“Pricey but worth it”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Postcode: IG7 6QA Tel: +44 (0) 208 559 1155
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Went to celebrate my nieces birthday and from the moment we arrived it was very special. Opulent surroundings, friendly and attentive staff and excellent quality food and drinks. Would deffo come back.

Date of visit: February 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,401)

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit and I can not fault the place! The decor, atmosphere, everything is amazing! The food is incredible and portion sizes are great too. I recommend the secret dessert...to die for :-) I’ll be visiting again in a few months with some girl friends. One highlight was bumping into the lovely mark wright!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed January 31, 2018

I've been to Sheesh on numerous occasions and think the food is great! The lamb shish is always beautifully cooked and the dream cakes are ridiculously good!

The only downside to this place is the publicity it has received over the past few years due to the "celebs" that go in there. The place has a snobbish vibe to it now which is so frustrating as this used to be my go to place. God help you if there is a "celeb" dining at the same time as you - all focus is turned to them and you automatically become a non priority, which is disgraceful considering everyone's money looks the same, no matter who's hand its in ...

Should you visit here:

If you like great Turksh food, love "celeb" spotting, don't mind being treated like your money isn't as good as others ... this should be down as your next place to visit....

If you prefer great food with a great service ... probably best you find somewhere else.

Date of visit: November 2017
8  Thank KristinaA1498
Reviewed January 29, 2018

This is my second visit to Sheesh, we were seated promptly for our lunch at 14.45pm. The restaurant was busy and the atmosphere was suited to the old pub style decor. All 5 of us ordered individual starters and mains. The starters went down well. The spinach & cheese Boregi and Calamari were very tasty. The humous & Lamachun lacked flavor. The meat on the Lamachun could have been cooked a little longer. The portions were generous. I suppose they had to be for the prices for the Items.

We ordered 2 Mixed grills, One prawn, one chicken shish & one Adana kofta main. Sides of 3 x chips & 1 x mixed veg. The portions were gigantic. The Prawn dish was perfect in size but the salad portion was massive. For the price, the restaurant is better off charging the price for a smaller portion with a side. The 4 Prawns were a good size very tasty, and well seasoned. If I knew it would come with so much salad I would not have ordered the mixed veg which arrived is a big dish(enough for all 5 of us to share) such a waste of food. The mixed grills were literally piled on the plates. very difficult to maneuver the food on the plate. The food tasted great but again so much of it.

The Chicken, Lamb & Prawns were all cooked beautifully. There was so much food on the plates we couldn't eat it. I ended up taking the grilled meats, Adana and chicken home as well as all 3 portions of chips. I kept noticing customers leaving with huge black cardboard boxes, I now know it was their huge lunches in a takeaway box. If the restaurant has had to resort to giving such big box's for take away surely the owners know the food waste is massive?

The virgin cocktails were lovely. We had virgin Strawberry Mojitos as it was a lunch.

Even though the food was lovely. The restaurant itself lacked atmosphere. The food is priced high for what it is and the quantities are simply wasteful. Even if customers take the food home. Customers are coming to the restaurant to have dinner not get a takeaway. The leftovers I took home with me was enough for 4 of us to have dinner. The service added to our bill brought it to a hefty £360 lunch.

The outdoor space is a lovely feature of this restaurant. Such a shame more of it isn't sheltered so customers can enjoy it during the bad weather months.

My rating is purely based on the lack of atmosphere, the overpriced menu and portion size.

I would recommend this restaurant to friends but not for big family groups unless you want to really splash out.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank KayKhanom
Reviewed January 25, 2018

Beautiful looking restaurant with a great atmosphere.
Staff were lovely and friendly but not too in your face.
Food was delicious and the portions were massive - I had a starter and main but couldn't eat it all.
The upstairs bar had live music but the atmosphere wasn't as buzzy as downstairs.
The car park isn't big enough for the number of tables so you may need to park on the street.

Date of visit: December 2017