See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 20, 2017

We stayed for one night, well presented and exceptionally clean rooms- a good sized bathroom with a large shower. Tea and coffee facilities available within the room. Car parking facilities available and at an extra cost you can use the garage. Breakfast was extra which we did not try. About a 10 minute walk into the centre where there are plenty of restaurants and coffee shops available. Overall a well appointed hotel, worth a try

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Very nice hotel. Modern and very clean. Bathroom was lovely with a good shower. Let us park our motorcycle in the garage and never charged us for it. We speak very little French but still managed to have a laugh with the receptionist.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

We had 2 nights here in mid-June, choosing a room with bath and lake view. As noted elsewhere the welcome was excellent and the hotel almost completely refurbished, although it may not be to everyone's taste. But it meant that everything was clean and fresh, everything worked and the whole place felt comfortable and looked after.

The room was good and well furnished (including tea and coffee), but no fridge and no air-con. The wi-fi connected well but refused to handle any of my e-mail for reasons which escape me. There was some light pollution (no blinds or shutters) but the noise insulation was excellent.

The breakfast was a good cold buffet with plenty of choice, including pancakes, lovely cold fruit juice and a decent range of bread and pastry products. Nothing hot (apart from the drinks).

The hotel guide contained useful recommendations of restaurants nearby. Parking is free. You can walk into Gerardmer centre within 5-10 minutes on a flat surface.

Nothing to fault this hotel. 3* just right, so you know what you are getting. We would return to it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2017

So, me and my friends decided to spend a weekend at this hotel. After a whole day of skiing, we decided to go back to our room in order to have a quick nap before hitting town at night. Little did we know that this would not be made possible, for the simple reason that the hotel reps are not able to make their presence felt, and accommodate at their best all guests equally. Basically, it was to our misfortune that in the room on top of us, a family having small kids was residing. Up to here nothing wrong, as I myself have kids.

These kids kept on stamping their feet and running around the room continuously, for a total of 30 minutes, after which my friend decided to call reception in order for them to be able to contact them and try to reduce the noise, so that other guests could enjoy their stay as well. Nothing changed for another 15 minutes. My friend decided to go and speak to reception directly. This was definitely the best part! The owner`s attitude! Damn he`s got some serious anger management issues! He started shouting and swearing at us in french (of which we luckily only understand a few words seeing we are not fluent French speakers). He told us "What do you expect me to do!! I called them already! Do you expect me to go and kill the kids!!"

After this I replied, that I expect him to explain to the parents, that staying in a hotel with other human beings, entails that, YES, you are able to control your kids, as after all, everyone had paid to enjoy their stay their equally. We also added if he expected us to just stay in our room and enjoy the stamping feet on our heads till these kids finally decide to go to sleep, and he rudely replied “Yes exactly.”

I responded by saying that this is unacceptable, and that it definitely wasn`t the right way to handle a complaint. Once more the owner started mumbling and shouting words in french, after which we just left and went back in our room. Will definitely not be going to this hotel nor recommending it again. Pity really, as the location and area it is located in, is quite central.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank xaxig91
Reviewed September 13, 2016

This is a very pleasant hotel in a great location near the lake. Rooms clean and nicely decorated. I didn't have breakfast as it was at an additional cost. We were happy with the service we received and the owner provided us with secure motorcycle parking. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple