See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 30, 2016 via mobile

Looking for a place to stay overnight on drive from Spain to Northern France, we found this place just off Exit 5 of the A10.
It is simple, inexpensive and no frills. The room was clean, tidy and basic and just what was needed.
The staff were excellent and very helpful. Our Receptionist spoke excellent English.
Breakfast was the usual continental style but there was plenty to eat.
Parking is easy and there is ample space.
The hotel also seems to cater well for families with young children (there were a number of youngsters there).
Only note of wariness is that the pillows were thin as was the quilt. That said though the room was plenty warm enough not to worry about the thinness.
Anglet is not far from the Biarritz and Bayonne area is South West France.
I thoroughly recommend this hotel for a short overnight stay. At the time of our visit a room (with either a double bed or two singles) was €41.50 per night and breakfast about €6.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2014

Booked 2 rooms (one invalid) direct with the hotel as we needed to know we could take 3 dogs. The hotel isn't that easy to find and we went past it. Given 2 rooms very close to reception, good when travelling wih a puppy. Rooms were clean and spacious and a good night's sleep was had. Grass areas round the hotel for walking the dogs although a torch was necessary.
Tricky getting back on to the motorway in the morning due to heavy traffic.

Room Tip: Invalid room and bathroom plenty big enough for dogs/grates.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was on a long cycle tour and due to bad weather reserved here for two nights. Out of town basic motel which served its purpose in providing dry shelter, but at a very basic level

When I arrived at 2pm the reception was closed till 5. Try as I might with the electronic checkin I could not get it to recognise my reservation (2 nights) so I went online on my phone, cancelled that and did a new booking for one night on the hotel's door system. A blessing in disguise as I would not have wanted to spend more than minimum time there

The room is small, basic with a plastic cabin bathroom which is functional but with zero charm. The room carpet was brown which helped hide some grubby stains, and the bare walls needed a lick of paint. Wifi coverage was poor in my room.

Not a palace at all....

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jmccuk
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were charged a 106 euro for 2 poor rooms for 2 adults and 3 children aged 12,11 and 9 even though the Anglet Tourism booklet qouted a rate of 40-50 euro. The beds were small and narrow and the bathrooms were small with no ventillation with only 1 tap to use between the shower and the sink ie to use the sink you had too hold the shower hose in your hand which was very difficult when cleaning teeth etc. The rooms were also poorly ventillated and with only a side opening window which left us very insecure on the ground floor. A most unpleasant first night in Anglet. Don't go there. EVER.

Room Tip: Dont go there. EVER
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Alli M
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I am not happy to give hotels less than good marks however this hotel really was a lot less than a palace. To be honest the best parts of the hotel was the car park and the staff.
At arrival at the hotel at 2pm the doors were locked and the pin number provided on the reservation had no impact. Next to the main door was a computerised check in after a little effort we were able to check in and obtained a door key allowing us to check in.

The entrance lobby was tired and threadbare and a little scruffy.

Our room (No 7) was dirty and very scruffy to the extent that we were uncomfortable to just be in it.The furnishings in the room were very basic and scruffy, the walls and carpets dirty and stained. We found food crumbs on the floor and dirt and dust on the skirting. The pillows supplied with the room were (one each bed) were poor quality and very thin. When we requested additional pillows we were told they could only find one other so I had to rummage in the car to use my own cushion.
Deciding a cup of tea and coffee might make things a little more acceptable we purchased one of each from the machine in the lobby. Both of the drinks were weak and tasteless and not much better than washing up water.

On checking in a receipt was not given by the machine so I requested one from the staff on duty, unfortunately they were unable to print a copy???
I explained my concerns and was offered a choice of 3 other rooms which unfortunately were all just as bad as No 7. We returned to our room and finding there was no air conditioning we opened the window but found that although we got more fresh air the noise from children playing outside was annoying.
When our dissatisfaction and complaints were made to the duty staff we were told if we chose a cheap hotel these were the standards we should expect, this was not supported when we went to a hotel of the same group in Le Mans on the following night which was less expensive.

The breakfast was minimal and very basic in its preparation and presentation not worth even the €5.00 charged.

I will not use this hotel again. And rate it very low.

Room Tip: If you want a good room use another Hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family