Novotel Saint Brieuc Centre Gare
  • Restaurant
Hotel de Clisson(Saint-Brieuc)
US$93
US$90
Hotel Au Chene Vert(Plerin)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$70
Hotels.com
Blue Hotel St. Brieuc(Tregueux)(Great Value!)
US$42
Ker Izel Hotel(Saint-Brieuc)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Relais de Beaucemaine(Saint-Brieuc)
All reviewsexecutive roomcar parkone nightdesignbedparking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Check in was problematic and not helped by the attitude of the General Manager.

The hotel had acceded to my upgrade request, and had allocated me an "Executive 2" room , for the price of a "superior" (= standard room).

The problem with the Executive 2 room was that the wardrobe space for hanging clothes was only about 10 cm. wide. This is a joke. Whoever designed the interior of this room needs psychiatric treatment !!!

It transpired that the only way to get more wardrobe space was to renounce my free upgrade and take a "superior" (= standard) room, in which case I got 20 cm. of wardrobe space.

I agreed to this, but then the General Manager (obviously annoyed that I was dis-satisfied with the room0, decided to intervene and make difficulty, telling me that the price would be different, and if I didn't like it I could go elsewhere. In fact this was nonsense, because I was now taking the same type of room that I had booked. The receptionist took no notice of him. After a considerable delay, I eventually got checked in.

If it wasn't for the disastrous wardrobes and the General Manager's behaviour, I might have rated this hotel as excellent.

The parking costs €7 per day and the hotel does not own the car park. However, be aware that the exit barrier is usually left open at night, so it might be a good idea to check whether this is the case, before paying. Some of the parking spaces reserved for hotel clients are not conveniently near to the car park elevator. There is nothing to stop hotel clients from using a public space.

The restaurant is very good, but the menu is not very extensive. Service is usually good but there was one day where I had to wait 12 minutes for service. The breakfast buffet offers all the usual choices, but I didn't like the look of the sausages and bacon, which looked rather grey in colour and undercooked.

With the exception of the stupid wardrobes (you get more wardrobe space in an Ibis), the rooms were clean and functional. There wasn't much desks pace, but the walls are 1 metre thick, so the windows have big windowledges which can be used as "overflow" desk space.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Novotel S, Directeur général at Novotel Saint Brieuc Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thanks for your commentary and "your quotation".

I took good notes of your remarks, but you weren't obliged to be so unpleasant with lots of our contributors. i have just defended them.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Not really crazy about this hotel. Staff was very nice but didn't like the room. We had an executive room, the bed was really uncomfortable, the room was dark as they had painted it dark, bright colors (not peaceful). Bathroom was great though and very bright and beautiful. Standard one night French hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Novotel S, Directeur général at Novotel Saint Brieuc Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dears guest,

I'm so sorry toread that you didn't like our décoration witch is veru often liked.

your 6/10 is a sanction for my team.

Best regards

Reviewed 26 October 2017

The hotel is very well located between the station and the main shopping street, all in walking distance. Cars can be parked in the underground parking below the square for 7 euros per 24hrs. The hotel is really nicely decorated and very modern with walls of brick showing in certain parts of the hotel as well as the bedrooms. The room is very stylish with a massive wide screen tv and a beautiful rain shower. However, after an 8 hour drive from Belgium I decided to have dinner in the restaurant called L'Amiral. The food was really below standard for a hotel like this. I chose the onion tartelet as a starter which was rather tasty but it came with a side of very withered (black) lettuce. The main course was the scallops which were tiny and overdone served on a bed of some very dry and fibrous diced vegetables. Additionally I almost choked on the red plastic like garnish which I think was a grilled tomato peel. It was most horrible. Prior to the meal I ordered a gin tonic which was served in a tall glass with no garnish. I suggest a lot more effort needs to be inserted into presentation in this part of the hotel. I did get my parking refunded as well as 50% off my food following my complaint. The staff are very friendly and helpful

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

dears guests,

Thanks for your commentary.

I apologize for the restaurant.
My team will be happy to read you about his helpul.

julien Lefebvre

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Is Novotel St Brieuc perfect ? Nothing is perfect in this world. But if you want to have an enjoyable stay, a delicious meal, a lovely staffs keen to help and serve you with a great sense of friendship, don't hesitate and make a reservation right now. The architecture and design of the hotel (a former military barracks) is simple (if you are fan of Trump Tower, NYC, you will be disappointed, but if you like Japanese or Danish pure line, you get the point) and very modern. The room are big, very clean, very confortable. We stayed 3 nights, have a dinner, breakfast and an unforgettable brunch on Sunday. The buffet was amazing and can challenge all brunch at the 5 stars hotels at Shanghai, Hongkong, Bangkok...About the price, no doubt, it is the cheapest. No matter for dinner, breakfast : the quality of the food is on the top. We have no time free to enjoy the swimming pool, but it seems quite good. We choose to stay at Saint Brieuc because it's easy to go to visit all the famous city around : Locronan, Perros-Guirrec, Dinan, Dinard, Saint-Malo...With a short drive you can visit all these famous and beautiful cities around and more (Mont Saint Michel is also near) so you don't have to checkout everyday if you stay longer. The environment of the hotel is very quiet and you will sleep deeply thanks to the confort of the bed. So book, now.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Novotel S, Directeur général at Novotel Saint Brieuc Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dears guest,

It was a real pleasure to host you in our beautiful new Novotel.

i'm happy to read that you have appreciated our first brunch.
we were pround to organise it.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Normally I do not like to stay in Novotel, prefer smaller and more personnalized hotels.
Tried this renovated Novotel and was really impressed !
Nice building, indoor swimmingpool excellent.
Good and quite room.
Very good breakfast.
Location very convenient.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Novotel S, Directeur général at Novotel Saint Brieuc Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dears guests,

Thanks a lot for your commentary and your quotation.

i'm happy to read that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel.