All reviews old town a large public car park street noise side road croissants free parking foie gras and duck public lot would stay here again hot water stayed here for three nights cold cuts rue de la republique third floor easy access double bed dordogne region
Reviewed August 14, 2017

I stayed here one night in mid-June. I arrived hours after I intended to find the hotel lobby closed; the owners had very kindly left me a note on the door about how to gain entry, so all was well. My room was spotlessly clean and quite picturesque with old beams running through the ceiling. The hotel is quiet, air-conditioned and a great bargain well under other hotels in Sarlat. Breakfast is a good value buffet including cheeses, cold cuts and cereals as well as the usual croissant and bread. Hotel de Montaigne is 10 minutes walk from the Cathedral and bulk of restaurants. I've already booked my return stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

Only downside was that they do not open until 5pm on a Sunday night. Free parking available just around the corner but the Square in front is limited and with charges. Spotlessly clean. Lift available. My first twin room was No 12 and there was a buzzing noise from the fuse box and the shower wasn't great. They moved me to room 1 and that was very quiet and comfortable. My friend had a lovely double room on the first floor No 14. Our other friend was on the top floor. Not sure what No but could not pick up the free Wifi. Her room was fine apart from that though. Great location to walk into town. Breakfast was very nice.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2016

Stay here was practical as it was an easy walk to the old town and the market. Standard room was clean and the breakfast buffet was good. Nothing to shout about....but most of the time is spent out and about.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2016

The Hotel Montaigne staff are exceptionally friendly and speak excellent English. Their breakfast spread is one of the best I've encountered in France. Our room was spotless and a good size by European standards. Best of all, the hotel is nicely situated within easy walking distance of the downtown with easy access to the outstanding Saturday market.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Toasty111
Reviewed November 1, 2016

We very much enjoyed our stay here. The location is ideal, about a block away from the old town area. Our room was a bit larger than the European average, and although not fancy, was clean and comfortable. We had a room on the premier étage that over looked the parking lot in front. The wi-fi was a bit spotty in our room but was strong when sitting in a small lounge on the same floor just down from our room. There is an elevator available. The hotel offered a laundry service which we took full advantage of. They gave us a plastic bag into which we crammed a week's worth of clothing. The laundry was delivered back the next day, nicely folded and clean, for only 16 euro. This saved us spending a few hours at a laundromat and was well worth it. Breakfast was the standard buffet. The owner, his wife, and another employee we encountered spoke English and were always friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple