All reviews clean rooms visiting geneva hallway border chamonix
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely clean hotel with extremely friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was wonderful, and reception staff couldn’t have been more helpful. Gaillard is a gorgeous wee town with a wonderful restaurant (L’Arvi). Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
laurence v, Directeur général at Hotel Porte de Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Dear Kirsten,
We thank you for your wonderful comment that I will forward to my staff! We hope to see you again soon!
Best regards,

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation on the English version of the hotel's website more than a month before my intended stay. Nothing on the website - at least nothing on the English version of the website - disclosed that the reservation would be nonrefundable. The hotel's confirmation the next morning informed me, for the first time, that the reservation could not be cancelled or modified. I IMMEDIATELY called the hotel to cancel -- THE NEXT MORNING (more than a month before my scheduled stay -- but no one returned my call. I then sent an email - THE NEXT DAY - to cancel the reservation. I sent two more emails --- all more than a month before my scheduled stay. Despite the fact that the website did not disclose that the reservation was nonrefundable, and despite the fact that the hotel did not respond to my emails, I was charged the full amount of the reservation a month later!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
laurence v, Directeur général at Hotel Porte de Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Dear sirs,
When you book on any website you can choose between different rates which are refundable or not. It mentionned all the time whatever is french or english version. To be more confortable with your next bookings, choose a rate that can be modified or cancel free of charge,
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Check-in is friendly and can communicate in English. Room is a bit old and only 1 of the lights in the room is working.
Breakfast is not worth the money.
Still a good place if you want to stay somewhere near Geneva at a low cost for 1 night.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comment. Sorry about the light, you could have asked the reception to replace it as a light can broke down anytime. Regarding the breakfast, it is a buffet that enjoys our guests which offers 2 kinds of cheese, dry sausage, ham, fruit salad, eggs, fresh cake, different kind of bread, dry fruits, pastries, hot and cold drinks, 3 jams and butter.
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2017

After a reservation a month before our trip and mail contact two days before our arrival, we came to the reception of the hotel where a very unfriendly lady told us that the hotel is full and that she doesn't know anything about our reservation. After an argue she consented to look for our mail and our correspondence with her cooworker; she found everything but there were still no rooms for us (3 triple rooms). She called some other"hotel" of lower quality and found us three rooms; so we had an option; take it or stay on the street. Obviously, we had to accept it! I can't say anything about the rooms or hotel facilyties because we didn't have a chance to see it. Awful staff, awfull organisation.
I wouldn't reccomend this hotel to anybody. Stay out of this so called hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

Dear sirs,
Your booking was not guaranted as your credit card was not valid so we asked a nother credit card through the webside but got no answer. Then your booking was cancelled as we never received any return from your side.
Regards,
Laurence

Reviewed June 29, 2017

It's out of the way on in a shopping centre and so a bit out of the way if you want to go anywhere. We were unable to go into Geneva for the evening as the bus the receptionist told us we need to take doesn't in fact run on a Sunday as we found out later. So Buffalo Grill it was.... Good breakfast and good clean rooms. Just a bit remote unless you have transport.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
laurence v, Directeur général at Hotel Porte de Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Dear guest,
We thank you for your nice comment about our hotel. Regarding the location, you can still take a taxi on sundays to bring you to the border where you can take the tramway or bus (1.6 km from the hotel). Otherwise buses (bus stop is 200 m from the hotel) run every other days.
Best regards,