I will dispense with my only negative comment first: I am not large (5'8" or 173cm; 160lb or 73kg), but had I dropped the soap in the shower, I would have had to turn off the water and open the door to bend over to retrieve it! Too small for comfort, although it worked out just fine...and I kept a firm grip on the soap.
Our room at the top of the tower was large and very comfortable, with a great bed. Other family members used another large room for two, and an even larger suite with two bedrooms for two adults and two young children. All the rooms were very nice: spotlessly clean and comfortable, as well as larger than average, even though with basic level decor.
We ate one dinner in the restaurant, by default: not much is open in Sarlat in January. However, that was a good thing; it was one of the two best meals we had in a week in France. It would be worth going out of the way to dine there, and we were lucky it was right under our feet.
Breakfast at €10 was better than average for hotel breakfasts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel provides 26 rooms including 5 family ones. All different with integrated comfort, you will feel like visiting a friend in the county. Alone, as a couple, with your family or with a group, the hotel will welcome you all year long ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel La Couleuvrine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Couleuvrine Sarlat Canéda
- La Couleuvrine Hotel Sarlat Canéda