“Best food in Provence”

Cote Mer
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Fontvieille
Price range: US$17 - US$43
Reviewed September 13, 2018

If you like fish and seafood, then you have to go here. The food is amazing. Beautiful, fresh, seasonal dishes, prepared with care and served with love! We were in Provence for eight days and this was the best of the many very good restaurants we tried. The wine is great too. Book early, they fill up fast!

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant specializes in seafood and is located in a lovely village near olive groves. It’s small but very good.

The salad with goat cheese was light and fresh. The greens had been picked two hours prior to serving the salad. Three triangles of toasted bread/crostini with slices of warm and delicately salted goat cheese rested on the bed of greens. The balsamic vinegar had the right amount of sharp acid to cut through the softness of the cheese.

My husband doesn’t normally like cod but he relished it at this restaurant. For my son, they prepared a minced meat patty with fresh vegetables and mashed potatoes. My son ate very well and enjoyed it, including the table bread.

I’m a vegetarian, so they prepared a vegetable platter and gave me a bottle of seasoned olive oil to drizzle over my vegetables. The carrots were so sweet. The fingerling potatoes were perfect with a fresh grind of black pepper and oil.

The dessert - a flourless chocolate cake atop a biscuit — WOW!

Needless to say, I ate very well.

Reviewed June 9, 2018

We had a great meal at Cote Mer, and would definitely recommend making a stop for some great seafood and friendly service. Some of the best calamari we've ever had, and the chef was incredibly thoughtful and made a delicious dish that was off-the-menu for my vegetarian daughter.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

A lovely restaurant with lots of space, nice not to be cramped in. The food was fresh and tasty and well presented and the service was excellent. We checked out all the meals as they cam out and everything looked really good.

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed an impromptu lunch with friends in this newish addition to eateries in the village. Always a fan of good seafood I wasn’t disappointed, an interesting menu with some interesting twists on local classics. Staff were friendly and helpful, wine list was the usual but favouring local wines that we know and love. Reasonable cost, lovely setting and a very relaxed feel to the experience. Will definitely be back soon.