Lowest prices for your stay
US$140
US$131
View deal
SAVE US$9
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
ZenHotels.comUS$140
All reviews owners and staff two sides ski bus superb hotel corner room spa area the main hotel half board spacious bathroom lovely small family run hotel repeat visit star hotel per day small gym foie gras carrefour supermarket beautiful alpine
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2020

We had a standard, traditional wooden room with surprisingly spacious bathroom and a big corner bath. The sauna and jacuzzi were good and peaceful too. We caught the bus to the ski lifts from right outside the hotel door. A 5-10 minute walk to bars and restaurants in the evening.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank trulyintrepidscot
Reviewed March 12, 2020 via mobile

I stayed in the cheaper annex in room 47 on the second floor that I'd say is more 3 star and the main hotel is almost 4 star. The room by French standards is very big with an excellent double bed and a sofa bed too. An excellent Samsung 32 inch TV with some English TV channels namely BBC1, BBC2 and CBeebies plus a few more. A wooden table and chairs a great balcony overlooking the tennis court. An average ski room with no lockers or heaters and the ski boot room was small. In the main hotel the ski room and boot room was better but I was the poor relation staying in the annex. Excellent bathroom bath with shower and always hot water no matter what time of the day or night unlike some hotels. The rooms are kept clean with a nice lemon smelling freshness throughout both hotels the main and annex. The room cleaners deserve extra praise for this level of daily cleanliness. Pine wood and stone is a nice touch. The electric towel radiator and electric room radiators were superb at drying out ski gear better than most ski hotels I've been to over the last 40 years of skiing. The hotel is 3 stops on the yellow bus line from the Grand Massif gondola at Le Berouze bus stop which is directly in front of the hotel probably less than 10 minutes bus ride to the gondola. The only downside is the prices are high €130 per night room only plus €17 for breakfast which I had and €55 per night for half board which I didn't have. The breakfast is decent enough with boiled eggs the only hot option. A frying pan to cook scrambled eggs or pancakes and even a special pancake making machine. Excellent pastries cakes as you'd expect from France, self service coffee machines not waiter service as you'd expect in a 4 star hotel. Plenty of yoghurts, a variety of breads, good jam selection, fresh fruits. Other guests have mentioned it to be not friendly to stay here but I think that's a bit unfair. Whenever I needed something they provided it. In comparison to 4 star Austrian and Swiss hotels it does fall short. I've stayed in French hotels with bug problems in the wood before especially in apartment complexes but like I said the best thing is that this one is exceptionally clean. The wardrobe space in the room was decent too. Plenty of parking for guests with cars too. A Carrefour supermarket only 1.1 Kms walk away on the same road with a petrol station. I am told this is an expensive area in France. Being in Samoens Village at 700m altitude you always have to upload and download the ski lifts everyday whereas most people prefer to ski down to a resort centre. There is not much of a resort centre here. It feels like you are staying in French farmland. It's rather similar to Serre Chevalier ski resort that village to village feel. I'd rather stay here than the ugly purpose built concrete block town of Flaine or the remote Samoens 800m with a dodgy 1980s gondola. Les Carroz is quite good to stay at or Morillion 1100m not the lower Morillion but overall I do like the feel and look of Samoens 800m over all of the ski base areas. The Grand Massif skiing with around 260kms of pistes is excellent with the between the piste off piste skiing being outstanding but beware there are cliffs and crevasses about. The pistes can lead you into a false sense of security it is serious stuff when you go off piste here. I love skiing the off piste around the Chariande & Coulouvrier chairlifts, under the Vernant chairlift, the Veret 50 degrees poma drag lifts but watch out for the cliffs to the right of the top of that skiing lift, the Diamond Noir and Lindars Nord chairlifts are good too. The Grandes Platieres gondola is always very busy as it's the main ski lift to get out of Flaine. The runs are generally short in length if I compare them to the big mountain skiing of Chamonix where I was skiing last week. The Grand Massif ski pass was pretty expensive for 7 days was it €369 with the insurance (always get the carre neige free French helicopter insurance otherwise you will pay on the spot or the police will be called). Overall well worth the stay. There is a campsite even open in winter that I'd consider coming too as I have a campervan it's next to a nice lake. It has mobile homes too for rent and could be a cheaper option. I instinctively like the area. The transfer from Geneva airport is short too about 1 hour which is handy but I came from Chamonix via St Gervais to Cluses to get here. There are only 3 buses per day from Cluses to Samoens around 6am, 12:40 and 18:40 as a rough idea on a Saturday and a taxi from Cluses to Samoens costed me €44.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2020 via mobile

We have spent a wonderful relaxing weekend here and have enjoyed first class hospitality from the owners and their team from start to finish. The hotel is beautifully decorated with countless Haute Savoie charm and is utterly spotless. Little touches like the guide book, robes for the spa and quality toiletries set this place apart from others. The restaurant is lovely with traditional regional food and wine - well worth a visit to unwind and recharge.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2020

Great family run hotel. Its the restaurant that makes the hotel so good - great food.
Nice comfortable rooms and a very nice spa and moderate size indoor pool. There is also a nice outside pool that would be lovely in summer. Owners and staff are very attentive and helpful. The ski bus stops right outside and it is quick walk into the village centre (out of ski boots) Samoens is a lovely tradition french village. The lift up to the ski area is fast and we did not queue once although we were not there in school holidays. Niege et Roc has the reputation of being the best hotel and restaurant in the area which I am sure is true.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank TrevorH485
Reviewed March 4, 2020 via mobile

We love Samoens and have been coming to ski here for many years. Usually with family or friends we have stayed in Chalets or private residences. This time my wife and I chose this hotel and our choice was perfect. This is a lovely small family run hotel, very well run with a lovely spa and one of the best restaurants in the town. Because the free Yellow ski bus stops literally right outside the hotel it is fantastic to get straight to the lifts. The ski area is huge, covering Flaine and Samoens. How lovely to return to the hotel for a great jacuzzi, steam bath, sauna and space to relax before supper. Here is a view from my room.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple