See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Do not stay here even if you look at the cheap price, I’d rather stay on another hotel which offers better service than this one. The front office is being very rude to me.
I already booked the hotel for 4 person and the pillow was only prepared for 2 and when I asked for the pillow the reception scolded me and not giving me any. The room is not clean with dust around and the air conditioning is not working properly.
When I asked the reception he rudely told me to get the window open instead trying to make up the mistake and scolded me.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Do not travel and rely on Booking.com! Especially when you are booking "last minute"! They are not informing you about that your reservation was cancelled and providing you with wrong information!

The hotel Appart’City Genève – Gaillard sends their guests away, even if they want to pay for the room and there is still a place to sleep!!!!!

Yesterday I've made a reservation for my parents through Booking.com at hotel Appart’City Genève – Gaillard in France. They wanted to stay overnight at some hotel, because they were traveling by car for the whole day and they still had a very long journey ahead of them.

Right after I submitted the reservation I got notification from Booking.com that the credit card we inserted was declined - so I corrected the details of the credit card and right after I received email from Booking that the card is okay and they are contacting the property.

Not much longer time later we have received an email from the property Appart’City Genève – Gaillard - with a CONFIRMATION OF OUR RESERVATION - that everything is okay and they are expecting them to arrive. They also sent my parents a text message with further details about the reservation.

However when my parents arrived to the hotel in the middle of the night, ready to pick up their keys- they were SENT AWAY BY SOMEONE FROM THE HOTEL STAFF! The reason for this was that the card was not accepted and they canceled the reservation!!!!

Then I checked my email and I saw an email from booking.com that was sent just 2 hours before the check-in(!!!) that the reservation was canceled!

How is this a great an excellent service from both the property Appart’City Genève – Gaillard when they LEAVE PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT in a foreign country without internet connection WITHOUT ACCOMMODATION!?!!

This is absolutely unacceptable attitude! Noone informed us about the cancellation! Do you think that people who are on the travels are able to check their emails frequently!??! Do you think that everyone owns a smartphone with data? Do you think that sending an email about cancellation only 2 hours before the check-in is good service? Noone called us - especially the property!!!
This caused them searching for different accommodation in the middle of the night, after 12hours long car drive! Never booking at Appart’City Genève – Gaillard again.

Room Tip: dont book at this hotel - terrible service, not informing guests and sending them away!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank monfabryova
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

This hotel does not deserve its rating at all...not even close! Then exterior it very shabby and In bad need of maintenance. The reception desk doesn't even open until 2:00 and is closed at night. The entrance area is sparse and dull....as if you're entering a bad hostel.
The rooms are suppose to be mini suites but they are very bad. The kitchen area is poorly stocked with very few utensils. The bathroom has no amenities, just a tiny bar of soap, no facial tissues and just 2 towels. The tub was not very clean. The bedroom doesn't have a bureau or any drawers. One cupboard was missing it's door and there were stains on the carpet. The one plus?....the bed was comfortable. And be prepared!....if you want your room cleaned and fresh linens that's an addition 19 euros per day! Just fresh sheets?....8 euros!
Stay away from this one!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2017

If I could give this hotel negative stars, I would. Avoid this place at all costs. We stayed here from the 20th-21st of August only for the night as it isn't too far from the airport. No one was at reception to check us in, we had to call the hotel management group, which didn't have access to our reservation. We finally were able to get keys to a room after being let in from someone else that was staying there. The hotel smells like cigarettes, the bathroom of our room smelled like urine, there were only 2 pillows in our room which we booked to accommodate for 4 adults, the bed was 2 twins pushed together with black hair on it from the previous stay, and there were weird stains on the couch. There were no blankets, not even on the twin bed. We used towels to cover ourselves. I would have left right then, however Uber doesn't have any drivers in this area so we had no choice but to stay. We left as soon as we woke up to avoid having to spend any extra time there. Do not recommend at all.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2017

room on 6th floor w view out the back, underground basement secure parking 9€ and a great room price. Kitchenette, coffee maker, microwave, hob, all great. Almost across the road from a great supermarket. Yes carpet stained but bathroom and kitchen clean. Wifi great. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple