“Not up to Hyatt standards, among other things”

Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Boston, MA
“Not up to Hyatt standards, among other things”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed the night before an early flight out, and was quite disappointed. Hyatt Gold member, chose with the expectations that usually come with Hyatt (the 2 star rating is judged against what I have come to expect from Hyatt).

Nobody at check in, my pregnant wife had to get a luggage cart on her own when we pulled up. Eventually a porter came out and insisted on helping against our wishes at that point (we did not tip). I had to return the car, received bad directions from the front desk. It was also pouring outside and the hotel had no umbrellas. The room itself was fine. If I wanted to get my own luggage out and use my jacket as an umbrella, I could get a 'fine' room elsewhere at a lot less money.

The meeting planner I had worked with in Paris told me to book the Sheraton next time. It is right on the airport, no shuttles to worry about (FYI, if you have a decent amount of luggage, the Hyatt shuttle does not drop you off at the int'l terminal, you still have to take the airport shuttle). Have to go back in a few months, should I stay at the airport again, may try the Sheraton but will not go back the Hyatt. Always trust the meeting planners that travel for a living!

Room Tip: I am a gold member at Hyatt, but wasn't given a gold room. Apparently not valid with promotions...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dd0443
Gautier-Py, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear dd0443,

We would like to thank you for having chosen the Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle for your last visit and for having taken the time to share your experience via TripAdvisor.

Let me first congratulate you and your wife for your futur birth!!

Following your Stay, I was really sorry to learn about the experience you had about your check-in and the service in general. I really would like to express my sincere apologies.

You may rest assured that following your feedback, I have shared your feedback with all our employees.

Please accept once again our sincere apologies. We really hope that you will give us another chance and if this is the case may I ask you to contact me directly so I can take the necessary arrangements.

With best wishes & regards

Gautier Py

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver USA
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed one night before an early flight out of CDG.

The first room we were assigned was a smoking room which smelled just horrible. The front desk was kind enough to send a porter to move us. The second room had a breathable atmosphere and was quiet, but became unbearably warm overnight. We turned down the thermostat until it was set at 10 degrees Celsius, but the room was closer to 27 degrees C, or about 80 F. The temperature dropped slightly when we turned off the fan to keep more hot air from blowing in. Basically, it was too hot to sleep.

Why not just get another room? It was late and we were getting up in just a handful of hours, we were tired, plus we had already opened our luggage and set everything out for the morning and we did not want to run the risk of another smoking room.

The rooms themselves had lovely beds, but were otherwise old and worn. The design of the property is good, but it needs to be refurbished. The water temperature in the shower changed a lot - randomly going from nicely warm to tepid or chilly and back. There was no ice bucket in the room and when we checked at the ice machine, there were no buckets or bags there either.

The first room had a bottle of water set out for us with a bottle opener. The second room did not. I assume this is the amenity for Platinum guests. There is a possibility they give amenities and better rooms to Diamond members. They did not offer wireless internet and when I looked in the guest services directory I found three rates for internet ranging from .1 Euro per minute to something like 12 Euros per hour (for wireless internet??).

The staff were very polite and professional. The room service sandwich was great but for $30 it should be.

Next year we will not stay here and if we have an early flight out we will take a taxi.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EWT4
Gautier-Py, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear EWT4,

Let me thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was very sorry to learn about the situations you had with the room condition and I have shared your feedback with the different concerned Departments.

Please accept my most sincere apologies about this Situation.
I really hope that this experience will not affect the trust you have shown towards Hyatt and that you will give us the opportunity to improve your judgment about our hotel.

May I please ask you to contact me directly next time you would like to stay in the Airport area so I can offer you the best conditions and take the necessary arrangements.

The Team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Rye, New York, USA
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Thanks to my Hyatt points my wife, daughter and I were able to spend a night at this beautiful, modern hotel before flying home from a Parisian vacation. Regular prices for rooms, food and drinks are definitely designed for people on expense accounts, but if you've got the moolah or points its a gorgeous facility and the service is top notch. Nice workout facility and pool. Terrific shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank David H
Gautier-Py, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Tom Hessen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to learn that your wife, daughter and you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and I have shared your great feedback with the Team.

Thank you again and we all hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back very soon.
If this is the case, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards

Soleuvre, Luxembourg
Reviewed 16 April 2012

stayed one night to visit the expo (2km away). no shuttle provided by the hotel even though was a very important expo. they called a taxi, we were 2min late and the driver didnt wait, so had to call another one and waited 10min! plus parking for our car at the hotel was very expensive!!
receptionist girl at check-in was clearly flirting with my companion (not very professional), girl at check-out was extremely kind and professional!
booked a superior room, but honestly room was quite dull, not very well kept. only good point is bed linen, very soft and bed very comfy!
no free WiFi and too expensive to buy credit for 24h. for what you pay for the room it should come for free as WiFi is practically a very small expense for the hotel itself (i have worked for various hotels and know the facts).
restaurant buffet was really good, so good points for that at least.
i would not stay there again though..... id rather go to a motel next time, at least I know what to expect and will pay lot less.

Room Tip: do not pay extra for a superior room, it is useless, you get nothing for that extra money and room i...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank dhiguthila
Dear Ramscubora,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us.

I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay on this occasion and I have noted your different comments.
Regarding your comments about the rooms, our first level is called “Deluxe” and if you pay a supplement, you then enjoy the Regency Club Room level which gives you access to an executive lounge with free Wi-Fi, snacks and drinks.
It is our utmost priority to ensure that our Internet Wi-Fi system is safe for our Guests so a special IT company is in charge of our entire internet network to make sure all your data are not accessible while you are using the Wi-Fi in the Hotel. Also we are investing in June on the whole Hotel Internet system in order to increase the speed and the quality of the Wi-Fi with a hotspot in each hotel room.

I sincerely regret your decision of not staying again in our Hotel, however if you decide to give us another opportunity, do not hesitate to contact me, I would really love to take care of your reservation.

With best wishes and regards

Reviewed 12 April 2012 via mobile

This was my second visit to this hotel as a diamond member. Its worth becoming diamond because at this hotel, you get free alcohol, snacks as well as internet in the lounge. Its a great location to either walk to Roissy or catch the free shuttle to the airport and go downtown. Perfect hotel for the business traveller!!!!!

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Murunner2000
Gautier-Py, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear Murunner2000,

Thank you so much for your great feedback, I am really happy to read your nice review.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your Stay for your second visit and especially the Shuttle Service to the Airport and the service in our Regency Club. For your information, we have also a daily bus from the Hotel which goes to Paris at 10am and comes back at 6pm.

The Team and I really look forward to welcoming you back in a very near future and please let me know as I would be very pleased to meet you.

Warm regards

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great choice for an early morning flight. Clean and modern, and also very quiet. I broke my ankle during my vacation, and the staff was ready with a wheelchair as I came into the hotel. Everyone on staff was friendly and accomodating. I selected this hotel because it had a restaurant and I didn't want to have to eat out. The restauant was a bit pricey, but handy under the circumstances. I'd recommend if you're looking for a nice hotel that is close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank PMKF
Dear PMKF,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your visit at the Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle.

I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and I have shared your comments to our Team.

Thank you again for your feedback and I really hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle very soon.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance in future.

With best wishes and regards

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Pluses.
Exceptional concierge service and checkin welcome
Pleasant club lounge but limited food and beverage selection
The airport BUS efficient and friendly.
Complimentary late 6pm checkout provided simply because they could do it, which was greatly appreciated

Minuses.
No electric jug in rooms and when requested was provided with attitude and an argument. WHY? Especially when no bottled water is provided apart from the mini bar. For the most expensive room available on their web site a deluxe club king.
The club lounge is not open for breakfast on the weekends so you go to the restaurant in the lovely atrium area. That's where the lovely ends.
The restaurant breakfast service is woeful and the dinner service is worse. There is obviously a problem in the F & B department here.
Make sure you get to breakfast early as they don't top up the buffet and the staff, waiters or cooks, don't give a damn. But they do smile and go about their inefficiency. This is the third time I have stayed and seen the same problem, but if you have endless tolerance and like to serve yourself, the food, if you can get it, is really OK.
Shower overflowed onto floor and flooded bathroom for 3 days with no remedy
No iron and ironing board, but concierge provided quickly.

Room Tip: Club floor rooms are worthwhile, if the club lounge is open (so not on weekends)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank whereswally2010
Gautier-Py, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Whereswally 2010,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was really sorry to learn about the experiences you had in our Hotel and I really would like to express my sincere apologies about the level of service you described in our Restaurant.

I have shared your important feedback with the food and beverage manager, in order to ensure that situation of this nature does not recur in future.

I stay at your disposal for any assistance you may require.
The team and I really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a near future and if this is the case, please do not hesitate to let me know via email so I can make the necessary arrangements.

Yours sincerely,
gautier.py@hyatt.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
4.1 km away
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
#1 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
0.9 km away
Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG
Novotel Convention & Wellness Ro...
#4 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,197 reviews
3.8 km away
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
#3 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,129 reviews
4.4 km away
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & C...
#10 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,850 reviews
1.3 km away
Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel
Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle...
#5 of 30 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!