See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 28, 2018

Staying here is like visiting your old chain-smoking, beer-drinking, motorcycle-driving Aunt Patsy who lets you sleep in her spare room and doesn't worry too much about laundry and cleaning because she's too busy having a laugh on the beach with her buddies. It's no 5-star resort, but you're going to have a good time.

The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming, and the breakfast was a nice touch.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2016

Stayed here two nights with friends. Staff very accommodating, Free Wifi in room, Car Park on site, rooms small and pretty basic but everything was there and everything worked (would be nice to have tea/coffee in the room though).
The seafront is literally 200mt away and the harbour just around the corner where there are plenty of restaurants, snack bars and cafe's to choose from,
nice little town with lots going on.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2016

I stayed 4 nights on a working trip because all the other spots in town were fully booked.
From outside the place looks a cut above Serajevo in the 90's, inside it is definetely better; doesn't mean it is beautiful.
The room was big enough but the wardrobe quite small, the bathroom was very small and not very comfortable, the style of the furniture... well, no style in the fourniture.
There was only 1 plug in the whole room and the wifi came and went continuously.
Despite everything, I felt ok at La Croix, the staff is very kind, breakfast is ok and the price are quite cheap.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed in June 2009 and found the hotel easily on arrival. Room was simply furnished but clean and quiet and the bathroom perfectly adequate for anyone on a budget. I was staying for a few days exploring the area and travelling on my own. The staff were welcoming and helpful, allowing me to leave my bags before my final departure and assisted with any queries I had (about visiting other towns in the vicinity etc ..) A low-cost supermarket up the road (turn right as you come out of the hotel, walk about 200m and it is on the opposite side of the road) enables budget shopping for picnics etc ..(in what is an expensive part of the world). Local restaurants good - but not cheap - this may not be Cannes, but it is still the South of France !

The breakfast was fine - and it was also nice to be able to sit outside in the warm weather for alfresco dining if you wanted. A simple, straightforward and authentically French establishment - perfect for a short stay.

All in all, a pleasant, peaceful stay in a nice town - I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mhan44
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel's big plus is its location between the old port and the first beaches. Everything is in short walking distance. However in the beginning of June many restaurants were just about to open for the season and there was not much to do. At the moment there is a lot of construction work around the hotel. In the morning we were woken by the resulting noise. Information panels say construction will not be finished before august (best case, I assume).

The rooms were very clean but small. First, we were pointed to a room on the ground floor which we refused to stay in for two reasons. It had a stale smell which would be noticed as soon as you close the window. Only the toilet was separated from the room by a door. Shower and sink were pretty much in the middle of the room. Unacceptable for us. It should be said in their booking confirmation.
The room we changed for then had a bathroom but unfortunately no balcony (the ground floor rooms have their own terrace). The worst in our stay was my mattress. I could feel every single spring. My sisters mattress was a bit better but I would advise to change them.

I still give three points to the hotel because the service was okay and the rooms very clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends