the sun, in an easy seat and we loved that! So thank you very much to allow us to catch the sun there. Location of the Residence is very good, very close to the centre, but it is a bit of a climb when you have to come from the busstation. If you arrive with the bus from Ajaccio, you can ask the driver to stop, next to the Residence, so you skip the climb.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed September 21, 2015

We made a last minute reservation for two nights for 3 people. We were used to small rooms but this was a beauty. two bedrooms for the same price of just one room in the main hotel. Balconies galore. Not in the hotel, removed by about a 5 minute walk, but who cares, this place was nice. Rather be here than at the main hotel. The place had a large living room and two really nice bathrooms (in the bedrooms). Kitchen as well with dishwasher and washing machine for clothes (no dryer but hanger available). I was impressed. The garage has a really steep hill so best of luck to driver when rolling in and then parking (difficult for big American car drivers). Wifi was strong. Overall, great, compared to choppy internet service and small rooms we encountered throughout Corsica. Best Western is a luxury brand out there and it clearly shows.

Room tip: All the rooms were big but some have amazing views. Ask for those
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2015 via mobile

Really nice, clean and modern apartments. They are equipped with everything you need and each apartments has a big balcony with a table. We were also happily surprised by the fact that the cleaning lady comes every day even though it is a self catering apartment. The only negative is that some kitchen basics are missing like a sponge, soap, and a tee towel! Highly recommend this place!

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed September 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed 5 nights in Aug 2014 in one of their one bedroom apartments which are located in a separate location 150 metres from the hotel . We arrived at the apartment complex but there was no manned reception which was very confusing . Thankfully another guest took us physically to the main hotel for the check in. Over the next few days we realised that this "confusion" was a regular problem and found ourselves helping other "lost" guests.All that is need ed to fix is a big appropriate sign on the unmanned office. Another irksome problem is the "how to " operation or non operation( for a few hours one day) of the sliding underground car park gate system which became a laughing stock at times. Positives were that the apartment was clean modern and of good size. Strangely enough it was short on comfort. The lounge was uncomfortable and there were no easy going comfortable chairs inside or on the terrace. Surely the designers should think about this aspect and not be so clinical in their approach and then sleep there for a night to test regards roger

Date of stay: August 2014