“just wonderful”

Description: Postcode: IG7 6QA Tel: +44 (0) 208 559 1155
London, United Kingdom
“just wonderful”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

finally got to visit this restaurant on Saturday and everything is faultless lovely fresh food, bit of a stereotype clientele but that does not detract from the lovely food and great service.

can't wait to return.

• Visited May 2012

Chigwell, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will certainly be going back!”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The food here is actally amazing and Iam in love with the place!
I came here for a friends birthday and we were so surprsed by the standard of the food and service that we will most certainly be going back again! The staff e very friendly and helpful and the decor was beautiful. Very very good!!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Millie H
london
“good night out”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting Sheesh for a friends 40th Birthday last Saturday,first impressions were TOWIE gone mad, there was 10 on our table and it was book over 2 months in advance, so that we could have a specfic table and well what a surprise when we arrived we did not get the table requested.
The food overall was reasonably good, and all enjoyed what they had dispite one or two wrong dishies, cost wise overall for the food i thought it was well priced at £50.00 a head including wine, however be warned of the bar prices, had i been on a chair i would have fell off of it when the barmaid told me how much my round was, 9 drinks which included 4 spirits & mixers, a coke and 4 glasses of Kir Royale cost £73.00 ouch....
But did we have a good night very much so, but that i believe was down to the company rather than the venue.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank stevieboyLondon
“A grand old 16th century building which is now whoring for some pretentious Money grabbing pimp!”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Ridiculous decor, totally mediocre food and undertrained staff. The flavours are either bland or simply over spiced with chilli to cover up bad cooking. The bar couldn't even do a simple cocktail like a margerita. Due, I suspect to the fact that the cocktails are pre mixed. Steaks are pre cooked, the waiter didn't even bother to ask how we wanted our steaks or chops. They all came well done, just like in a bad burger joint. The wine list is the only redeeming feature!
In short, over priced, over the top and hopefully soon to be over the hill!
Shame on you Sugar to put your name to
such a ludicrous venture. Your fingers will now doubt be severely burnt when the spray tanned fashionistas find somewhere new to be seen.

15 Thank Mi5666
Loughton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb - Have already booked to go back!”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I am very fussy when it comes to meat, but I can honestly say that this is probably the best lamb I have tasted in this country for the past 15 years. The mixed lamb platter was superb! My partner had the lamb kofte which was equally as good.

I don't think there is a dress code (my partner and I were in jeans and there were other customers in hoodies), but the majority of customers were dressed smart and the ladies do get dressed up Essex style. I was the only female not wearing heels.

The only downside was the service we received over the telephone when we initially booked from a lady with a foreign accent. She was quite abrubt and basically told us if we wanted to eat at 2pm we would have to hurry up as the kitchen would close at 5pm to get ready for the dinner shift. As the first contact I have ever had with this restaurant, this was very disappointing and I was considering cancelling and eating somewhere else.
However, I'm glad I didn't!

• Visited April 2012