“New and Modern Near Roissy Airport - NOT fully open”

Relais Spa Paris-Roissy CDG
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Kihei, Hawaii
“New and Modern Near Roissy Airport - NOT fully open”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed one night here prior to flying out on an early morning flight. The hotel is brand new and modern and I have no complaints about parking, the room or the interior. I do have an issue with the hotel being listed as 5 stars at this time. Maybe in the future when it is completely open it will be 5 stars, it certainly is not now. There are no operating kitchen restaurants at the hotel and no room service. I take that back - there is room service but only items that can be prepared cold or in a microwave. For the price I was charged, I'd like to order a hot meal or at least be able to eat inside the hotel. Also - if you are looking to enjoy the spa...it isn't open yet. It is a good, clean place to stay - just know what you are buying.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2012

A new, comfortable, good size room. It is a good hotel if you need to stay close to CDG. I struggled a little bit at the airport because I had to wait the shuttle bus for 30 min but the travel from the hotel to the airport was no problem.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Enschede, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Because we scheduled a rendez vous near Charles de Gaulle huge airport. It was in the week before Christmas so not very busy. But we were welcomed by a deskofficer with a broad smile and very efficiently recognized and handed our keys to a clean nice decorated room with a comfortable bathroom. The newley opened Restaurant Flo had a nice atmosphere, very friendly waiters and delicious food served in a pleasant tempo. The wine list is interesting and because we could order 15 cl wine in accordance with our dishes enjoyable.
We recommend this hotel for every traveller to and from CDG even to Paris because transport is nearby and easy.

Room Tip: we were lodged on the first floor and to our satisfaction
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diderico
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I stayed at RSPR CDG for a week while on business in Paris this December. As a frequent traveler to Paris, I normally thumb my nose (literally) while accepting to pay the high price for what are otherwise low quality/price ratio hotels in Paris. However, this time I decided to stay near CDG in hope of getting a higher quality/price ratio while accepting the hassle of commuting daily by shuttle/train to Paris. While I did end up paying less for a room that would have otherwise cost double or more in Paris, the overall quality of the experience was unfortunately quite low! To begin on the positive side, the personnel at the reception were really nice and helpful by any standard, let alone Parisian standards! The room was spacious (also by Parisian standards) with a nice mini kitchenette, and washroom featuring separate tub and stand up shower cabin. I also found the location to be quite pleasant being in a nice and quiet area, about five minutes walk to the centre of the cute village of Roissy where you can find a couple of grocery stores, a mini outdoors market, and best of all a small bakery shop that sold some of the best butter croissants, chaussons aux pommes, and baguettes that I have ever tasted.
Unfortunately, these otherwise positive impressions were ruined by a number of negative issues that the hotel needs to immediately address if they wish to establish a strong reputation and become a competitive hotel in this impressively crowded CDG hotel market . I see that some reviews have talked about the shuttle problems but having taken a cab from the airport my first issue was actually with the room itself. As soon as I walked in I noticed that the room was not well prepared for the next guest. The two side by side twin beds appeared to be made in a rush with the decorative mini cover sheets above the feet area of the mattress laid at an angle rather than straight across and with a visible stain on one of them. The closet shelves were dusty in some spots and the floor did not appear to be thoroughly wiped clean. The second day of my stay, upon my return to the room in the evening I noticed that the kitchen counter was not cleaned while bathroom towels were missing. I called the reception and was told that the problem will be rectified immediately but an hour or more later nothing came so I decided to go see the receptionist who apologized profusely and went and brought a full set of towels. Unfortunately, the exact same problem occurred the next day except this time the towels were delivered to the room less than 5 minutes after the call was made.
My biggest issue with this hotel notwithstanding all of the above was indeed with the shuttle! Being there for 7 days and having to commute to Paris every morning and returning usually later in the evening I obviously had to rely on the shuttle instead of cabs. The trip in the morning from the hotel to the RER train station (Roissypole or T2) was never an issue, with shuttles available every half hour if not less and with a high degree of reliability and very nice, helpful and friendly drivers. Unfortunately, the evening trip was a totally different story. Except for the first evening where the driver was actually waiting at Roissypole when I arrived, there was an issue every subsequent evening with either the shuttle not showing up after 45-50 minutes of waiting or as in one case when I was waiting inside Roissypole on a rainy evening, the shuttle came and went without even making a full stop so that by the time I walked outside to try to catch it, it was already gone! And every evening I made a point of calling the hotel to ask about the shuttle and was told a different story. On my last night I decided to talk to the hotel manager about this but could only convey my message through the young man working the night shift at the reception. He informed me that some serious measures are being taken to address the shuttle issues and that the other issues I brought to their attention over my 7-day stay are being looked into very seriously. I can only hope that they do and once/if, I will return there for my next trip and will probably rate them much higher but for now it saddens me to rate my overall experience with only a passing C.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Nice hotel with nice service. When I was travelling in summer 2011, only one wing of the hotel was open. It was nice clean hotel near the airport. Quite nice surroundings - park in 5 minutes walking distance. Quite a few restaurants and 2 supermarkets in 10-15 min walking distance.
Overall, the hotel is good to stay for one night to catch the plane in the morning.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This hotel was selected for me by someone from my company. As I was going to be on a brief layover in Paris, the person thought this would be a nice treat. Given the 140 euro price tag and the number of other hotels on the same road (Hilton, Millenium, Holiday Inn, etc.), we should have saved our money.

The hotel is new and does not currently have a restaurant. Too far away from Paris, it's either eat in the bar at the Relais or walk to one of the nearby hotels. The bar, unfortunately, has approximately 10 items on the menu.

Breakfast is supplied -- it is set up in one of the hotel's conference rooms.

The rooms are OK, but nothing special.

Free Internet, coffee machine in the room, comfortable bed, a nice shower and good towels allow me to rate this hotel a 3.

• Stayed October 2011
Fort Collins Co
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed here one night prior to an early flight next day back to Boston. Check-in was smooth; desk personnel helpful and friendly. Room was HUGE wth a mini cooking area with m-wave, rangetop, minfrige, mini dishwasher, pots, pans, place seting, and all utensils.Bothg the bedroom, minikitchen, and bathrooms were immaculate. Bath had an enclosed shower stall as well as a separate bath tub. Room lighting was perfect. No restaurant as of our stay in Oct 2011but light snacks were availble in bar - where the service was quite slow and quite pricey! This hotel, unlike other hotels of comparable quality, forces you to pay for use of the lobby computers that are attached to printers!!! And then charges you for each page printed. Granted a 2 page boarding document won't break the bank but, given the high cost of this place, one would have thought that the hotel could afford to provide ths service for free. The wifi in room was fine but some of us don't have a carry-along printer of have an iPhone or droid with which to capture the boarding document. Big ratings downgrade for me because of this issue!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple