Lowest prices for your stay
US$264
PricelineUS$258
Hotels.comUS$265
travelup.comUS$394
2,341 results
All reviews room service belle epoque sea view perfect stay large room comfortable rooms town accor france charm euros
Selected filters
Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

I have always wanted to visit this hotel, and finally booked a weekend at end March, beginning April. We got off to a (very) bad start, as while my wife awaited my return from parking the car, she wondered into the restaurant from the reception area to admire the beautiful view from the large window. As she entered the restaurant, she was told she could not go any further, so as not to disturb the diners (who were finishing lunch at this time). Quite how they would have been disturbed was not clear, but my wife promptly left the restaurant. We immediately decided that , rather than make a fuss, we wanted to cancel our dinner reservation at the restaurant for Sunday night that we had made 2 weeks earlier. When the duty manager got to hear of this episode, we did at least get a sincere apology from him.

Leaving aside this bad start, the hotel is very beautiful: we had a sea view room on the top floor, where at high tide you could hear the waves below. The room was very spacious and elegant, as was the very large bathroom. Although the sea view is obviously very attractive, it comes at a price , and the rooms we visited on the other side have a very nice view of the gardens in front of the hotel and are peaceful.

Two things that I didn’t like about the hotel: the first is that I really appreciate the evening turn down service in a 5* hotel, it is a service not provided by 4* hotels, and the standard of the evening service tells you a lot about the quality of the hotel; here the service was minimal: the bed was made, but not much else. Disappointing. The second thing was that although a complimentary bottle of water was provided the first night, it was not for the second night. At nearly €400 a night, I thought they might include a free bottle of water, as they very courteously did ( 2 bottles in fact!) when our car was delivered to us from the hotel parking on departure. Little touches like that make a big difference.

Overall though, we really appreciated the beauty of the hotel and the site, the stylish room with that noise of the sea, the friendly and very helpful reception ( especially Florence, who booked us an excellent restaurant in the town) and finally the excellent breakfast in that beautiful dining room, with the view that my wife finally got to appreciate! We hope to back, and next time I hope I can give 5 stars! We may even try the restaurant.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ParisRio21
Corinne D, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel Cabourg - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2019

Dear Guest,

Following your stay at our hotel, you were kind enough to share your impressions on Trip Advisor for which I would first like to thank you.

Like I said when I had the pleasure to meet you, I would like to express my most sincere apologies again for the problem you met in our restaurant..We are taking measures to ensure this does not reoccur.

I also have taken note of your comments regarding your room, the evening service and little touches like that make a big difference. Our Priority is your well-being and happiness, and your constructive comments are extremely important as they provide a motive for continuous improvement.

We truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Warm regards,

Philippe Marjoux
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed May 3, 2019

We had the pleasure of spending two nights here as part of a small tour group. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding and the service in general was fantastic. The only lapse was so bad that I am compelled share it. The only service I can recall that was worse happened in 1974 when a waitress at Sambo's threatened to kick my ass because I didn't order coffee with breakfast.
The second night of our stay, we went into the bar. Debbie was pondering a glass of champagne that was listed on their bar menu. Since her taste runs to dry or brut, she asked the server, "Is it sweet?". He put his hand on his hip and said, "It's Champagne" "Champagne is sweet". Debbie replied, "I mean is it dry or does it run sweet?" He said "Do you know anything about Champagne?" At this point, rather than get into a debate as to the relative sweetness of different Champagnes she said, "Never mind, bring me sparkling water" I ordered a Martini and was spared any lecture.

A few minutes later, the server returned. He placed some bar snacks in front of us, set down my Martini, then placed a glass in front of my wife, poured about an ounce of water in the glass and stood there holding the bottle. She looked up at him, dumbfounded. "Don't you want to taste it? Make sure it's not too sweet?" Debbie burst into laughter and assured him that it would please even her uneducated palette.

His rudeness was so over the top that we were amused rather than offended. I share the story because it is interesting, not because I am angry. I do not hesitate to recommend the hotel. The Grand Hotel is a beautiful property with (mostly) great service.

4  Thank 768kirkw
Corinne D, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel Cabourg - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your two nights at Le Grand Hôtel de Cabourg.
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your room and the breakfast.

I also have taken note of your experience into our bar.
Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies and rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you want to discuss these issues. With all our apologies, please accept our warmest regards.

Reviewed April 7, 2019

Excellent hotel with the best service ,enjoyed the location and the breakfast buffet in particular ,on the beach , good and stylish old grand hotel and fashionable with modern luxury at the same time !

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Corinne D, General Manager at Le Grand Hotel Cabourg - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable words regarding your stay at Le Grand Hôtel de Cabourg.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 26, 2019

My wife and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for two nights while travelling through Normandy.Other reviews mention the scarcity of parking, so I would use the hotel concierge parking service, which we did and was excellent. They even left bottles of water in the car for us on our journey home, nice touch. You will be warmly welcomed and have a well appointed and spacious room. A beautiful hotel, with fantastic views and friendly and efficient staff.In a superb location with plenty of nightlife nearby.
It was a real pleasure to stay here.

Room tip: Room 203, lovely view of the gardens.
Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank markcA6953DV
Corinne D, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel Cabourg - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2019

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Le Grand Hôtel Cabourg.

As our staff was delighted to welcome you, be sure that our team will be glad to read that you had a great time in our hotel.

All of us are eager to welcome you again and, waiting impatiently for your return,

Please accept our kindest regards.

Corinne Dupont,

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

We had two rooms both were okay ... it’s the location that makes the hotel worth it, it needs to be remodeled on the inside it needs some tlc parking is $22.00 and if you can get a spot it’s free in front. DONT order room service it is expensive and awful go and eat out! The breakfast in morning was good worth paying for it service was good to. The views are nice

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ll7798
Corinne D, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel Cabourg - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2019

Dear Guest,

It's good to read that you enjoyed your rooms, the location and the views.

I have taken note of your lack of satisfaction regarding the room service. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to ensure this does not reoccur.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.