“Unbelievable”
Review of Astoria Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cassis
Astoria Villa
Reviewed 21 November 2015 via mobile

Astoria Villa is like something out of a movie. We still cannot believe we were able to stay in such an amazing place. Caroline was amazing and took care of everything! It was an easy walk to town, good restaurants, or the calanques! We hope to return!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjstumpf

Reviewed 25 September 2015

We stayed in the 'Panoramic View of the Sea' room and it very much did what it said on the tin! The room had stunning views across the bay so you could lay in bed and take it all in. The bed was very comfy too!

Our room was the most expensive, due to the view, but I think the other room with partial sea view looked lovely, and you could certainly look out of the skylight to see the sea from there.

The decor was lovely - the room was only small but perfectly fit for purpose, and the bathroom was large (although the shower is in the bath, so you need to get help from your partner or keep one hand on the shower head if you're not keen on baths!)

The accommodation was perfect - gorgeous pool with sun beds for all guests. Being a 10 minute walk from Cassis (downhill on the way, uphill on the way back!) means that the location isn't at all noisy, which was a big factor for me when booking.

Breakfast was simple and excellent - pastries and different fruit each day, plus coffee and tea to help yourself to throughout the day.

Caroline was helpful, polite (and glamorous!) and her dog is super cute too!

The wifi was very temperamental so if you need to work and travel I'd consider that, but we were trying to switch off so it was fine!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicky D
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Above and beyond my expectations! Being an interior decorator I think that I am fairly critical about the decor, ambiance and overall feel of any place I stay. i think the word - "perfection" can only sum up my experience at Astoria Villa. The details, the view, the breakfasts and especially the kind owner, Caroline made it a trip that I would love to live over again! I loved how she incorporated the mix of beautiful old pieces with a contemporary slant with her use of modern playfull sculptures. The pool overlooking the cliffs to the port below was perfect after spending the morning at the bustling market. I definitely will return!

Room Tip: The rooms in the turret have a spectacular view. But they are all nice!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2015

I enquired about rooms here for my family and was offered two lovely sounding rooms for two nights in late July, I gladly accepted. Just 2 days ago, I received a curt email from Caroline informing me that the rooms were no longer available. I am horrified. She has not replied to my response. I am now left trying to find rooms for the four of us in high season on the Cote d'Azur, with 3 weeks notice. DO NOT RISK IT!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
10  Thank fitzoo
Reviewed 9 April 2015

We stayed for 4 nights in february 2015 in the upstairs room with a superb view of the sea. Our hostess Caroline was delightful - from coming to find us from the train station in the porsche to recommending restaurants and getting my husband a much needed doctors appointment. She supplied maps for the walk around the callanques and the electric bikes were a bonus - great fun! The decor was elegant, the breakfast delicious with fresh croissants, brioche and pastries and freshly sqeezed juice each morning. On our last night other guests were arriving late and our hostess stayed up late to greet them and arrange pizza for their arrival. The villa is a short walk from the beach and a vigorous walk from the port which offers a great way to clear the head and walk off the magnificent local food. We took advantage of the expresso machine in the guest lounge and the supply of our favourite cherry liquor chocolates. A real treat all around.

Room Tip: upstairs with the sea view in the turret - magic!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janechook
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We spent a couple of days in December 2013 at villa Astoria with my parents and my wife. We were amazed by the beautiful view from the teases as well as from our bedrooms. The calanques are also amazing and the little harbor with its restaurants just few minutes walk. We an an excellent stay there.

Room Tip: If you look for an authentic old French house with charm and well refurbished with modern comfort, t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had a wonderful time at Astoria Villa in Cassis. The villa is beautifully decorated with a stunning view of Cap Canaille over the Cassis harbor. Breakfast was delicious, with traditional baguette and jam, plus another pastry, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. The Nespresso machine was a fun plus, with coffee available all day. Lilou the dog was also excellent breakfast entertainment. We stayed in the Panorama room, and it was always so beautiful to look out at the Cap. The owner, Caroline, was incredibly helpful, even coming to get us in town when there was confusion about how to get a taxi when we didn't have a cell phone. The setting is very intimate, and we never really heard anyone else in the building, very peaceful. The villa is about a 10 minute, hilly walk to town and about the same distance to Port Miou and the start of the Calanques hike. Probably the only drawback was that we had to ask for more toilet paper and towels, but Caroline was very quick to provide everything. My 6'5" husband wasn't crazy about not being able to stand for a shower, but given the rest of our stay, that was minor.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple